weekly BobBCN 52/2015 Week 25 Silhouette

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

Been out of it for a while But determined to try once again!!!

So, I am going to post a photo in this thread, and then post it in the general 52 thread with a link back to this thread, which I believe is the way it is supposed to work!!

This could be an entry for WEEK 3: SCENIC, for example.......

Rupit Feb2015 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice work really like the shot for companions nice focus on the hands.
And i know its vertical but that is so scenic I love that place

Nice catch up Bob :)
Although I think the flower is the best of the set, the moon image, with a little contrast tweaking, is definitely a great image waiting to get out (y)

So I am up to date! And so intend to keep to the themes for as long as posible. The photos haven't exactly come out in the right order and I have cheated in terms of when the shots were taken .... but from now on I am in!!

Last edited:
Excellent catch-up Bob.
I really like the "fragile" shot. There's a bridge in Paris (I think) where they've had to stop couples leaving locks becuase it's damaging the structure!

Congratulations on the catch up, its a good set. Fragile, Elegant & Bold are the stand out shots for me, although I'd like to see Bold without the moon as I think it detracts from the rest of the image

I do like that. All the moon looks good, (could look better if the contrast was altered to math the main image) without the moon the focus is clearly on St Paul's which I like a lot (y)

Good shots (y)
I especially like Vertical because of the trees and building connection and Companions just because it fits the theme so well but then I am a sucker for a mono image. I look forward to seeing more of your photos :)

Good shots (y)
I especially like Vertical because of the trees and building connection and Companions just because it fits the theme so well but then I am a sucker for a mono image. I look forward to seeing more of your photos :)

Cheers Lee. Heading off to your thread...

Hi Bob,

Nice catch up :)

I love the elegant shot - nice and clean and the focus is spot on.

Of the others, I'm liking watery and relax - both great fits for the theme aand nice ideas.

I'm really puzzled by Bliss though - I can't for the life of me work out what it is :thinking: - please put me out of my misery!

:)

Hi Bob,

Nice catch up :)

I love the elegant shot - nice and clean and the focus is spot on.

Of the others, I'm liking watery and relax - both great fits for the theme aand nice ideas.

I'm really puzzled by Bliss though - I can't for the life of me work out what it is :thinking: - please put me out of my misery!

:)

Thanks for the comments Lorraine.

Bliss - just curved roof tiles with snow on them, I thik they are made of clay, very typical down here....

WEEK 11: CROWD

Far from being annoyed at having sit on the crowded 'rondas' around Barcelona, I was actually happy enough trying to get my shot in for this week's theme.

Crowd by BobBCN, on Flickr

Interesting take on the theme with some nice colour and light in the image. I'd be tempted to crop out the dashboard though and my OCD would be wanting to straighten the rear end of the car in front.

Crowd, yep works well, Bob, I hate being in a crowd like that in that weather.

Hi Bob :wave: good to see you back in the madhouse (y)

Great catch up set of shots.....Vertical catch's my eye, like how you spotted the tree's vertically in line with the tower building in the distance (y)

Bold...neat bit of PP there mister :)

Look forward to seeing you at week 52 this year (y)

Hi Bob :wave: good to see you back in the madhouse (y)

Great catch up set of shots.....Vertical catch's my eye, like how you spotted the tree's vertically in line with the tower building in the distance (y)

Bold...neat bit of PP there mister :)

Look forward to seeing you at week 52 this year (y)

Yes back indeed! And good to be so! Thanks Lynne.

Having rushed to catch up, I may throw in a few reshoots, in between themes so to speak.

Here's a reshoot for RELAX.

Another hobby! (Another madness I hear?) But I decided to do something about my lifelong regret of never having learned to play a musical instrument.
It's kind of relaxing, for me at least. NOT for others I can assure you. Well, not yet anyway. (He said, hopefully)
I did a few selfies and this is my favourite.
I checked the EXIF stuff but I can't seem to find the bit that refers to the tune I was playing!
The processing was deliberate but I can see the halo effect on my arm.

Fiddler (4) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Hi Bob,

I like your relax reshoot - the B&W works really well, but I do find the halo a little distracting - sorry!

Good on you for learning an instrument too - :clap: hope it goes well

Back