weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

:wave: I feel like I'm following you around Lynne......but then again its impossible not to do in here :whistle: :LOL:

I like the image and tbh I like the signal but agree with DK about cloning out the path, for me, on both sides :)

I think you got the symmetry pretty much spot on. Solid start to the challenge and works very we'll in mono.

Cheers Adam....mono was the only option thanks to the great british weather...:mad:

It looks pretty good to me, leaves me wondering what's just around the corner...

Cheers Sarah......had to keep an eye open for the train....:eek:

Yes, me too! The symmetry works well for this theme, the b&w suits the subject matter, and the bend in the distance is a great focal point.

Thanks Andrea :)

Some people just see 'kink'y in everything! ;-) good luck this year

Hi Jeff , thanks for stopping by....a & s for Kinky...you have no idea......:muted: :muted:

Hey Lynne :)

That looks good to me, I'd be tempted to clone out the signal with some trees and maybe the RH path as my eyes go down the track then get pulled by them, other than that looks plenty level enough, liking the B&W and again the shiny track curving in the distance (y)

Cheer's Dean...I did wonder about cloning the signal & path out but as my cloning skills are a work in ( slow )progress I thought best to leave well alone :LOL:

Agree with the Dark Night here the signal pulls my attention other than that think its great like the b&w conversion

Thanks Craig....cloning is on my list of things to perfect this year :)

I think you've just about nailed this one, lovely in b/w as well (seems to be the week for it :))

Wow, lots of B&Ws this week...not from me though ;)

Composition and symmetry look bang on :clap:

I did wonder about the signal and the white thing opposite, but fell it adds context.

Crit, well not keen on the stones on the sleepers ;)

Cheers.

I think the symmetry is pretty much spot on too, I do find the signal does draw my eye,

Hi Lynne yes I like this and I am another one who wants to know what lies round the corner hope as the weeks pan out I will be more inspirational and hopefully will get to slip a bike in somewhere along the "line" :)

.......being a stalker isn't a good thing, is it......
_no.gif
...........:runaway:..............:LOL:

I'll let you know in a few weeks...... :LOL:

I think the symmetry is pretty much spot on too, I do find the signal does draw my eye,

Cheers Liz...thanks for popping in (y)

Hi Lynne yes I like this and I am another one who wants to know what lies round the corner hope as the weeks pan out I will be more inspirational and hopefully will get to slip a bike in somewhere along the "line" :)

Thanks Sharon...look forward to seeing some bike shots from you this year (y)

Cheer's Dean...I did wonder about cloning the signal & path out but as my cloning skills are a work in ( slow )progress I thought best to leave well alone :LOL:
I Just use the 'Spot removal tool' in Lightroom for bits like that, would clone them out with 2 small clicks :)

Hi Lynne, I like it, then I would say that as you have noticed,
I too am awful at cloning things out so would have left it in myself
my only crit are the trees in the BG seem a little odd?

Congratuations on your pic of the week too :banana:

Last edited:
Odd - Great shot. I love the texture and tones on this. Congratulations on it being the Staff Photo of the Week
Linear/Line - Nice converging lines. I like this shot. The addition of the signal adds to the image

I'm so impressed with the PP on ODD, I really wouldn't know where to start.

More B&W rails (y)

Good stuff Lynn. I like the signal and the way the signal arm and curve both veer off left in the same direction....also like the inclusion of the fence lines to the right a lot......Cant fault it at all.....

Only crit would be with regards to standing on a working railway line I presume....naughty naughty :eek:

Last edited:
Nice, bold (almost) converging lines which works very well in your b/w PP. Agree with DK about cloning out the signal.

Good luck for this year's challenge!

Hi Lynne
so we're both here again lol
good strong image, dont mind the signal on left but the path? on right keeps drawing my eye.
seems to me you try to sort one line out and it just upsets another lol....guess i need to keep practising

Love the contrast and the composition. B&w works well for this type of shot I think. I've done similar in colour and particularly at this time of year they end up looking a bit drab!

Liking this, leading lines to see what is round the corner, makes me wonder...

The stop signal just adds that little extra too, loverly spot well photographed

Hi Lynne, great start for you, a Pic of the week to boot as well. yay!

Loving teh lines too, you know me, I'll clone anything out..... but I see no reason to take the poor signal away.

Two strong images!

The first one is my favourite, I'm not too sure what it is but it's well lit - good interpretation of the theme.

Good choice on the mono conversion on the second, as DK has already mentioned I would probably toy with the idea of cloning the signal but good shot nonetheless.

What a great start, I look forward to seeing your future entries (y)

Wow, lots of B&Ws this week...not from me though ;)

Composition and symmetry look bang on :clap:

I did wonder about the signal and the white thing opposite, but fell it adds context.

