Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Is there no love for "The hours of my life." A Japanese drama about a young guy with als, also a love story. We loved it and have watched it about 4 times now. It's a bit hard to find now but I managed to Google my way to an asian site with it and recorded all episodes.

I do like Better call Saul.

We watched "Pillars of the earth" for the first time recently and I loved it. We watched "World without end" years ago but we're about to watch it again.

I'm rather late to the party, but I've just discovered 'The Expanse' on Amazon Prime, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

One of the best Sci-Fi series I've seen in years.

Only 3 episodes in of White Lines but it's good.

Anyone watching Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic? Really good. Watched episode 5 yesterday, thought at one point it was directed by Quentin Tarantino! :eek:

Also watching White Lines, not finished it yet. Liked it in the first few episodes but think the storyline is quite hollow/predictable, hopefully gets better

Just finished Warrior Nun on Netflix. All I can say is, there better be a season 2!

We are watching Ozark and Snowpiercer.

Series 2 of Hanna on prime now

It’s definitely worth a watch, I thought it was better than the original movie as it gets abit more in depth with the characters.

Have watched up to episode 3 now. The movie passed me by as well!

Anyone watched Unsolved mysteries? Worth the time?

I've actually watched less tv/film during lockdown than the whole previous year, been gaming more so as I got a new PC. But looking to catch up a bit on the viewing, I see the Sinner season 3 is now on NF so will probably do that, watched the first 2 couple year back

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is very funny at times and some excellent individual performances

Stateless (Netflix) looks decent after 1 episode.

mindhunters is excellent, especially when you see the attention to detail in just how close they have the actors look like the real murderers

mindhunters is excellent, especially when you see the attention to detail in just how close they have the actors look like the real murderers
I liked Mindhunter both seasons, but I’d read they were making no more which is a real shame :(

We've just started watching American Gods and have been surprised at the sex scenes. I didn't think such things were allowed on TV. I don't know if we'll watch anymore, not because of the sex scenes but because Mrs WW seems to have lost interest.

We did like "Kingdom," an American drama about cage fighters, again with a lot of sex scenes. I enjoyed the drama even though there wasn't one likeable character in it. I do think sex scenes are lazy, I'd much rather see a well written drama that didn't need them.

We're stuck for things to watch now.

I’m not sure it’s that original (I remember 'American Chopper' years ago) but I’ve enjoyed watching both series of 'Rust Valley Restorers' on Netflix.

A third series begins at the end of this month I understand.

We've just started watching Travellers on Netflix. The first episode was ok so we're hoping they can keep the standard up.

We've just started watching Travellers on Netflix. The first episode was ok so we're hoping they can keep the standard up.

I really enjoyed that. A bit silly and OTT in places like most American productions, but still fun nonetheless. I was hoping for another series or two . . .

Nearly finished season 4 of This is us on prime. It’s ok, I’ve got to season 4 and not given up on it so it can’t be that pooh.

Staged on Netflix is brilliant. David Tennant & Michael Sheen playing caricatures of themselves during lockdown.

Cobra Kai. My expectations were properly subverted. Despite the flak Netflix is picking up at the moment, I'm glad they picked this up. Not seen intelligent realistic storytelling like this for a long time.

Put a hash brown on that one and send it to the internet!

I started watching the Boys last week, and have already caught up to date, watched ep-5 season 2 Sat night. Honestly had no expectations, I'm really not into super heroes - but this hooked me in, some of the characters are a bit cringey and irritating but Homelander alone makes it worth the watch. Can't really say anymore as to why as it could be spoiler-ish.

Also watched The Gentlemen on Prime last night, usual Guy Ritchie flick but entertaining and a fun distraction, interesting cast too, never thought I'd say Hugh Grant gave a good performance but he's the perfect creep in this one

Anyone else watched The Fall ?
Thoroughly enjoyed ir is a bit gruesome in places
Hasn't Gillian Anderson aged well

Back