weekly blakester's 52 for 2012, Week 52 "Busy (Beach Party)" Post 1215 FINISHED

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Well after a bit of dithering, I have decided to take up the challenge of a 52 for 2012. This will be the second time I have took this challenge, the first being 2010 when I did complete the year but admittedly was a struggle at times. I know it will be tough at times but enjoyable to stretch my skill and imagination, I am looking forward to it and hope to drop in on as many other 52'ers as possible. Onto this weeks submission, which funnily enough the subject of which (pebbles) I started my 2010 52 with too.
These paw prints are heading in a "DIRECTION" across the frame.
C&C welcome! Iain

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainblake/6636047059/][/URL]

Last edited:
far far too much time on your hands.........:LOL::LOL:

what time did you leave southwold...........

Oh and a fantastic idea.........

Hi Iain, welcome back to the 52 wk projects. A great start indeed, a great idea and a very well taken pic. Look forward to seeing the rest (y)

Thanks Michael your positive comments are much appreciated.

far far too much time on your hands.........:LOL::LOL:

what time did you leave southwold...........

Oh and a fantastic idea.........

:LOL: Its an obsession Lynton.
I left Southwold about 3 o'clock in the afternoon but didn't go straight home, I continued north along the coast to Benacre.

Hi Iain

Brilliant idea for the theme...nicely shot ......great start to your challenge :clap:

Hi Iain

Brilliant idea for the theme...nicely shot ......great start to your challenge :clap:

Thanks Lynne your comments are much appreciated :)

:wave: welcome back Iain !!!

Good to see your patented pebble prints putting in another appearance. You know that I love these footprint shots and quite honestly I wouldn't care if your entire 52 was made up of them - nothing more to say :LOL:

Hi Sarah, thanks for the welcome back to the 52.
A 52 made entirely of pebble foot and paw prints....now there's a challenge :LOL: I am not sure I could even come close to that number and keep them unique :thinking: Fitting the weekly themes would certainly require a wee bit of crowbarring to make them fit :LOL:

Very clever, very simple, well put together with great colours and textures :) Like the interpretation of the theme too.

Very clever, very simple, well put together with great colours and textures :) Like the interpretation of the theme too.

Thank you for your positive comments (y)

What a great start I thought of similar but gave up as it seemed too hard to do. Will be keeping an eye on your 52

Cheers Martin (y) I am looking forward to this 52 and the next theme.

Lovely image and textures. It works very well with the theme.

Thanks Peter, I am pleased this has met with such a positive reception.

A really nice concept. Simple and effective - Nick

Thanks to you too Nick, simple...thats me :D

Love it, very creative

Glad you like it James, cheers (y)

What a great first image Iain - Love this set, this is a great addition, great colours and as sharp as ever (y)

Cheers Dean, this was one of a few I captured on the Southwold visit, who'd have thought it, us taking photographs on a meet.:LOL:

Thanks for your kind comments (y)

Whoa :D

What did you use for the background then?? looks like erm :thinking:

It was taken on top of one of the large stone groynes, they are naturally blue/grey, my processing has brought out the colour.

you took some photo's? I just set my camera up and pretended..... pah!

It's no wonder the british coastline is eroding with you stealing several tons of it every week.....!!! :shake:

It's a great theme you've got going on with those shots.....I was talking to Lynton the other day about how you should get some up for sale in some of the seaside villages etc.....there are people all over the place that buy crap like this.....in fact Tori still wants one on a canvas!! :LOL:

Seriously though, it's a crackin' start to your 52, Iain....:clap:

A really good start to the project.

I enjoyed looking through the others on your Flickr also :)

you took some photo's? I just set my camera up and pretended..... pah!

:LOL: I actually took a couple of hundred that day! Obviously not all keepers but I am taking it as a step in the right direstion by actually taking the camera out of the bag on a TP meet :D

It's no wonder the british coastline is eroding with you stealing several tons of it every week.....!!! :shake:

It's a great theme you've got going on with those shots.....I was talking to Lynton the other day about how you should get some up for sale in some of the seaside villages etc.....there are people all over the place that buy crap like this.....in fact Tori still wants one on a canvas!! :LOL:

Seriously though, it's a crackin' start to your 52, Iain....:clap:

:cautious: You have a certain way with words Damien :LOL:
Yes I really need to make an effort with these and see if someone will buy crap like this :LOL:
Thanks Damien for your comments (y)

A great photo, love the colours and texture!!

I look forward to seeing the next 51!!

Thanks Sarah, glad you like it (y)

Love the originality of he pic nice one

Cheers Daryl

A really good start to the project.

I enjoyed looking through the others on your Flickr also :)

Thanks Nick, glad you enjoyed the set.

Great stuff. Nice lighting, nice and sharp.

Keep it up (y)

Thanks Joe, I will try but can't promise consistency for another 51 weeks.

fantastic!

brilliant imaginative shot, and looks sharp & well lit.

Looking forward to seeing more
x

Nice one Iain... did you leave them on the groyne... I'll have a look next time I'm there. :D

Nice one Iain... did you leave them on the groyne... I'll have a look next time I'm there. :D

Thanks Helen (y)
No I'm afraid I didn't leave them but I should have done, that idea appeals to me in leaving the art work behind.
I have done in the past when I have been on holiday and first had the idea of pebble "sculptures" :thinking:. I wonder if they are still on those beaches of Tunisia and Zante. :LOL:

Hi Iain - great to see you on the 52 treadmill again! :)

What a cracking start (and in keeping with your Week 1 tradition). I totally love this - the idea, the composition, the colours and textures all spot on. :clap:

Jean

Thanks for looking in Jean (y)
Yes, I was in keeping with my last 52 start, completely unintentional but I did find it funny that it was a pebbles shot :LOL:
I am at this moment struggling with this weeks theme, I have an idea but the execution of it is proving problematic. Still it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy.

Well Week 2 - Fear, I had an idea spring to mind immediately, that is fear of heights or in my case, in which I dont mind heights having been trained to work at height in a previous job, 'No Fear'.....but a healthy respect.
I have been searching for a suitable building/structure from which I could take my vantage point and this (in the image below) was as high as I could find. I wish to shoot higher but will save that for a reshoot, in the meantime I will continue to search for a building which ticks the box. Whats wrong with wanting to hang over the edge of a building to capture the image? Health & Safety :wacky: :LOL:
Anyway, onto the image.

Week 2 'No Fear' a head for heights.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainblake/6674450645/][/URL]

Hi Iain,

Great start, I'm another fan of your pebble footprints, brilliant idea beautifully shot. Checked your flickr page and I just can't choose a favourite. Hope to see a few of these meander through your 52.

Like what you've done with this weeks theme. The street light and person with the red hat make the shot for me.

Carol

Back