weekly BobC 45 photo52 2012 - Week 4 SWEET Added

Direction like the last one you posted, i too can see a couple arguing over the sign thats no longer there.

Fear like the latest edit, you can see all his face now

Great start to the 52 there Bob!
The first photo really stood out to me, well done

Direction : It works, the mono treatment suits nicely... good details

Fear : That works really well... a clear sense of fear there

Hi Bob,

Direction - I definitely like number 2, and I think the way that Dawn has tweaked it is pretty good too. Number 1 for me, brings my eye to the post in the middle of the shot.
Fear - Again I'm reminded of the wife's expression when there's a horror / thriller on the tv. Love it.

Nice start Bob, I really like the edited Direction with the contrast boosted and a nice take on the theme of Fear. I too can't see much of the mouth but I can really see the fear in his eyes which to me works better. Keep it up :)

A Sigh, of despair, added. I hope the downward eye conveys that emotion...bit late this week as had a dose of man flu:)

Sigh by BobC44, on Flickr

That works extremely well for me. Lovely image regardless of theme, and I think it is bang on too.

Focus is on the eyebrow whereas it might have been better on the eye(lash), but that's a very minor niggle.

Sigh is good and fits the theme nicely...

Hi Bob....hope you're recover from the dreaded manflu :)

Fear....like the series of images...conveys the theme well (y) Have viewed them all bigger on flickr & struggle with the focus on most except A or B ? The B&W image you posted large works better...can just make out the mouth but again the slight oofness detracts ( for me anyway) can imagine that if all was nice n sharp it'd be a belting & dramatic image . That said I do like the catch light in the eye :clap:

Sigh....this has been possibly the hardest theme I've come across....a difficult emotion to portray in an image ( least I think so )....like your take on it & B&W works well (y) Slight oofness again , more focus to the eye/eyelash & it'd be spot on :)

I apologise if I sound a tad negative....just saying as I see it...onwards & upwards & look forward to seeing your next 48 weeks (y)

Thanks very much for the comments Lynne, must admit I am finding it hard to hit critical focus with the Fuji, can't wait to get the Leica back in that respect.

Hope I can b forgiven with a late one this week, have been away with work so a bit dificult for me...However here goes.......

DSCF1032.jpg by BobC44, on Flickr

Hi Bob,

First visit here it's really hard getting around the 50 or-so 52s theres not enough hours in the day. Both Fear and Sigh are very nice indeed and in reading yours (and others) comments I bet you can't wait to crack on with the Leica. Good luck with the rest of your 52.

Nick

Back