Canon EOS R Series Cameras

- here's what Wex replied a couple of days ago when I asked for an update on my trade-in order placed mid-August for an R5:

"We have recently received a relatively large shipment , I think of around 40-50, and we are expecting further deliveries over the next 2-3 weeks, but we still have orders dating back to mid July, so although we are unable to give confirmed delivery dates still, it is likely that we are looking at another couple of months, at least for you order, unless Canon drastically improve supply."
I've had an R6 on pre order since 17th July and have been told 1st October! So much for 27th August launch!

Would be interested to hear how your 150-600mm performs on it. I still have the Sport version and I imagine AF speed will be much the same.

im looking forward to testing it. it now works fine with the RP. im not sure if i had accidentally turned something on or off to begin with - but it couldn't focus to infinity at the long end. all is well with it now though.

But yeah, looking forward to 12 fps.

Any reasonably priced options for BIF at around 600mm f4?
I'm guess you'd be looking at say a Canon 300 2.8 with 2x converter or 400 2.8 with 1.5 converter if you want the large aperture. I understand that the Sigma 150-600 isn't bad but will be slower

only one more sleep :D

R5 and RF 50mm 1.2 now in my possession!!
It’s been a busy day with work so I’ve been charging the battery and haven’t had a chance to look at the camera yet, feels great in the hand though.

I threw the 50mm 1.2 on my R which I use as a webcam with Microsoft Teams and it looked amazing

Will people PLEASE stop posting about buying their new R series camera, my pile of money is starting to get a bit nervous that it may find a new home soon.

I got my R5 from e-infinity 5 days after ordering. It may be 3 years late and maybe not quite the build quality I was hoping for, but it's totally worth it when you see the image quality and experince the handling. Coming from a 5d3 and 1DX it's almost as profound a change as it was going from film to digital!

Fly pile of money, fly home to Canon ;)

Just done some test 4K footage on the R5 with the RF 50mm f/1.2L - shot at 1.2 the picture is amazing.
I won't post it as the wife hates getting filmed / picture taken :ROFLMAO:

We're going to Blackpool tomorrow, unless we get locked down overnight, so I'm hoping to test the R5 taking pics of my kids on the rides.

Looking at Buying the R6 and hopefully save a few quid if i can been lookin around at the various prices and options - so would appreciate your thoughts on Einfinity are selling the r6 for £2259 with 12 months warranty with no adapter not sure how this pans out with getting an adapterby regstering as CPS Member ??

Panamoz doing it for £2400 with adaptor and 3 yr warranty
Wex £2499 and claim adaptor free from Canon as a CPS Member (not sure if i qualify) as my lenses are old now

can some of you guys who have ordered from any of these give me an idea of waiting times from the day of ordering are we talking endless months
what i dont want is to buy the body and not have the adaptor and cant get one for love or money

Looking at Buying the R6 and hopefully save a few quid if i can been lookin around at the various prices and options - so would appreciate your thoughts on Einfinity are selling the r6 for £2259 with 12 months warranty with no adapter not sure how this pans out with getting an adapterby regstering as CPS Member ??

Panamoz doing it for £2400 with adaptor and 3 yr warranty
Wex £2499 and claim adaptor free from Canon as a CPS Member (not sure if i qualify) as my lenses are old now

can some of you guys who have ordered from any of these give me an idea of waiting times from the day of ordering are we talking endless months
what i dont want is to buy the body and not have the adaptor and cant get one for love or money

Panamoz delivery is usally 2-3 working days when i order with them. I think e-efinity will be about a week.

Got mine from e-infinity , couldnt fine the adapter anywhere in stock, ended up buying one from e-infinity for £129 2 weeks later!

Just filled out the cps claim form, i expect it to fail though as its import. But you never know!

Last edited:

I preordered the R6 from Canon which arrived on 28th August. The same day the camera arrived I filed my claim for a free adaptor which I have been informed is arriving tomorrow via courier. Apparently they are as rare as hens teeth at the moment. It's taken almost three weeks but I would think they were inundated with both new releases at the same time.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm slightly miffed. I ordered mine from WEX in July and still waiting with no date in sight :(

We were in Blackpool Pleasure Beach this weekend and it was the first time I've been able to go out with the R5.
This thing is incredible, the AF is stunning, sticks like glue and never misses a shot. I was on the viewing platform for Icon, it shoots them off at around 60mph and then the carriages fly round the track in front of you at high speeds, I had the camera set to high speed and not one shot was out of focus.

I also tested the resolution by heavily cropping and you can really see the advantage of having 45MP.

