Bruja's Photo 52 + Night

I've been well and truly beaten to the punch this week Jill. Hang in there, and well done for posting something. A good shot it is too (y), although I also had to use google...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon and will catch up with you all this week.

I'm glad the picture gave you food for thought (Jeangenie, I've no idea what the dose is but 2 would certainly overcome (!) the effects of the wine :naughty:). Just shows what you can find if you look around you.

I'm glad too that my words seem to mean so much to you and will try to keep them coming. I didn't set out to do this to give people an insight into my life or to educate you about MS, it just seems to have happened and I'm happy that you think the two together are working.

with love

Jill :love:

Woooo, who would have thought Complex would be easier than Simple :D

There are so many things to choose from. A person can have a complex: about how they look, the size of their nose, the state of their skin, the type of hair they have, the size or shape of their body, their teeth. Their upbringing or education, their job or lack of one, or, more seriously, of persecution or paranoia. The list just goes on and on ..........

Societies are complex, as is engineering, politics, economics (for me anyway :LOL:), language, behaviour, driving a car, medicine, pharmaceuticals, surgery, the body, the mind ........

Then we have a shopping complex or a sports complex or an apartment complex or a cinema complex. We have complex machines - just think how much car engines have changed over the years, fridges, dishwashers, televisions, DVD recorders, phones, the internet, aeroplanes, and, of course, cameras :love: among many others.

But, when I saw the title, my picture represents the first thing that came to mind. This to me represents the epitome of complexity. It can process a number of things at the same time, has a great memory capacity, it can interact with others, it is constantly developing and using new applications and it's something that my home at least couldn't do without. Hope I've done it justice :shrug:

COMPLEX​

3580714281_650e06bba1.jpg

What a lovely smile...:clap:

and I have to say I thought of a female for my theme, but the wife wouldn't have none of it...:D

Your looking great so you must be having a better time than of late...:love:

Guess it was only me who thought this was a tough week...:razz:

Brilliant portriat...:clap::clap::clap:

Very nice portrait, you have a really warm smile and I'm with Marcus, nothing more complex than a woman. :)

I'm glad it was you that posted a photo of "women" as complex...I don't think any of us fella's would have got away with it ;) ;) Lovely photo of BTW (y)

:clap: very clever and well shot Jill (y)

Very nice portrait, you have a really warm smile and I'm with Marcus, nothing more complex than a woman.

Thanks Hyster, always love compliments :love:

Nice idea and very well shot great stuff :clap:
Thanks Ruth (y)

What a lovely smile...:clap: Thanks Marcus :D

and I have to say I thought of a female for my theme, but the wife wouldn't have none of it...:D I'm surprised none of you men did one for Simple :LOL:

Your looking great so you must be having a better time than of late...:love: Definitely. This is more how I usually feel :D

Guess it was only me who thought this was a tough week...

Brilliant portriat...:clap:

I'm glad it was you that posted a photo of "women" as complex...I don't think any of us fella's would have got away with it ;) ;) Lovely photo of BTW (y)
Thanks Corky, glad you like it (y)

:clap: very clever and well shot Jill (y)

Cheers John, SPs are a nightmare to shoot :( Light is the enemy, light is the enemy, light is the enemy ...... ad infinitum :LOL:

Ah Jill lovely to see those freckles :) And what a smile :)

Yep - women (and men) are complex! People are complex! But interesting :D

Great SP Jill - wonderful shot! And a ray of sunshine to match the weather over here :D

Always love looking through the different takes on the theme...
A great portrait - you should be proud....
One day I might be brave enough to try something like this....the healing tool and clone tools in photoshop would get some use LOL

A great portrait and very clever thought, well done another cracking shot from you.

Mark(y)

Jill - I can only agree with everybody else's comments. (y)(y)

What a radiant smile - you're exuding confidence and happiness - and a lovely sp. I've never tried an sp, and it's something I really shy away from, so extra credit from me for doing something (and doing it very well) that I wouldn't attempt in a million years. :notworthy: :)

Jean

Great SP Jill - wonderful shot! And a ray of sunshine to match the weather over here :D
Thanks John, and at least you all know what I look like now :D

Always love looking through the different takes on the theme...
A great portrait - you should be proud....
One day I might be brave enough to try something like this....the healing tool and clone tools in photoshop would get some use LOL
Thanks, and what makes you think I didn't use them :naughty:

A great portrait and very clever thought, well done another cracking shot from you.

