Canon 5D MKIII official owners/users thread, anything related to the 5D MKIII

How long do you have to wait for it from HDEW,say dispatched in 3-5 days but from where UK or abroad?

I asked that question - They have the camera in stock and it is sent from a UK warehouse. It also comes with a UK charger as opposed to a US plug and adaptor I got when I bought my 7D from a UK supplier who had sourced from the US. Google HDEW reviews

That may be so ..... but I dont want a secondhand camera, and as I dont intend changing camera again because the 5Diii seems to do exactly what I want it to, I'm not bothered about the "new" price dropping either
That's where I'm coming from too.

Just seen on eBay brand new 5d mkiii buy now £800 ,I really want one but nervous it's so cheap,bank draft only?

Just seen on eBay brand new 5d mkiii buy now £800 ,I really want one but nervous it's so cheap,bank draft only?

Why would any one sell one so far under the going rate? ..... and with a bank draft payment its as good as irreversable
Unless they have a hugely good feedback and are long standing I wouldnt be tempted

s.gif

s.gif

Just been sent this by eBay,

We think eBay account trixsta-2008 has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

If you wish to chat to one of our customer service agents through the Live Chat function please follow the below link.
http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUsNextGen&Format=1&pid=863

***Safety Tips***

Well my 5Diii arrived in the post an hour or so ago
My first reaction was "what a noise" when I pressed the shutter, but I found the silent mode now

I'm sure I'm going to have hours of fun reading through the manual :) :)

Well my 5Diii arrived in the post an hour or so ago
My first reaction was "what a noise" when I pressed the shutter, but I found the silent mode now

I'm sure I'm going to have hours of fun reading through the manual :) :)

How are you getting on with it?im want one but nervous about purchasing from them.

How are you getting on with it?im want one but nervous about purchasing from them.

I see no reason to be nervous. (I know, thats easy for me to say) :)

The camera was all I expected to be, although it is little used at the moment.
They kept me informed at all times, I have a three year warantee card with it. I googled them before I bought and there are a lot of good reviews out there, I saw no bad reviews, although I am sure there are some

In short there is nothing untoward about the purchase. The only thing I noticed (and expected) was the box was not sealed and a UK power cord and warantee was in the box. So I expect that the box was opened to insert the charger lead and the guarantee card. There would have been no kit lens in there, as it specifically says on the box "no lens included".

From my point of view I would not have any worry about purchasing from them again.

Theres a big difference between buying UK stock VAT paid, and dealing with some of the others that actually send from HK or the US and leave you open to the possibilities of liability for VAT. You're right there.

Theres a big difference between buying UK stock VAT paid, and dealing with some of the others that actually send from HK or the US and leave you open to the possibilities of liability for VAT. You're right there.
Without wanting to stir things up im not 100% convinced these are 100% UK stock, not at that price, but im not judging.
Although WEX arent the cheapest around HDEW are almost £500 cheaper. Thats a huge difference if both are selling genuine stock.

But, we are covered as we are buying from a company in the UK, so yes, safer and still with a good saving.

Without wanting to stir things up im not 100% convinced these are 100% UK stock, not at that price, but im not judging.
Although WEX arent the cheapest around HDEW are almost £500 cheaper. Thats a huge difference if both are selling genuine stock.

But, we are covered as we are buying from a company in the UK, so yes, safer and still with a good saving.

Heh heh, I'm not going to get into this again as theres a big discussion elsewhere on here on that subject. To be precise ... they are imported stock. They were purchased in HK or the US and imported to the UK, hence the "grey" tag. They are in effect no different to a camera purchased from, say, Jessops. If they had told me delivery was going to be 1 - 2 weeks and that I would be liable for import VAT (like some other companies) I would be suspicios .... but you cant get a camera from HK to the UK and delivered in 3 days. I know. I spent all my life in the freight industry :).

Great stuff, but it's unlikely to have come direct from HK or the US, honest guv :)
Best I not comment further as this is the 5Diii thread and we could go on forever

Definitely came from HK, at least thats what the labels said. Ordered on the 26th, arrived on the 29th. My mate has had a few things from them arrive in this sort of time frame as well. Shipping tracking also confirmed the route, or at least seemed to :)

Will my cable release on my 7d mkii be the same as the 5dmkiii I've ordered?and do they use the same batteries?many thanks Roy.

Paid for on Monday,confirmation email received,Wednesday (just now)email received confirming 5d mkiii has been posted out to me,So far a excellent service from them and £700 saving.

Paid for on Monday,confirmation email received,Wednesday (just now)email received confirming 5d mkiii has been posted out to me,So far a excellent service from them and £700 saving.

Did you buy from HDEW? Im after a 6d for a few months and cant decide between them and panamoz.

What a fantastic service,I also bought a 32GB extreme pro SD card half price and I've received a 16 GB for free.
I now wouldn't buy anywhere else.

I am in the market for a mk3 but has anyone thought about - or looked into whether a grey import is eligible to count towards canon the CPN

Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the 5Diii? My 50D screen looks a little battered from general use and I would like to avoid this on my new 5D. Larmor and GGS seem popular, but glass or film?
Thanks
Not 100% sure but I think the 50D has a plastic screen,but I know the mk3 has a glass screen which is much harder to scratch I don't see much point in covering it with plastic stick on protector which then gets easily scratched by a woolly jumper.

I meant cps but probably the same thing, just wanted to make sure it would count for for a quicker service on repair.
I am thinking about waiting for The photography show, anyone get any good 5d3 deals there last year ?

I meant cps but probably the same thing, just wanted to make sure it would count for for a quicker service on repair.
I am thinking about waiting for The photography show, anyone get any good 5d3 deals there last year ?
Sorry CPS - I've used them for a repair - got lens back in three days - superb service

What ever deals there are there, I doubt very much that they will get anywhere near the HDEW price

Does anyone here use a 3RD party charger for their batteries for the 5D mk3?

if so what one :D

all 4x of my battries (canon) no longer charge properly without faffing about with the blinking times.

Back