Even though it meant I was carrying a heavy bag around on my back all day long, I took a selection of lenses as I wanted to test as much as I could.
Used it with the RF 15-35mm, RF 28-70mm, RF 70-200mm and my newest addition, the RF 50mm f/1.2 - nothing bad to say about any of them. I shot video and images of the boys doing the go kart around the track and again the camera never missed a shot, I started reviewing them this morning and none are out of focus, makes it harder to cull :ROFLMAO:

I don't have a CF Express card yet so I was restricted to filming in 4K 25p, couldn't do any of the high frame rate or higher resolution, but the footage I got was fantastic.

So in summary, I love the R5 :)

(and I am so glad I put my hand a little deeper into my pocket and bought the grip, really balances the body with the lenses and so much easier to use in portrait mode)

We were in Blackpool Pleasure Beach this weekend and it was the first time I've been able to go out with the R5.
This thing is incredible, the AF is stunning, sticks like glue and never misses a shot. I was on the viewing platform for Icon, it shoots them off at around 60mph and then the carriages fly round the track in front of you at high speeds, I had the camera set to high speed and not one shot was out of focus.

I also tested the resolution by heavily cropping and you can really see the advantage of having 45MP.

Even though it meant I was carrying a heavy bag around on my back all day long, I took a selection of lenses as I wanted to test as much as I could.
Used it with the RF 15-35mm, RF 28-70mm, RF 70-200mm and my newest addition, the RF 50mm f/1.2 - nothing bad to say about any of them. I shot video and images of the boys doing the go kart around the track and again the camera never missed a shot, I started reviewing them this morning and none are out of focus, makes it harder to cull :ROFLMAO:

I don't have a CF Express card yet so I was restricted to filming in 4K 25p, couldn't do any of the high frame rate or higher resolution, but the footage I got was fantastic.

So in summary, I love the R5 :)

(and I am so glad I put my hand a little deeper into my pocket and bought the grip, really balances the body with the lenses and so much easier to use in portrait mode)

I'm no longer a Canon owner but I just thought I'd add a thought on this... I think modern cameras (and lenses) are so good that sometimes it feels like cheating but another way to look at it is that all this technical excellence makes it possible for the person taking the picture to trust the camera to do the mundane things whilst they are free to make sure that the camera is pointed at the right thing, concentrate on the composition and capturing the moment.

Same ordered mine from WEX 27th July, 9 Weeks ago. Had an email from them today to say they had some in but only very small number and were waiting for canon to give a date for further units.

I'm kinda stuck as i traded in my old camera and a zoom lens :/

I got fed up and decided to sell some other bits and pieces and then felt bold and went for the R5 instead :oops: :$

Same ordered mine from WEX 27th July, 9 Weeks ago. Had an email from them today to say they had some in but only very small number and were waiting for canon to give a date for further units.

I preordered 17th July, took my R and 7D2 in on 14th August to trade in, plus some lenses, for release on 27th August, currently without anything, have been told 1st October but not holding my breath. May go for a complete change at this rate!

I preordered 17th July, took my R and 7D2 in on 14th August to trade in, plus some lenses, for release on 27th August, currently without anything, have been told 1st October but not holding my breath. May go for a complete change at this rate!
That's a long wait without a camera or have you got a compact?

I was going to post some of the pics from my first outing with the R5 on here but the compression is awful, so I've put them on my Flickr page.
Ignore the huge watermark, I didn't realise my Flickr plugin in Lightroom was setup for a watermark and I couldn't be bothered re-uploading them :ROFLMAO:

All the exif info is available if anyone is interested, overall I'm extremely happy :)

Ordering the RF 100-500mm and RF 85mm f/1.2 in the next couple of weeks and my collection will be complete.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQTWrhP

When doing the pics on the fast rides such as the Ice Blast, Revolution and Icon - the camera nailed focus on every shot, unbelievable.

Last edited:
I shot a christening at the Royal Chapel in windsor on saturday. A friend of mine came along to shoot some video. Heres some bts shots of him using his fuji for some footage the chapel.

Shot with the RP and sigma 135mm2020-09-20_09-15-45.jpg2020-09-20_09-16-00.jpg

Do they hold your px gear until the exchange is done or sell it on straight away?
I'm not sure what they do, might give them a call tomorrow to see what's going on or any update, I've used Wex many times and never had a problem with them, although on this occasion the lack of response to email etc has been wanting I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what they do, might give them a call tomorrow to see what's going on or any update, I've used Wex many times and never had a problem with them, although on this occasion the lack of response to email etc has been wanting I'm afraid.

I’ve found WEX to be a lot more hassle to use in recent times. I don’t think they’re quite as good since they’ve expanded their amount of stores.

Their Part Ex department can be a right PITA to get response via emails.

WEX are great but it could be ages - at least for an R6. Park is the same from what I can gather. The guy told me the R6 had a couple of hundred on the waiting list at the moment. They didn't send me anything. I called them. Anyway, seems like they're doing fine for orders at the moment.

Back