Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Anyone else watched The Fall ?
Thoroughly enjoyed ir is a bit gruesome in places
Hasn't Gillian Anderson aged well
I'll be watching the last 2 episodes tonight.

As noted away's back I watched Star trek discovery
It was good fun as a stand alone.

I didn't realise there was more to come, I thought it finished.
I found season 2 and got bored half way though S2 E1.

That was the end of that (y)

The Fall was much better than I was expecting it to be. A lot of people don't like season 3 but for me that was the best.

Have to agree and the last episode was surprising

Anyone else watched The Fall ?
Thoroughly enjoyed ir is a bit gruesome in places
Hasn't Gillian Anderson aged well
We're halfway through season 3 and really enjoying it.
Gillian Anderson plays the part well.

I've just finished "Brave new world" ( S1 E9)
Sky one via Now TV

I'm not sure if that was the end of it or not TBH. Doubt I'll watch S2 if there is one either.
Twas a bit weird and hard to follow at times, but the abundance of boobies made the suffering worth while (y)

Notable shows:
Amazon film: Gemini Man. Will Smith. Action
Amazon filum: Filth. Scottish cops, humorous.
Amazon film: Knives Out. Daniel Craig. US humourus whodunnit.
Netflix film:The Girl in the Spider's Web dark action / tech / weird Euro movie but worth watching.
Netflix film: Enola Holmes. A fun family film. English.
Netflix film: Kill me 3 times. Simon Pegg. In Australia
Netflix film: Native - slow & thought provoking, good late night fare

We started to watch "Travellers" which is a sort of time travel drama but I think it's fallen off very badly and I don't know if I can finish it now.

We all loved "Ozarks" and will watch the 4th series if/when it arrives.

Mrs WW likes "V Wars" which is a sort of vampire thing but frankly I think it's unwatchable drivel.

Better call Saul and El Camino both Breaking Bad off shoots,Penny Dreadful,Hemlock Grove all on Netfix

We started to watch "Travellers" which is a sort of time travel drama but I think it's fallen off very badly and I don't know if I can finish it now.

We all loved "Ozarks" and will watch the 4th series if/when it arrives.

Mrs WW likes "V Wars" which is a sort of vampire thing but frankly I think it's unwatchable drivel.
I watched all of Travellers and enjoyed it.
I read last week there won't be anymore Ozarks.
Recently watched Cobra Kai, didn't fancy it at first, but thought I may as well try the first episode and ended up watching both seasons. Didn't realise it had the cast of 80's Karate Kid in it, Mr Miyagi appearing in a few flashbacks. Elisabeth Shue is supposed to be in season 3 when it comes out.

A couple of recommendations from other streaming services:

Tehran on Apple TV+ is good.
As is The Right Stuff on Disney+.

As noted away's back I watched Star trek discovery
It was good fun as a stand alone.

I didn't realise there was more to come, I thought it finished.
I found season 2 and got bored half way though S2 E1.

That was the end of that (y)

It very quickly became a soap opera.

Recently watched Cobra Kai, didn't fancy it at first, but thought I may as well try the first episode and ended up watching both seasons. Didn't realise it had the cast of 80's Karate Kid in it, Mr Miyagi appearing in a few flashbacks. Elisabeth Shue is supposed to be in season 3 when it comes out.
I read otherwise

Watching The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix seems very good so far !

I saw some of the making of Enola Holmes at Arley station on the Severn valley railway, I spoke to a guy there using a constantly rotating camera something to do with CGI ?

Plastic Ocean is a rather shocking documentary on the amount of plastic in our Oceans and the damage it causes to both Animals and Humans , Why are Humans so stupid ?

+1 for Black Books, recently binge-watched.
We also really enjoyed Trollied for 8 series of light hearted fun
Currently watching Friday Night Dinners on Netflix, another slightly absurd situation comedy that goes down really well.

On a different track, I watched The Way (film) on Prime yesterday, really good film and quite inspired me to aim to walk the Camino de Santiago sometime in the next few years.

Not a series but "American Murder" is a compelling watch due to the story and use of real life footage and various forms of social media excerpts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blindspot final series 5 starts on Sky Witness this Wednesday at 9pm

Black Books - How on earth did I miss this the first time around?

No idea! it's been doing the rounds on tv for over the past 20 year. Great series, watched it numerous times over the years, enjoy :) Dylan Moran is great, as is Bill Bailey

Random useless fact of the day: Dylan Moran is from the town I'm living in, and my partner's Dad used to be one of his lecturers

Just double checked and there's going to be a series 4 with 14 episodes and that'll be that. I hope they bring all story lines to a good end. I'm hoping the Byrdes and Ruth can resolve their differences and all make a clean getaway :D

Last edited:
Just watched episode 1 of season 2 of The Mandalorian.
Loved it.

I'm looking forward to the second series.

We're currently watching "The Good Place." It's a half hour comedy series about a rather awful lady who in an apparent case of mistaken identity finds herself in The Good Place after her death. It isn't great but I want to see what happens.

We're currently watching "The Good Place." It's a half hour comedy series about a rather awful lady who in an apparent case of mistaken identity finds herself in The Good Place after her death. It isn't great but I want to see what happens.

I watched it all then rewatched it, I thought it was excellent. It's a shame it had to end.

I liked Black Books and I fancied the lady next door :D

Watched the first episode of The Queen's Gambit, looks really promising.

Also finally started on The Crown

Watched the first episode of The Queen's Gambit, looks really promising.

Also finally started on The Crown

It's decent enough, nice and short, doesn't over stay it's welcome which is nice now and then. I know absoloutely zero about chess [bar some of the names of the pieces] - great thing is, you really don't need to

Back