=Capture a stranger street style=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucharestcropped.jpg

Romania,shortly after the fall of communism. I'd love to know what the bit of Graffiti behind the seated guy says.

(Leica M6, 35mm f2.8)

Part of a study on post Caucescu Bucharest that I did, obviously a while back. IT was all about capturing the mood in the streets whilst everybody was still suspicious of everybody else

(y) simply fantastic!

Loving these pics - although I'll have to look properly when I've more time. Glad also they haven't suffered from the 'you cant take pictures of children' nonsense.

I'm currently thinking how the hell to get the green card + looking at the rent prices in santa monica and 90210. damn ! I want to live in LA :D

Here are some pics I took last night. I was testing my nice new shiny Lumix LX-5....I really love my new point and shoot, but really wished I had a DSLR with me this day....I have no idea who these celebs are, so maybe someone here can help with that. All are from ISO 800-1600

LX-5meetsHollywood1.jpg

LX-5meetsHollywood3.jpg

LX-5meetsHollywood4.jpg

LX-5meetsHollywood6.jpg

LX-5meetsHollywood9.jpg

More here....http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/

33574_445681172377_329309587377_5207017_7074176_n.jpg

Bucharestcropped.jpg

Romania,shortly after the fall of communism. I'd love to know what the bit of Graffiti behind the seated guy says.

(Leica M6, 35mm f2.8)

Part of a study on post Caucescu Bucharest that I did, obviously a while back. IT was all about capturing the mood in the streets whilst everybody was still suspicious of everybody else

Fantastic photo, I think it says "up yours mr president" and yes it was pretty tumultuous there back then, I remember coming across some footage and stills of them dealing with Caucescu and his wife, swift, perfunctory and brutal, I can imagine everyone was worried if someone would be coming for them.

Bucharestcropped.jpg

(Leica M6, 35mm f2.8)

Gosh this thread takes soooooo long to load!!! :shrug:

I just love street photography and this shot is true to what its all about. Encapsulating the environment with human emotion. One of the best photos I've seen on here. :clap::clap::clap:

hi thought i would add a couple of mine i haven't really done much in the way of street photography these were taken with a p&s around paris in august it's something i want to have a proper go at but still a bit camera shy

1,begger,she stayed motionless for as long as we saw her whilst people where walking all around her taken on the Avenue des Champs-Élysée

P1010337.JPG

2 wider version

P1010338.JPG

3 hand held shot taken walking towards the Eiffel tower around 11.00 pm

P1010376.JPG

4 a bird in hand or three

P1010412.JPG

5 musician

P1010455.JPG

I am trying some new things with the scanner. Some I like and some I don't. I set the scanner to vibrant and batch scanned 30 images. Let me know if they are too exaggerated. The Camera was an old school Pentax K1000, SMC-M50, UlTRA MAX 400
I forgot that this meter tends to underexpose about 1/2 stop or so.

Hanging out.
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK100048.jpg

Dodger fans
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK1000.jpg

Walking herself
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK10001.jpg

Under the wings
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK10002.jpg

Moving day
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK10004.jpg

Dexter
UltraMax400SMCM50F28PentaxK10005.jpg