Mark(y)

Cheers Mark, glad you like it.

Jill - I can only agree with everybody else's comments. (y)(y)

What a radiant smile - you're exuding confidence and happiness - and a lovely sp. I've never tried an sp, and it's something I really shy away from, so extra credit from me for doing something (and doing it very well) that I wouldn't attempt in a million years. :notworthy: :)

Jean

Thanks Jean. Why wouldn't you do an SP? After all, nobody has to see it if you don't want them too :shrug: As long as you have a tripod and a remote shutter release you can try out all kinds of combinations. I only use natural light and, so far, no reflectors, so you don't need much kit, just confidence.

I can only agree too, really expressive picture (y) :clap:
Thanks Shorty, I'm glad I didn't scare people off :D

What a theme! I've had more perspiration than inspiration this week! :bang:

I couldn't think of an interpretation (other than a clock, watch or timer) and it wasn't until I was coming back from the market this morning that I had a brainwave. But more of that later ......

Time has taken on a new meaning for me in recent years as time is so closely related to energy and I get fatigued so quickly. One of my favourite pastimes (before I discovered photography :love:) was shopping and I used to get so frustrated as the nearest decent shopping centre is more than an hour away. So by the time I got there and started walking around I was already tired and so I was grumpy and ran out of steam really quickly. This left me frustrated as I couldn't browse like I used to but would struggle on to the bitter end saying I'm here now and I'm bl00dy going to do it :razz: But it wasn't fun. So I bought an electric scooter. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee. Much better and I can hang all the bags on it. But for me that means time=money.

I'm also limited by how much time I can spend with my friends as talking and concentrating on what people are saying is tiring too :( And I resent that as well. I'd love to spend more time on TP, joining in on the other forums and commenting and contributing, but I often don't have the energy. So time is a precious resource for me. Not because I have a job, social life, family commitments, hobbies etc, because I have a lot of time but limited energy.

But that got me thinking :thinking: How much time does any of us have? We cram things into our lives, spend time juggling roles, rushing from place to place. At least, as I can't do that now I get to appreciate the simple things in life. A PM or email from a friend, the occasional (short) phonecall. Watching how the land around me changes with the seasons (it's pretty much all brown now!), reading, and, at this time of year, lying on my lilo in the pool with a mojito in hand :D.

Hah - that'll stop you feeling sorry for me :naughty:

And, as a quick aside, have you noticed how we measure distance in time. How far away is it? Oh, about 20 minutes or so.

So, back to my thought processes this morning. None of us really know how much time we have, and perhaps that is why we are always trying to cram so much stuff in. It was quite a sobering thought, so, ladies and gentlemen, I give you my interpretation of time.

TIME​

3602796171_f9675deee5_o.jpg

Wow that's brilliant and that's something I didn't give a second thougth too...:clap::clap::clap:

This is so well done...I love it...:love:

Excellent framing...:clap:

Great build up as usual...:clap::clap::clap:

your on top form young lady...(y)

as always, fabulous. Enough said!

Jill, go to the top of the class (damn, you're already there .... :D). Great interpretation, good image well processed. (y)

As always, Jill, you make me think - this week about the relationships we all have with time. The photo is very poignant - just 18 years old. Oh and you sent me scurrying to my Spanish dictionary to look up 'olvidan'!! :)

Excellent shot and excellent interpretation - definitely keeping up your high standard. :clap::clap:

Jean

Ah Jill your posts in here are always so special - even if you didn't come up with your usual top notch images the worsd and thoughts you write are worth the price of admission alone :)

Nuff said - great words, thoughtful, fitting and well presented image as well!

Y yo puedo comprender las palabras

:D

Me gusta mucho :)

Yet another fascinating insight.. and what a clever interpretation of the theme.:clap:

I'm trying not to be lazy with my catch up C&C but Dark Star has already said what I was thinking about Complex...

Yet another fascinating insight.. and what a clever interpretation of the theme.:clap:

... and MM has for Time too.

You've had a great couple of weeks - I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Inspiration (y)

Wow that's brilliant and that's something I didn't give a second thougth too...:clap::clap::clap:

This is so well done...I love it..

Excellent framing...

Great build up as usual...

your on top form young lady.....

Thanks Marcus,always apprecite positive feedback :D

Great idea and lovely presentation :D

Thanks Ruth

as always, fabulous. Enough said!

Thanks David, glad you like it (y)

And again, a great shot for me too :D

Thanks muchly

Jill, go to the top of the class (damn, you're already there .... :D). Great interpretation, good image well processed.

