weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

I hate having jobs like this done, but the new kitchen will be great. No surprise you haven't had much time to take pictures - it fits the bill.

Lol.. its coming along and then you can get out and about again!

Week 16 - Out and About

I fear I may have misunderstood this week's theme - it is "Out at a Roundabout"?

Out at the Roundabout.JPG

Always a sense of humour Paul. It's what I like about your photography. Nice compositional placement of the manhole cover IMO.

:)

Ha ha! Out and About at a Roundabout. Great idea :) Nicely captured.

It's a reminder that when we think there is nothing worth photographing, there is always something. We just need to think harder. Well done.

I do enjoy a bit of humour in photography, good work Paul.

Playing comment catch up!!

Easter
Daffy's are far as the eye can see!
I might have been tempted to crop from the bottom so that there wasn't any visible gaps. Is the kitchen install your job or does something else have that pleasure.

Spring
They are certainly impressive springs with the mono conversion lifting the image.

Snapper's Choice
It's also great to have progress shots when there is a project underway. Although you said it's not that big, having a island means it's by no means small.

Out and about
As far as I'm concerned it's a photographers prerogative to interpret the subject anyway they want. Which is a "roundabout" way of saying anything goes!!

Playing comment catch up!!

Easter
Daffy's are far as the eye can see!
I might have been tempted to crop from the bottom so that there wasn't any visible gaps. Is the kitchen install your job or does something else have that pleasure.

Spring
They are certainly impressive springs with the mono conversion lifting the image.

Snapper's Choice
It's also great to have progress shots when there is a project underway. Although you said it's not that big, having a island means it's by no means small.

Out and about
As far as I'm concerned it's a photographers prerogative to interpret the subject anyway they want. Which is a "roundabout" way of saying anything goes!!

Thanks Stuart!

Someone else is doing the kitchen install, which drags sloooowly on!

Week 17 - Shapes. Also Technique - Negative Space

Well, I have got rather behind here, for valid but boring reasons, so time to put in a bit of a catch-up.

First up is Shapes and the Technique of Negative Space.

Shape + Negative Space Tech.JPG

Week 18 - Numbers

With apologies for anyone who isn't a maths nerd (is it even possible there are any such people?).

These are numbers, Jim, but not as we know them!

Numbers.JPG

Love the Shapes image. Really really nice. Perhaps a bit more space on the left would help a bit but it is a lovely image. Very restful.

Nice catchup Paul.

I kinda agree with Joan on the shapes shot. But only from a sense of conforming to compositional rules. If the intent was to have it close to the edge, that puts another slant on it, and IMO works really well. Perhaps a tad more definition to the reflection which is (I think) and important part of the image and needs a bit more prominence.

Not a maths guy.

I like Toys. Scalextric was the one thing I always wanted but never had. Fixed that by buying it for my nephew way before he was old enough to play with it :) It's a nice composition and has a very personal feel to it with the use of the older model, less traditional cars.

Nice catchup Paul.

I kinda agree with Joan on the shapes shot. But only from a sense of conforming to compositional rules. If the intent was to have it close to the edge, that puts another slant on it, and IMO works really well. Perhaps a tad more definition to the reflection which is (I think) and important part of the image and needs a bit more prominence.

Not a maths guy.

I like Toys. Scalextric was the one thing I always wanted but never had. Fixed that by buying it for my nephew way before he was old enough to play with it :) It's a nice composition and has a very personal feel to it with the use of the older model, less traditional cars.

Thanks Ian!

It was my plan to have the jug very close to the edge. You're quite right about the reflection.

The cars are actually Minic, a rival to Scalextric that withered and died. A remnant of my childhood - much like me, I suppose.

Well done for catching up, I agree with the other comments about the jug I think it needs to be slightly more into the frame but not a great deal more.
maths no idea, I’m sure it works for some people.
toys is really well composed with the tracks coming in from both sides and unusual cars not what you would expect

Shapes
The jug does look very close to the edge, but nobody says everything has to conform

Numbers
I could never get my head round complex numbers, everything is easier in a binary world, it's either on or off!!

Toys
I've never heard of Minic, I had TCR (Total Control Racing (I think?) when I was young, I'm sure I recall you could switch track at any point with TCR as they were not running in a groove. The track layout provides some nice shapes, maybe a completely plain background would have accentuated it.

Well done for catching up, I agree with the other comments about the jug I think it needs to be slightly more into the frame but not a great deal more.
maths no idea, I’m sure it works for some people.
toys is really well composed with the tracks coming in from both sides and unusual cars not what you would expect
Shapes
The jug does look very close to the edge, but nobody says everything has to conform

Numbers
I could never get my head round complex numbers, everything is easier in a binary world, it's either on or off!!

Toys
I've never heard of Minic, I had TCR (Total Control Racing (I think?) when I was young, I'm sure I recall you could switch track at any point with TCR as they were not running in a groove. The track layout provides some nice shapes, maybe a completely plain background would have accentuated it.

Thanks both!

Catch up
I'm going to be a bit boring and agree with what's been said already.

Numbers
I have no idea what sort of numbers they are, but they're quite interesting. I'll have to look them up. I think the composition could do with a little something extra, maybe a pen or pencil on the paper.

Toy
I like that. It looks like there's an insurance claim coming for one of them.

Catch up
I'm going to be a bit boring and agree with what's been said already.

Numbers
I have no idea what sort of numbers they are, but they're quite interesting. I'll have to look them up. I think the composition could do with a little something extra, maybe a pen or pencil on the paper.

Toy
I like that. It looks like there's an insurance claim coming for one of them.
Thanks Dominic! You could Google "imaginary numbers".

Jug - love the space and minimalism.... agree just a tad more in frame might be nice.

Numbers -first thought was that i must equal -1, but it's the root of -1 isn't it? I'm not sure I even want to think about this so many years on from when I did maths.

Toys - love the composition and the viewpoint you've chosen. Makes me think of my friend who had a green e-type. Sadly he is no longer with us and I've no idea what happened to his car.

Jug - love the space and minimalism.... agree just a tad more in frame might be nice.

Numbers -first thought was that i must equal -1, but it's the root of -1 isn't it? I'm not sure I even want to think about this so many years on from when I did maths.

Toys - love the composition and the viewpoint you've chosen. Makes me think of my friend who had a green e-type. Sadly he is no longer with us and I've no idea what happened to his car.
Thanks @Bebop! And yes, i = root of -1!

Oh that is so true-to-life. 'Thinking of you', briefly, while writing this obligatory card that my significant other bought on my behalf 'cos I forgot/ wasn't interested/ didn't like the person anyway.

Oh that is so true-to-life. 'Thinking of you', briefly, while writing this obligatory card that my significant other bought on my behalf 'cos I forgot/ wasn't interested/ didn't like the person anyway.
I like the juxtaposition of it
I think I'd have liked to see more of the artificial flower heads for the theme. It would work nicely for negative space too!

Thanks all!

Week 21 - Pattern(s)

Pattern.JPG

The grouting isn't actually as bad as it looks!

Back