Cargo 2016 52 weeks challenge_ Effort Added

Camouflaged is a really good image, like everything about it. Good conversion to B&W and the tones are gorgeous

I like the idea of camouflaged - wonder if it's worth strengthening the blacks a little to add more pop?

Camouflaged is a really good image, like everything about it. Good conversion to B&W and the tones are gorgeous
Cheers fella.
I like the idea of camouflaged - wonder if it's worth strengthening the blacks a little to add more pop?
Hi Phil. You maybe right.Not too clever on the balck and white pp. This photo was taken very quickly camera in one hand veg balanced on the other next to patio window and processed even quicker. It just came together easily for a change.

Gaz

Dangerous. First thing that came to mind when I read the thread. Then did nothing about it really. So just took this as I got home form work (hence plaster over pants) at the back door with available kitchen light.
I'm sure there is a much much better image to be made around this idea.

Gaz

Dangerrous_web.jpg

Camouflage, very clever, actually had to go back to see the hidden element. Well done.

Danger what a well improvised shot, its definitely fitting the brief imaginatively.

Brilliant idea Gary. I like that you got movement in as well as that banana skin perfectly in focus. :clap:

Brilliant dangerous shot.
It's a super idea and really well composed. The bright colour of the banana and the dirty working boots, complete with the sense of movement really makes a compelling image

But what a brilliant idea! Love it. :)
Thank you. Sheylara.
Camouflage, very clever, actually had to go back to see the hidden element. Well done.

Danger what a well improvised shot, its definitely fitting the brief imaginatively.
Cheers Steve
Danger - I looked at this image and it made me giggle slightly, deffinatly on theme and nicely composed. Good capture of motion blur on the foot, I think that helps make the image stand out.
:) Giggle!! Very naughty ;-)
Gaz
Brilliant idea Gary. I like that you got movement in as well as that banana skin perfectly in focus. :clap:
Thanks Carl
That's a fun idea for danger - the movement in the foot is great for suggesting the slip-up is imminent....
Great it worked out ok. Thanks for the feedback.
Brilliant dangerous shot.
It's a super idea and really well composed. The bright colour of the banana and the dirty working boots, complete with the sense of movement really makes a compelling image
Thanks Colm. Much appreciated.

Gaz

Dangerous.....Oh I like that Gary. Great lateral thinking.

Hi Gary :)

Sorry, somehow I have missed commenting on your thread :thinking:

So a quick catch up from me...

Captive - Oooooo love this, great attention to detail with the dirty hand, and just love the lighting, it works very well on the wire, quite a square crop but that also woks for me, great image (y)

Metal - A couple of great images, the square crop drain cover is simple but again very effective, i like :) - But I choose the first one with the padlock, I really like the strong light and shadows, and the extra wide crop suits it well :)

Miniature - Again what a great idea, really nicely PP'd there, good subject matter, and love the attention to detail again with the pose and the shadows and lack of clutter... another (y) from me

Happy - Ha Haaaaa now that is scary :D

Great lighting, a real nice fun image :)

Abandoned - Nicely staged again, great set up with the window frame coming in from the corner, the nice sharp bright toy, and the distant fading figure, great one again !!!

Camouflage - Wow... didn't spot the fingers at first, the B&W has really done the trick here :)

Dangerous - Liking the movement caught in the feet and the nice sharp banana, well worked composition again :)

Hi Gary :)

Sorry, somehow I have missed commenting on your thread :thinking:
No worries. You must be damn fast with a keyboard if that was a quick catch up.
Great feedback. Thanks for taking the time.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, that's a cracker for dangerous. Really like that take - the motion blur, the composition/placement and the POV. Yes, it could stand a touch more exposure if you wanted but I can also see how the lower key look works. Absolutely spot on for me - really well done. (y)

Danger - Love this the low down view with just the feet and legs really works. Really like how the banana skin really pops off the screen

Very nicely done Gary. Is that genuine motion blur or shoppery? Looks wonderful, really makes it. (y)