Thanks John. I don´t know about top of the class though, there are some cracking shots in this challenge.

As always, Jill, you make me think - this week about the relationships we all have with time. The photo is very poignant - just 18 years old. Oh and you sent me scurrying to my Spanish dictionary to look up 'olvidan'!! :)

Excellent shot and excellent interpretation - definitely keeping up your high standard. :clap::clap:

Thanks Jean, I wish taking the picture was as easy as writing the words sometimes though :)

Jean

Ah Jill your posts in here are always so special - even if you didn't come up with your usual top notch images the words and thoughts you write are worth the price of admission alone :)

Nuff said - great words, thoughtful, fitting and well presented image as well!

Y yo puedo comprender las palabras

Me gusta mucho :)

Thanks so much. I really struggled with the theme so I´m glad you like it. What´s this about the price of admission, I don´t get a percentage :LOL:

Glad you like both :D

I'm trying not to be lazy with my catch up C&C but Dark Star has already said what I was thinking about Complex...

... and MM has for Time too.

You've had a great couple of weeks - I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Inspiration (y)

You're very kind, but don´t hold your breath for Inspiration, I'm struggling big time.

Good stuff Jill, fits the theme very well and very thought provoking.

Well, what a theme, this week of all weeks :(

You see, two of the lesser known symptoms of MS are depression and anxiety and each can rear their ugly heads from time to time, but usually together and this is what happened in April last year. And, as is usual with something like this, I was the last to know. It was my doctor that pointed it out when I went to see him because I was quite weepy. So, he prescribed an antidepressant and anxiolytic (Diazepam to be exact) and after a few weeks I felt back to normal - well normal for me anyway :D

But, for the last month the anxiety has been creeping back and I also felt quite flat. I began worrying about things that weren't important and I started to lose my perspective so, on Tuesday I went back to my GP and he has doubled the dose for a couple of months to see if it helps.

The result of this in the short term however is that I suffer the side effects again for a couple of weeks. Spaced out, tired, lethargic, can´t stop yawning, a hungry kind of nausea and jiggling my legs. And the most annoying, a tune going round and round in my head when I try to relax. It´s Abba´s 'take a chance on me', :shrug:

So this week I´ve been lying in the pool (it´s in the 40s here :eek:) and obsessing over Inspiration - which, as you might guess, got me nowhere

I really couldn´t think of anything or anyone who currently inspired me. :thinking:

But then I thought that the very fact I was obsessing over Inspiration was because of this challenge, and, believe me, there are worse things to obsess over :D

Then I remembered that I´d already done TP in Special so crossed that off the list. But you are all inspirational to me. Your eagerness to support with constructive criticims and especially the positive feedback you all give gets through no matter how I´m feeling and for this I´ll be eternally grateful that I decided to join in

So that left me stuck, again :thinking:

Then, eventually, I thought 'what inspired me to move to Spain, and, this house in particular' and the answer was staring me in the face. Well I was in the pool at the time :D

It´s the view that I see everytime I leave the house. After nearly 6 years I had taken it for granted but this week´s theme has reminded me of how often we take our surroundings for granted, how what we see everyday becomes the norm. And I realise how lucky I am to see this every single day.

So I give you my Inspiration for moving to Spain (when I´d never ever been to Spain before :eek:)

INSPIRATION

3624949098_017e7ac9a4_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow, contrast and colours on this are perfection, and I love the central view of the point in the garden area :clap:
Ace shot (y)

Well that is certainly a beautiful view and a great composition to compliment it - nicely done! :clap:

If I was being uber picky I would say I don't like the satellite dish on the house on the right - it's a minor thing but I thought it as I looked at the shot so I thought I'd mention it... feel free to ignore me ;)

Ah Jill what a view :)

Sigh!

Sorry you've had a bad week and kudos foe coming up with the goods yet again :)

Love the symmetry here in your terraces style and in the shot!

Very nice :clap: and I can see why it was inspirational :)

Thats an inspirational view, love he colours, wish i had that weather in my back garden.

Pool! Hmph.. [hyster stomps off in disgust]

;):D

Well done on a good take (y)

Jon

I can see why you moved there... What a great view, and such a good shot of it too (y)

Well you may have struggled this week but you pulled it off once again...:clap::clap::clap:

Sorry your having another bad run of health, but it's not stopping your photographic ability...:clap::clap::clap:

Very nicely done Jill...:love:

Back