weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

The wall certainly qualifies. some gold in the corners too.
Hope you enjoyed the music.

That definitely qualifies. It makes a really nice scene. Despite being entirely unreligious, there's often something compelling in religious art. It makes for a compelling image.
The sound in churches is usually great, but I feel a little queasy playing in them.

That definitely qualifies. It makes a really nice scene. Despite being entirely unreligious, there's often something compelling in religious art. It makes for a compelling image.
The sound in churches is usually great, but I feel a little queasy playing in them.
I know what you mean - even talking in church was wrong when I was little. I couldn't help but think of a recent scene in White Lotus - if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean :ROFLMAO:

I think that this fits the theme perfectly Bebop. Well spotted.

Fits the theme nicely for me. Sounds like an interesting location too.

Week 48: Curves

I've been trying all week to capture a different image with flash that I had in my head. At the eleventh hour I have resorted to my macro lens, daylight and my very curvy bass guitar.

I'm a bit torn but think I will go with this first one.

20221208-OC080104_1_week48.jpg

I took many frames but I also liked this one. Let me know if you think one is better and why?

20221208-OC080068_1_week48-1.jpg

I like them both, really warm tones of that lovely wood and a good take on the theme. Good job!

Very creative. I'm pleased you explained what it is.
I like them - both very "curvy" and the first is a little warmer.

Very creative. I'm pleased you explained what it is.
I like them - both very "curvy" and the first is a little warmer.
Thanks Pete. You're right, it is warmer isn't it? I had to warm them both up a little as stupidly I photographed it on a green sofa which has reflected on it a little. That's where the best light was.

I prefer the framing of the first one. The way the highlight runs up from the bottom corner gives a pleasing leading line (to my eyes!)

Pretty grain - I'm a sucker for it!!!

What brand is the bass? Looks a bit like a Warwick but there are so many.

I prefer the framing of the first one. The way the highlight runs up from the bottom corner gives a pleasing leading line (to my eyes!)

Pretty grain - I'm a sucker for it!!!

What brand is the bass? Looks a bit like a Warwick but there are so many.
Thanks Nod, I'm with you on that and very well spotted. It's a Warwick LX Streamer Jazzman. I do love the grain too and the curves are very tactile.

I only have one other bass now and that is an old Musicman Sterling - also natural wood. An ash body, but it has the most beautiful figured maple neck. It's an awfully heavy lump though. Not as easy to play as the Warwick, but a much better sound in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Lovely!

I think you chose the stronger of the two (but both are very good). The first one, in my view, has a more defined reflection in the curve on the lower left, which is very strong.

I might personally look for a slight tweak to the crop, as I find the bottom right feels a bit tight. A little more, or less, there might improve the image overall.

Lovely!

I think you chose the stronger of the two (but both are very good). The first one, in my view, has a more defined reflection in the curve on the lower left, which is very strong.

I might personally look for a slight tweak to the crop, as I find the bottom right feels a bit tight. A little more, or less, there might improve the image overall.
Hmm yes I agree a bit more room to the right would probably improve it. I was being a little lazy as I left the strap attached and that was casting a bit of a shadow. I should have also laid it on something other than the green sofa which was putting a nasty cast on it.

A beautiful, almost abstract shot. Loving the colour tones as well.

Both good shots but something about #1 has a touchy feely vibe to it.. makes me want to stroke it as it looks so tactile!

Week 49: Tool(s)

Falling behind so a quick phone snap of a tool in use, and one that I wouldn't like to be without. It makes life so much easier when lighting the log burner.

Hot tip - dried orange peel makes fantastic kindling...

20221215IMG_8489-C1week49.jpg

A slightly wider view - though the first is my chosen shot...

20221215IMG_8488-C1week49.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot Bebop, makes me feel warm and toasty just looking at it.

Week 50: Construction

I thought this was going to be a tricky theme for me, but as I went to put my sewing machine away, it occurred to me I have been busy constructing things on it this week... hope it fits! It's a shame I didn't think of it earlier - so this is a pseudo construction - a fabrication if you like :LOL:

My 1970s machine stopped working, so I had to drag the 1950s Singer out of the loft and I was able to finish my project. I do think it is a thing of beauty, and would like to add it is older than me and probably in better working condition!
Only photographed with my phone as it would have been tricky in the confined space and with one hand to use my camera. I did consider catching the needle moving, but I do like my fingers as they are :ROFLMAO:

My chosen shot.

20221219IMG_8499-week50.jpg

And just to record the lovely pattern. I felt the light and my long rule in the background detracted from this and the one above perhaps fitted the theme better.

20221219IMG_8498-week50.jpg

A very good idea for the theme and a well taken phone shot that shows the process.
What have you constructed?

A very good idea for the theme and a well taken phone shot that shows the process.
What have you constructed?
Thanks Peter. This was just scrap material for the photo, but earlier in the week (don't laugh!), I used a bed sheet and a big zip to make a big bag that I can put my cats blankets in to wash them without covering the machine in hair..... they sell similar on Amazon, but they are quite small. After it all, the bag I'd made was still covered in hair on the outside! I think it did help though, as at least the next wash wasn't covered in cat hair. Long story, thanks for listening, ha ha!!

That’s great.

What a fantastic looking machine.

I think it definitely is bang on theme. The first says it more for some reason, but I love the light catching the relief on the second.
Thanks Kell. I do enjoy everything about it. If only it could talk! :)

Yep - that's another week sewn up :)

Yep - that's another week sewn up :)

seams like it :LOL:

Here are your coats... :coat: :coat:

FWIW, I prefer the second shot with the detail in the casting on the end cover - the light and rule don't detract from the idea of construction (to me!)

FWIW, I prefer the second shot with the detail in the casting on the end cover - the light and rule don't detract from the idea of construction (to me!)
Thanks Nod. It is a very pretty little machine. Most of the things in my little office are for making things, now I think about it.

Back