Daily Bend The Light's 2013 365

Giggles, Craig...I am sure she will forgive you .... eventually :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, maybe! :bat:

Catching up here, loving Day 11 shot, a great triptych (y) liking Day 12 too :), but I'll be honest, not a big fan of all the pp-ing for Day 13 shot, sorry fella :(

No problem. Deliberately OTT though. :)

Craig you've missed the fact that a significant number of the man house be them there wooomen thing's :eek: don't worry I'll not grass you up :LOL:

Oh yeah, I forgot. Have to watch out - may be spies about!!! :cautious:

Nice! I tried getting shots of our fish a year or two ago just couldn't do it at all.

It's not as easy as we think it is, is it? They always seem to move just as I press the shutter, so what should be a pion sharp shot ends up with loads of motion blur. Also seem to underestimate the light from the tank...

Great shot, i used to have some red tails, completely forgot until i saw this

Good shot - well caught - with light, reflections and water moving I can imagine not the easiest of shots to get.

Great shot and really sharp! It's so hard to take photos of fish in tanks!:)

I like these flowers, and want a good picture of one sometime. Here is today's image, though. I was going to post a picture of the two little thugs that keep throwing stuff at our windows and frightening my kids...I got some mugshots passed onto police, but figured you'd prefer a flower. :)

15-1-2013 Flower by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Very pretty is it an Amaryllis?

And booh to the a'holes that are chucking stuff at your windows, what are some kids like theses days :annoyed:

I like these flowers, and want a good picture of one sometime. Here is today's image, though. I was going to post a picture of the two little thugs that keep throwing stuff at our windows and frightening my kids...I got some mugshots passed onto police, but figured you'd prefer a flower. :)

Well, the flower's nice and all that,but to be honest....flower v thugmugshots??? No brainer - bring on the mugs!! :LOL::LOL:

In their absence, the flower is delicate and beautiful and a gorgeous shot :)

Well, the flower's nice and all that,but to be honest....flower v thugmugshots??? No brainer - bring on the mugs!! :LOL::LOL:

Very pretty is it an Amaryllis?

And booh to the a'holes that are chucking stuff at your windows, what are some kids like theses days :annoyed:

It could be an amaryllis. To me it's a flower thing. Both the kids have one and a competition to get the tallest and most blooms.

I best not post the mugshots...the police are picking the lads up tomorrow...they already spoke to them tonight, confiscated their fags, their booze, etc., but the lads saw me while the cops had them, so the cops don't want the lads to add two and two, you see?

Hopefully they'll be sorted and will stay away.

It could be an amaryllis. To me it's a flower thing. Both the kids have one and a competition to get the tallest and most blooms.

I best not post the mugshots...the police are picking the lads up tomorrow...they already spoke to them tonight, confiscated their fags, their booze, etc., but the lads saw me while the cops had them, so the cops don't want the lads to add two and two, you see?

Hopefully they'll be sorted and will stay away.

Fingers crossed for you that the little cretins stay well away - we used to have problems where we are as well and it got to be VERY boring in a VERY short space of time.

You know I was joking about the mugshots? ;)

Fingers crossed for you that the little cretins stay well away - we used to have problems where we are as well and it got to be VERY boring in a VERY short space of time.

You know I was joking about the mugshots? ;)

Yeah, trouble is, when my kids start getting upset, then I get annoyed...I can't afford to get annoyed and "bang heads together" which is what I'd like to do. So it needs sorting the correct way. And yes, I know you were joking...:)

I do like that (y) thought I think that it's getting a little lost in the background, could have done with a background that contrasts with the flower a little more :thinking:

At the time of shooting I thought that, but then I liked it, but now you set me thinking again...so I processed another shot I made at the same time, but with a dark background...is this better?

I'm gonna have TWO pictures for today, both of the same flower. :)

15-1-2013 Flower version by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

EDIT: It's not, really...the DoF has thrown the forward petals OOF which is not so on the first one. :( Ah, well. :)

Last edited:
I dont see any issues with having two for the same day :)

I prefer the second, great shot. Almost seems too sharp to me - not because it is over sharpened, just personal preference, i like to have a little softness in flowers, but that's just me!

I'm gonna have TWO pictures for today, both of the same flower. :)
I did that the other day - two of the same flower - shot a few seconds apart but darkening the background. Not something I'm used to doing but want to try more.

Of your two - I think I prefer the second. Pretty flower.

I dont see any issues with having two for the same day :)

I prefer the second, great shot. Almost seems too sharp to me - not because it is over sharpened, just personal preference, i like to have a little softness in flowers, but that's just me!

Really like both. I quite like low key so liking that second one

I did that the other day - two of the same flower - shot a few seconds apart but darkening the background. Not something I'm used to doing but want to try more.

Of your two - I think I prefer the second. Pretty flower.

Thank you. i prefer the second, other than it is a little soft on the top left. It IS oversharpened too...notice that more on this smaller version.

Cheers all.

Driving home today and saw a bird in a tree...something about me made me stop, it wasn't the usual, magpies and such.

Anyway, i managed to get quite close to the base of the tree where he/she was...

I'm not sure what it is...is it a kestrel? Not the best of photos, but the 75-300mm is not the best, especially when against a white sky...

16-1-2013 Bird by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

That's great for a 'just passing by' shot - if it was me a) I wouldn't have seen the bird and b) if I had, and had my camera handy, it would have flown off by the time I got out of the car! Good capture. No idea what it is though - would be interested to find out.

That's great for a 'just passing by' shot - if it was me a) I wouldn't have seen the bird and b) if I had, and had my camera handy, it would have flown off by the time I got out of the car! Good capture. No idea what it is though - would be interested to find out.

I had the camera with the zoom on it in the centre of the car on the way home - figured I might get a frosty misty shot for my 365. Then saw this...it's not the best shot, but he sat there for a long while. Then flew off to another tree...I followed and took a couple of shots from the car then he went off again.

But pleased as it's the first decent one I have got other than the Little Owl I got a while back. :)

Nothing like proper wild BoPs instead of show birds. :)

It could be a kestral, Craig - it's a brilliant shot to say you just spotted it and stopped....I wouldn't have been able to do that! Mine would have been a niceish shot of some branches with a blob in them! :LOL:

It could be a kestral, Craig - it's a brilliant shot to say you just spotted it and stopped....I wouldn't have been able to do that! Mine would have been a niceish shot of some branches with a blob in them! :LOL:

Thanks. A birding friend of mine on Facebook says it's a kestrel, possibly juvenile, or it;s a female.

As for the shot, it stayed still for quite a bit...and the AF on the 1dIIn seems to be pretty good - managed to fix on the bird even though there were branches in front that would have fooled my 40D. And the 400D before that would have never found the bird. :)

Looks like a Kestral to me, there is one living quite close to my house and if I have my camera it's damn elusive. If not it's always around :LOL:

Excellent for a grab shot :)

Great spot and shot Craig is it a Kestrel or Sparrow Hawk? Not sure myself

Don't think the eyes are wide or bright enough for a sparrowhawk. My friend on FB is quite sure it's a kestrel, female or juvenile.
:)

Looks like a Kestral to me, there is one living quite close to my house and if I have my camera it's damn elusive. If not it's always around :LOL:

Excellent for a grab shot :)

Thanks. :)

Back