Briony's 52 2010 Week 34 SURFACES added 24/08

Thank you all for the nice comments and keeping me going.
I know I am late with single but to be quite honest have not had the shot which fits the bill until today.

As usual went out to take some wildlife and only too 1 SINGLE shot which I am pleased how it came out.

Yes yes it is wildlife again but that is where my love lies and I just love being outside.

Here it is anyway - enjoy:-

Aprilmix118.jpg

C & C welcome as usual

Schweeeeet :D

Beautifully sharp, just enough space around him to give you that feeling of singularity. It's a winner ;)

Nicki,

That's a beautiful shot. I have not been able to take a shot like that. How far away was it and what lens were you using? Do you put food out for them? If so, what? I have been thinking of doing that to try to get more practise.

Well done :clap::clap::clap:

Jenny

Hi jenny,

These kites are not very far away at all from me, I am using a Sigma 120 - 400 and I have been feeding them as they nest in the trees just outside my back door literally!!!! I only have to whistle then they come in to me:LOL:

If you ever near the area give me a shout and come and get some practice in, they are nearly always up for some photos and they tend to show off a bit here.

Right trying to stick to my wildlife theme, I actually took this last Sunday at Marwell and so I thought it kinda fitted in within the week.

161-2.jpg

C & C welcome if I am not boring you all :LOL:

Last edited:
Great expression on the whatever it is, shame about the background. Have to say last week's is a cracker. Don't apologise for taking pictures of wildlife and animals if that's your passion (y)

Nicki, some fabulous shots there - As Darren said NEVER apologise for your passion ;)

The eagle shot is GREAT! The space adds so much to it.

As for the stare shot - for me, the ears are a huge focal point, rather than the eyes :confused:
But still a nice shot ;)

You've really got your focussing sorted now Nicki.

Pin sharp on the whole head (y)

Certainly staring.

Andy

Hi jenny,

If you ever near the area give me a shout and come and get some practice in, they are nearly always up for some photos and they tend to show off a bit here.

Hi Nicki,

I would love to take you up on that.I will pm you.

Jenny

You are coming on well now. Really liking your thread. Apart from those grey squirrels of course!

Thank you folks, just loving the wildlife photography now just need to save the money for the 7D I think or should it be the 5 D Mark 11 :thinking:

I know :love: I didn't need to be told that :LOL::LOL: tried oune out for a short time on Friday and loved the sound it makes !!!! Sad arn't I??

just trying to save up now (y)

My lenses will fit on it won't they?

Yep, all EF and EF-S lenses fit. It's the full frame ones that only take EF.

What did you think of the AF on it?

Yep, all EF and EF-S lenses fit. It's the full frame ones that only take EF.

What did you think of the AF on it?

Awesome, could not stop smiling (y)

:love::love::love::love: I am in love with the whole thing if it was a man it would be perfect - well nearly :LOL:

Surely that would depend on how big a lens you put on it??? hahahaha :LOL::LOL:

If I say any more I will get into trouble on this forum :naughty: and yes, size matters and the performance :naughty: lens of course what else do you think I am on about - tut!

Just as well I don't have a credit card I owuld be VERY VERY dangerous.

Haven't commented on your thread before Nicki.

You have some great shots on here. I love your comment about having the kites nested outside you back door and you just having to whistle to get them to come in.

I love the expression on Stare.

The last two shots are lovely - well done! Wildlife is HARD and you doing so much better now. :clap:

You're doing really well with this now Nicki - huge, huge improvement in your shots these last few weeks.

I missed the kite first time round, but it's a stunner!
Care to share your secret?

Stare is very good too. I just love those ears :LOL:
It's a shame that you couldn't have got a cleaner background, but you've caught him in a great pose.

I missed the Kite... lovely image. Stare is also very good. You've come a long way in a very short period of time... :clap:

Have to agree with other posters here. You have improved a fair bit over the last 16 weeks. How do you feel about that?

The last 2 shots are very very good. I hear what was said about the background on Stare, but it's just OOF enough to not make it too distracting.

Good stuff Nicki, keep it up.

Ian.

Have to agree with other posters here. You have improved a fair bit over the last 16 weeks. How do you feel about that?

I agree. I've just looked back through from the start and you've really come a long way. The game keeper, the squirrel and that last kite shot are all corkers! :clap:

The last 2 shots are very very good. I hear what was said about the background on Stare, but it's just OOF enough to not make it too distracting.

Good stuff Nicki, keep it up.

Ian.

I feel happy that you all feel that I have improved and trying to stick with the wildlife theme is proving interesting for me as that is where my interest lies.

Thank you all again for your nice and encouraging comments and hope I can continue to take shots that you enjoy.;)

When I am feeling not so positive about my pictures I can look back on this thread with the hope that it will lift me up again and carry on.(y)

Well trying to carry on my theme of wildlife in my 52 challenge, I took these at Whipsnade on Wednesday. Putting 3 on for this week although they might change.

1. All he could find was a litttle "piece" to eat. Very slight crop on this one.

035-4.jpg

2. All he wanted was a bit of "peace and quiet" !

049.jpg

Just loved the expression on his face!

This one looks like he is tryng to put his paws over ears as if to say "please give me some peace" LOL

045.jpg

Absolutely no PP whatsoever how they came out of the camera.

Hoping to get elements 7 installed this week so I can have a play around for the next week.

Enjoy, and C & C most welcome.

Last edited:
The bear shot does it for me there Nicki (the one holding his ears).

If these are straight out of the camera, you're nailing your composition these days.

Very good!

Ian.

Uhm :thinking: looking back on these and they are pretty cr*p along with the day I have had so far, been butted in the stomach, booted in the thigh, massive bruises, and all by trying to trim the reindeer feet - hope santa appreciates it :LOL: just really down now and want to go out and take some nice piccys but it is raining also, so all in all a ***** day:crying:

The bear shot does it for me there Nicki (the one holding his ears).

If these are straight out of the camera, you're nailing your composition these days.

Very good!

Ian.

Thank you Ian, I did not think they looked that good and was trying to find another piccy to put up for this week, but lost my mo jo a bit today :crying:

Very impressive for straight from camera Nicki - and great composition in all of them :clap:
However, I think some more contrast added in PP would really give them the boost they need.

Of the three, it's the second bear shot that does it for me. Absolutely LOVE that pose :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

trying to trim the reindeer feet - hope santa appreciates it :LOL:

:eek: :eek: :eek: You have reindeer?
I didn't think that there were many reindeer farmers in the UK.

All are nice and sharp.

Number 1 and 2 are the best of the set for me. I find the rock in the background of 3 a bit distracting.

For the theme it has to be number 2. Spot on (y)

Andy

Back