Bruja's Photo 52 + Night

I, I, Cap'n. Another shot on the button and well captured. I too enjoy your
scribing as much as your photos

Jon

your words as always touch the heart and the picture works really well for me the plant in the b/g is perfect :)

Your words always make me thoughtful - in a good way, and this shot made me go like this :D

I reserve the right to say I TOLD YOU SO about the natural light, makes me go like this on a regular basis :annoyed:

...but hey - at least light won't be a problem for our next theme!

Great pic, as Jean rightly points out you were really fighting harsh light there, you did well.

Damn I thought i;d commented on this one Jill :(

Its great, simply great! The words and picture work so well together and there was a slight element of jaw dropping followed by broad smiling when I looked :)

Kudos to you for all that effort in getting all togged up to tog yourself (can I say that :D?)

And of course well done to your assistant ;)

Ace!!!

I, I, Cap'n. Another shot on the button and well captured. I too enjoy your
scribing as much as your photos

Jon

Thanks Jon, glad I'm not just talking to myself :LOL:, and that you like the picture.

your words as always touch the heart and the picture works really well for me the plant in the b/g is perfect :)

Thanks Ruth (y)

Your words always make me thoughtful - in a good way, I'm glad and this shot made me go like this :D Goody

I reserve the right to say I TOLD YOU SO about the natural light, makes me go like this on a regular basis :annoyed:

...but hey - at least light won't be a problem for our next theme! Too flipping true!!!

Great pic, as Jean rightly points out you were really fighting harsh light there, you did well.

Thanks (y)

Damn I thought i;d commented on this one Jill :(

Its great, simply great! The words and picture work so well together and there was a slight element of jaw dropping followed by broad smiling when I looked :)

Kudos to you for all that effort in getting all togged up to tog yourself (can I say that :D?)

And of course well done to your assistant ;)

Ace!!!

Thanks John, I certainly got a bit heated ;), and my moustache kept falling off

Yep, a good story to go with that image! And a good image to boot. Thanks a lot John

PS, I think we're supposed to hate self portraits lol Ooh good, that explains it :D

John

What a great idea, Jill!! Smashing entry again!

DARK​

3494203620_b57c54338c_o.jpg

At last, a picture that speaks for itself :D

No life story, no philosophical meanderings, no nuggets of so-called wisdom, just a picture.

Actually I'm too tired to say owt as brain not working well this week :(, but, I'll be back :naughty:

And another person that was clever, dam-n it

:clap: I really like the set up and B/G and velvet in this shot (y)

Now there's the background I should have used! Congrats a great shot! :clap:

Did you enjoy the chocolate as much as I did?:naughty:

Hmmm Hmmmm... Yummy dark choccy on a rich sumptious velvet backdrop :D... Good shot Jill, that's worked brilliantly, as you say it speaks volumes... Have a hug from me too :hug: and I hope you're back on form soon.

And another person that was clever, dam-n it

:clap: I really like the set up and B/G and velvet in this shot (y)

Thanks Shorty. I'm not sure about clever but it was the first thing that came into my head :D

love the colours in this, very nicely done :)

Thanks Ruth

Now there's the background I should have used! Congrats a great shot! :clap:

Did you enjoy the chocolate as much as I did?:naughty:

Thanks Mark. Haven't had the chocolate yet but it's in the fridge calling for me :eek: It's caramel and fig - yummy :D As for the background I wanted something dark and rich to match the choc so I propped it up at an angle against the backdrop and used my 70-200 to get in close without casting a shadow so that the gold really stood out.

That's sumptuous, Jill. (y) Thanks Jean, that's what I wanted to portray :D

I'm kicking myself for not thinking about chocolate - my favourite too.:bang: I suppose I thought about it because I'm doing WW after my recent overindulgences :( so this could also qualify as a reshoot of Longing :LOL:

It sounds as though you're not feeling too good at the moment - have a hug ... :hug: Thanks, I needed that

Jean

Hmmm Hmmmm... Yummy dark choccy on a rich sumptious velvet backdrop :D... Good shot Jill, that's worked brilliantly, as you say it speaks volumes...Thanks John, glad you think it's worked :) Have a hug from me too :hug: and I hope you're back on form soon. I'm sure I will be and thanks for the hug ;)

Last edited:
I think most people have covered the fact that this is a great shot. The composition, materials used, lighting and subject are all excellent and meet the theme. Super :clap: :clap:

oooh indulgent... and sensual... I like this one :D

You've chosen the background very well and it goes without saying that this fits the theme. Nicely done (y)

Very good, love the backdrop, that makes the shot.

Nice warm image that is well composed and fits the theme nicely, keep it up.