Hi Gaz, that's a cracker for dangerous. Really like that take - the motion blur, the composition/placement and the POV. Yes, it could stand a touch more exposure if you wanted but I can also see how the lower key look works. Absolutely spot on for me - really well done. (y)
Thanks Paul. Yes it is a touch dark but thats how it were at the time. Happy you like it. I had wanted to get the Father in law to be stood there as he walks with a stick but on the night he comes around for his tea it was very wet and he was really out of breath from walking up our steps so couldnt bring myself to ask.
Danger - Love this the low down view with just the feet and legs really works. Really like how the banana skin really pops off the screen
Thanks Mark.
Very nicely done Gary. Is that genuine motion blur or shoppery? Looks wonderful, really makes it. (y)
Cheers David. No photoshop blur to coin a phrase this was "the real deal" :)

Gaz

Topical

Sorry not much inspiration here really, you just can't get away from it though. I had wanted to take an image from above with by better half holding the phone surrounded by the papers.The image here was the test shot to see if it had legs. I took this whilst Mrs Cargo was at Zumba class idea being she could just whip in at the last minute so I could just take the photo no bother. As it turned out other things got in the way and when I finally took the photo later in the day I had moved some of the papers around and I never noticed that Mr Cameron was missing from centre stage and an image of the Mancity manager was taking pride of place :-( So went with the test photo as I may not get a chance to upload anything else.

Gaz

Topical_2_web.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gary. It's difficult when inspiration eludes but it's best to just go with what you have rather than fall too far behind and then feel (not put) under pressure. This is fine - I like the inclusion of the mobile to give some height dimension, the wb is spot on as is the theme of course. (Poor old Cameron looks tight-lipped which perhaps says more than his subsequent words express).

Hi Gary. It's difficult when inspiration eludes but it's best to just go with what you have rather than fall too far behind and then feel (not put) under pressure. This is fine - I like the inclusion of the mobile to give some height dimension, the wb is spot on as is the theme of course. (Poor old Cameron looks tight-lipped which perhaps says more than his subsequent words express).
Thanks for the support/advice.I sort of wanted to get different types of media in there to drive home that you just could not go about daily life without hearing about this issue.It needed another source eg tv/radio/ipad laptop ?

Gary,
Well done getting something on subject for the theme. It's an odd theme, it should be easy but actually getting something you're happy with isn't!
Anyway, nice sharp shot.
Yes your correct not as easy as one would think but still it's good to practice taking the the photos.
Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Hi Gaz. That's the theme done - onto next week!

It's a tough one this week - I think so many of us have struggled. This works, but I'm sure you'll agree it isn't a wow shot. Not all can be, though... this is always going to be a difficult capture because of the lack of depth (despite the mobile as Carl says) - it gives very little room for DOF, shadow, perspective or any of our usual clues which add dimensionality to an image. I think the frame filling works but it's hard to suggest how to make this one of those wows... I reckon we all just need to look forward to Thursday/Friday! Hope you don't mind my comments...

Hi Gaz. That's the theme done - onto next week!

It's a tough one this week - I think so many of us have struggled. This works, but I'm sure you'll agree it isn't a wow shot. Not all can be, though... this is always going to be a difficult capture because of the lack of depth (despite the mobile as Carl says) - it gives very little room for DOF, shadow, perspective or any of our usual clues which add dimensionality to an image. I think the frame filling works but it's hard to suggest how to make this one of those wows... I reckon we all just need to look forward to Thursday/Friday! Hope you don't mind my comments...
Off course I don't mind.I know it is weak image. To be honest I have not been much better pleased with the last few weeks images I took yet they were (very surprisingly) quite well recieved.
Thanks for the feedback it's all good and needed.

Gaz

topical and dangerous are definetely both on theme and nice shots, well done :)

I'm more interested in the free ticket. :D

Says Topical ... very nicely.

Hi Gaz

I love Dangerous - the gritty look and sense of imminency would be more than adequate to portray real danger... but actually it's a banana skin. Brilliant.

As for Topical, it does the job. I had consiered compiling shots of different news sources carrying the same story so my thoughts weren't far from yours.

Back