weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

Snapper's Choice - really lovely shot

Back - made me think of water off a duck's back. I feel I should understand DA, but I don't.
Thanks @Bebop ! DA was a male haircut from the 50's and into the 60's shaped like the tail end of a duck, it stood for "Duck's A**e". I imagine it was mostly Brylcreem - yuck!

The cow image is lovely, I could see that printed large and hanging on a wall.

The DA - yep, fits the theme nicely.

Week 47 - Culture

Having tried, but failed to culture something bacterial, here is Youth Culture

Youth Culture.JPG

I suspect the author of Monkey got it a bit wrong - for it to work you'd have to be hanging upside down inside the railway embankment with X-ray vision.

Careful, you know what Cobra is like, next week you may be able to use the same picture again but with the words reversed ;)

I suspect the author of Monkey got it a bit wrong - for it to work you'd have to be hanging upside down inside the railway embankment with X-ray vision.
This made me lol. And also made me do a double take. Nice catch and (IMO) very much on-theme.

Both nice shots. I like the reflections in the Culture shot - they definitely add to the photograph.

Two interesting images. I particularly like the living (dead) shot. Great idea.

Week 48 - Still Life & Technical: Composite

Having tried, and failed, to come up with anything interesting for this, and the next week's theme, but equally determined not to fall so close to the finish line - PABD.

This is also an HDR Composite of three images (processing in Lightroom, not in camera), so I'll claim that too (just in case my plan for Miniscule doesn't work out).

Still Life - When Larry Met Sally

When Larry Met Sally.JPG

They don't look happy, but that's just sheep for you, really they are ecstatically in love.

Week 50 - Miniscule

Well, that didn't work out as well as I had hoped! 37 image stack was too much for my computer. This is a 12 image focus stack. Although I am far from happy with it, it will have to do.

Miniscule.JPG

Peppercorns, just in case anyone is struggling to recognise them.

Both good shots - I didn't know what they were until I looked at your description, and must admit I've never looked at peppercorns closely before! Quite a lot of detail here.

Still Life is well worth a smile. My kinda still.

I thought they were Ferrero Rocher chocs, and wondered why you would want to stack 37 photos of them. Then I realised they weren't!

Almost made it Paul!

Both good shots - I didn't know what they were until I looked at your description, and must admit I've never looked at peppercorns closely before! Quite a lot of detail here.

Still Life is well worth a smile. My kinda still.

I thought they were Ferrero Rocher chocs, and wondered why you would want to stack 37 photos of them. Then I realised they weren't!

Almost made it Paul!

Good shot for the theme, 37 shots was a little ambitious though

Thanks Simon, Ian and Allan!

Took me a while to realise what they are but I think works ok.

I love when Larry met Sally + what a happy couple :)

I would not have known they were peppercorns, but they certainly look tiny and I like the warm colours. They work well on this background.

Week 51 - Season(al)

Once again, the week is drawing to a close before I have managed to execute any of my thematic ideas. I fall back on a cliché.

Seasonal.JPG

A lovely cliche. A well composed and lit shot and a very pretty bauble.

Cliché or not, it's done and the little red lights add to the festive feel. Almost there!

Thanks Ian! Yes, nearly there. Wobbling a bit on next year now!
It was enjoyable for me, but became a chore too many weeks for my liking. Maybe 2023 :)

Nice tree decoration, nicely shot with the background and reflecting lights (y)

Back