Crit, well not keen on the stones on the sleepers ;)

Cheers.

sorry bud , missed you comment there.....now a bit of gardening for the shrooms I don't mind , but I'm not carrying a brush around with me for stones...besides , I was concentrating on watching for trains :p

I Just use the 'Spot removal tool' in Lightroom for bits like that, would clone them out with 2 small clicks :)
Well done You :clap:

Cheers Dean...really must look at getting lightroom but then I'd struggle to learn it & I've all on with pse10...is lightroom easier ?

Lovely pic Lynne, b+w works a treat, very pleasing composition.

Thanks Michael :)

Hi Lynne, I like it, then I would say that as you have noticed,
I too am awful at cloning things out so would have left it in myself
my only crit are the trees in the BG seem a little odd?

Congratuations on your pic of the week too :banana:

Cheers Alan....cloning is something I really need to get to grips with this year ! & thanks for the congrats as well.....:D

Odd - Great shot. I love the texture and tones on this. Congratulations on it being the Staff Photo of the Week
Linear/Line - Nice converging lines. I like this shot. The addition of the signal adds to the image

Cheers Peter & thanks...I figured the signal was part of the sceen so psent a while trying to make sure I didn't clip it...handehld as thought putting the tripod on the track was going a step to far.....:eek:

I'm so impressed with the PP on ODD, I really wouldn't know where to start.

More B&W rails (y)

Thanks DR :)

Good stuff Lynn. I like the signal and the way the signal arm and curve both veer off left in the same direction....also like the inclusion of the fence lines to the right a lot......Cant fault it at all.....

Only crit would be with regards to standing on a working railway line I presume....naughty naughty :eek:

Cheers Jason....yup , it's a working line but thankfully only 1 train & when I was on this part of the line said train was in the station about 5 miles away.... I knew this as I'd seen it go by :)

Good shot I like it....... I think your very brave(?) standing in the middle of a train track though(y)

Thanks Paul...the things we do for photography, as above it was quite safe though not entirely sure the people who run the line would agree :D

Very nice, I would leave the signal where it is as I think it adds context. Plus I like as little PP as possible. Is that an actual live in use railway???

Nice, bold (almost) converging lines which works very well in your b/w PP. Agree with DK about cloning out the signal.

Good luck for this year's challenge!

Cheers M....:)
Hi Lynne
so we're both here again lol
good strong image, dont mind the signal on left but the path? on right keeps drawing my eye.
seems to me you try to sort one line out and it just upsets another lol....guess i need to keep practising

Saturdays just wouldn't be the same would they...;)

Love the contrast and the composition. B&w works well for this type of shot I think. I've done similar in colour and particularly at this time of year they end up looking a bit drab!

Yeah , winter midday is not ideal for this type of shot so mono is my savoir (y)

Liking this, leading lines to see what is round the corner, makes me wonder...

The stop signal just adds that little extra too, loverly spot well photographed

Thanks Richard...it is a great little railway line , hopefully I'll get some shots of the steam train in action during better weather :)

Hi Lynne, great start for you, a Pic of the week to boot as well. yay!

Loving teh lines too, you know me, I'll clone anything out..... but I see no reason to take the poor signal away.

Aww , thanks Graham...the signal was beginning to get a complex :D

Great start to your 52.

Cheers :)

Hi Lynne
Odd - cannot poss comment as you are now a star
Line - that's more like it :DDark, resort to mono, complain about the kinks imposed by Network Rail (altho it might be one of those enthusiasts lines). Nice tho:) and on theme

Aww...thanks Alan :kiss:

Two strong images!

The first one is my favourite, I'm not too sure what it is but it's well lit - good interpretation of the theme.

Good choice on the mono conversion on the second, as DK has already mentioned I would probably toy with the idea of cloning the signal but good shot nonetheless.

What a great start, I look forward to seeing your future entries (y)

Thanks Simon :)

I quite like the signal, but the bit in front of it railing? and the bit of concrete opposite spoil it a bit otherwise great.

Cheers Judi , cloning is something I WILL learn this year :)

Very nice, I would leave the signal where it is as I think it adds context. Plus I like as little PP as possible. Is that an actual live in use railway???

Hi Neil.....yup , it's a live in use line...Matlock, runs steam trains mainly & AFAIK only on weekends (y)

Not sure what's wrong with the symmetry, it looks fine to me. Lots of lines - no guessing at the link, nice b&w and the bend at the top sets it off nicely.

Editing was mentioned above and I'd leave the signal in but possibly remove the white pipe thing at the halfway point and the white sign thing at the bend but it's nitpicking really.

Last edited:
Not sure what's wrong with the symmetry, it looks fine to me. Lots of lines - no guessing at the link, nice b&w and the bend at the top sets it off nicely.

Editing was mentioned above and I'd leave the signal in but possibly remove the white pipe thing at the halfway point and the white sign thing at the bend but it's nitpicking really.

Cheers IV...the symetry thing is me being mega picky & bit hard on myself I think :oops: :$`

Back