Well done on the pic.....but I'm missing the blog :crying:

That's sooooo nice...:clap::clap::clap:

Love the background, it makes the shot come alive for me...:love:

and your is a bit different being in Spanish...brillante...(y)

I think most people have covered the fact that this is a great shot. The composition, materials used, lighting and subject are all excellent and meet the theme. Super :clap: :clap:

Thanks Angela. I'm getting emarrassed by all this praise :nuts:

oooh indulgent... and sensual... I like this one :D

You've chosen the background very well and it goes without saying that this fits the theme. Nicely done (y)

Thanks DS, glad you like it :D

Very good, love the backdrop, that makes the shot.

Nice warm image that is well composed and fits the theme nicely, keep it up.

Thanks Hyster

Longing - That is some costume Jill, and also a photo that appears to be worth all the effort (y) Thanks Simon. I got so hot my moustache kept falling off :LOL:

Dark - Fantastic, I love the dark material and how you've placed it round the chocolate. Really great shot :D High praise indeed from you ;)

Well done on the pic.....but I'm missing the blog :crying:
Normal service will be resumed this week, glad you like my words

That's sooooo nice...:clap::clap::clap:

Love the background, it makes the shot come alive for me...:love:

and your is a bit different being in Spanish...brillante...(y)

Thanks Marcus, I'm blushing now

excellent work Bruja ... really loving this

Thanks mehraj, and welcome :)

When I said something simple I didn't mean Simple as a topic, I meant a theme that didn't take much thinking about or that presented many options :( But the more you think about Simple the more complicated it gets.

Many people, in my experience, naturally make things complicated whether at work, at home, or in their relationships.

As an acupuncturist I would suggest to people simple changes they could make to their diet or lifestyle in order to give them more control ever their health. For example, use less salt, lose a little weight and get more regular exercise if you have high blood pressure. BUT - a condition doesn't exist in a vacuum and neither does the person who has it. In an ideal world all of those things would be simple to do. However if it's not you who does the cooking and your OH won't cook without salt, or you can't increase the amount of exercise you do because of other problems like lack of time or opportunity, and you already have a stressful life your brain will just default to 'can't do it, it's too complicated' and we wonder why health promotion campaigns don't change much :shrug:

When I was a lecturer it was amazing how many people had never been taught even at A-Level how to answer a written question and would ramble all around a topic rather than simply answering the question. I used to tell them 'keep referring back to the question when you are planning what to say next and if it doesn't relate to the question - leave it out!' Simple :D

I have set out to take a simple photograph so many times in the past. I've got the picture already in my head and it's going to be straightforward :LOL::LOL: and it never is :bang: and this week's was no different.

But as well as being complicated more often than not simple also has negative connotations. We describe someone as simple if they are less clever than the norm (or sometimes less clever than we think we are). We could describe a photograph as just a simple snap, or when we are trying to explain something to someone who is just not getting we can say 'for heaven's sake, it's simple enough!!' Not that I've ever done that of course :nuts:

Even writing this today wasn't as simple as it usually is as my brain still feels like it's full of fog but Corky was getting withdrawal symptoms :wacky: with the absence of my blog last week. So here's my submission for this week, and, it wasn't Simple after all.

SIMPLE

3504062581_6bacf1a673_o.jpg

great picture Bruja :clap:
don't often see them in green though (I think?)

great picture Bruja :clap:
don't often see them in green though (I think?)

Thanks for looking and glad you like it (y)

The ones out here are white at the edges and greeny white inside which gradually gets lighter until they die. So this was quite a young one :D

Ooh that is a GREAT picture, and so simple too. Simple yet striking, really like the extra space in the shot too (y) from me :clap:

That's great shot from you again...(y)

It's lovely :love: and as I've found out...not so simple to get right:

Excellent......:clap::clap::clap:

Oooh - I can relate to all your Simple comments. I suppose most things are simple when 'you know how', but the learning process to get to that point can be very complicated and it's all to easy to erect protective barriers around ourselves. :D

On to the photo: I love the composition and the lovely soft lighting, which captures the waxy sheen on the petals. I also like how you've presented it - background, border etc. Everytime I look at your work I promise myself I'll 'centre' my next photo - it looks so much bettr than stuck at the left hand edge of the screen! The only thing I'm struggling with is that on my screen it looks the tiniest bit soft. I'm not sure whether this is me, the screen or as you intended it. But tbh, it doesn't detract from a very stylish shot showing the simple beauty of a flower. :clap::clap:

Well done on getting back to your essay writing - I'm with Shorty and missed your insights last week. I hope the fog is clearing. :hug: from me.

Jean

On form again this week Jill, superb writing and a cracking shot to go with it (y)

Lovely shot of some simple beauty :clap:

Although I do have to agree with Jean that it looks a little soft on my screen.

Back