Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

My better half has been badgering me to watch ''Money heist'' on netflix for years, well today i watched episode 1, and managed to binge to episode 10 in one day, it really is that good -)

Not sure if its still available on iplayer but "Wisting", a Norwegian drama was absolutely brilliant.
Great plot twists right until the end...(y)

Thanks for the recommendation and I agree 100%. We've watched the series over the last few days and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the recommendation and I agree 100%. We've watched the series over the last few days and really enjoyed it.

Might have something else for you...
another Norwegian drama called Twin has just started on BBC4 right now...
Obviously iPlayer will allow you to view when time allows ;)

Tiger King Documentary, wow what a load of crazy people. All with huge egos all full of lies and some pretty nasty people to boot.
Up to episode 6 with one to go.
Anyone else feel a bit sorry for Joe Exotic.

Just completed drama series on Netflix called "Seven Seconds".
A real slow burner but equally compelling watch.
Approx 11 hours worth over 10 episodes.
It was good enough for me to complete it over 3 nights.

Unorthodox on Netflix was very good. Also I'm sure it's already been posted, but Making of a Murderer is a very powerful and gripping documentary.

Unforgotten if you missed it on terrestrial is on Netflix, brilliant acting and attention to detail.

Unforgotten if you missed it on terrestrial is on Netflix, brilliant acting and attention to detail.
We’ve started watching this, it’s excellent in every way. We have watched two series so far on Netflix and I’ve downloaded BritBox to get the third. I’ve read a fourth series has been made in 2019 which is due to be shown this year.

Last edited:
Tiger King Documentary, wow what a load of crazy people. All with huge egos all full of lies and some pretty nasty people to boot.
Up to episode 6 with one to go.
Anyone else feel a bit sorry for Joe Exotic.

Y'know, as crazy a sumfobeech he was/is, I kinda did feel a bit for him [no spoilers, j.i.c]

I enjoyed 6 Days and also watched Kajaki for the second time the other night, brilliant film.

I signed up for BritBox. I've got 13 series of Poirot to go through! There's also all the Midsomer Murders on there (22 series) and all the Cracker and loads of others. Got bored of new stuff and wanted to re-watch familiar things for a bit.

Tales from the Loop on Prime a little bit like The Twilight Zone.
Now watching The Tiger King on Netflix.

It gets better

I've no doubt. I just haven't watched much lately. I've been furloughed and have a 2 month free trial of Kindle Unlimited so I've been ploughing my way through books. Haven't even started on season 5 of Better Call Saul yet!

I started watching Better Call Saul after Breaking Bad and I know lots of folk love it but I just couldn’t get in to it. [emoji848]

You should really stick with, it only gets better a few seasons in. I'm up to date with it, and I can tell you at times it is better than BB

I think I stopped on the 3rd episode. I had enjoyed Breaking Bad so much it just didn't seem the same without many of those characters.

You should really stick with, it only gets better a few seasons in. I'm up to date with it, and I can tell you at times it is better than BB

I echo Cagey75 comments. It just gets better and better and if you do stick with it, you will see many of the characters from Breaking Bad. Because it is a prequel, you can see the genesis of many of the events in Breaking Bad. I think it’s essential viewing. Do consider giving it a second chance, even if the ‘tempo’ of the programme is a little different to BB.

I echo Cagey75 comments. It just gets better and better and if you do stick with it, you will see many of the characters from Breaking Bad. Because it is a prequel, you can see the genesis of many of the events in Breaking Bad. I think it’s essential viewing. Do consider giving it a second chance, even if the ‘tempo’ of the programme is a little different to BB.

I really enjoyed S-4, loved all the throw backs and tie ins to BB, this season has been pretty solid too. I think what slowed up the series during earlier seasons was the whole Jimmy/Chuck storyline, was very slow and got a bit dull, but get passed that and you're in.

I really enjoyed S-4, loved all the throw backs and tie ins to BB, this season has been pretty solid too. I think what slowed up the series during earlier seasons was the whole Jimmy/Chuck storyline, was very slow and got a bit dull, but get passed that and you're in.

I agree, but I think the whole Jimmy/Chuck thing, gives us an insight in what makes Saul the person he is. In the same way you watched Walter White change from concerned parent, to ruthless drug dealer you see Jimmy change from a man with a chip on his shoulder because of his brother, getting involved with gangsters. It’s the personal journey that fascinates me as much as anything else.

I agree, but I think the whole Jimmy/Chuck thing, gives us an insight in what makes Saul the person he is. In the same way you watched Walter White change from concerned parent, to ruthless drug dealer you see Jimmy change from a man with a chip on his shoulder because of his brother, getting involved with gangsters. It’s the personal journey that fascinates me as much as anything else.

I hear ya, I mean I did roll through it, there was times I wondered 'where is this going?' - but it all came clear and I'm glad I stuck with - love the series as a whole now. Just for the newer viewer looking to get into it, I understand it can get a bit taxing, but never for long. Push through!

Last edited:
I hear ya, I mean I did roll through it, there was times I wondered 'where is this going?' - but it all came clear and I'm glad I stuck with - love the series as a whole now. Just for the newer viewer looking to get into it, I understand it can get a bit taxing, but never for long. Push through!

Totally agree - Better Call Saul is one of television’s greatest treasures, stick with it!

I have exactly the same top 3 so I couldn’t agree with you more!
Absolutely love Ozark, can’t wait for the next series already

I couldn't get into Prison Break, love BB and Ozark though - what's the chances of next season coming before end of year? since they took overly long to bring season 3 out, was meant to happen mid last year

Just finished The Mandalorian. Absolutely excellent, and better than most of the Star Wars films.

Love this programme, and something about Kim's voice gets me every time :ROFLMAO:

I know what you mean.

I must admit I was starting to get worried about Kim’s safety in the last couple of episodes.

Can’t wait for the next series!

I always think, she isn't in Breaking Bad, so something has to happen!

Indeed, and I can’t imagine that it will be anything good.

Maybe whatever the ‘event’ is, it turns out to be the final part in making Saul/Jimmy the person we find in Breaking Bad.

Back