Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

A few recent ones from me

465930120_TRaU6-M.jpg

465932672_cgS29-M.jpg

465934751_tuhro-M.jpg

465936719_3fXWw-M.jpg

this ones a bit noisy as it was a bit dark & i didn't want to use the flash but i like the pic. mostly i only ever post a smaller one anyway so its adequate :)

Pops, 15 & still a lovely little companion

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3561740147_efd92f7ca2_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Moogie, taken with my mates D200 before I got my DSLR
2508907373_ba3b912058.jpg

The boss, well she likes to think so, actually she is probably right!

holly22042009.jpg

Taken with a Canon 5D, 24-70mm and 580EXII for fill. 1/200, F8, ISO 100,

One of my cats. Not a great photo but its off my phone lol

DSC00926.jpg

The other cat, phone pic again,

DSC00119.jpg

Here are a couple of a cat we named Thunder as he liked to charge about the place like a lunatic.

One summer in 2004 we watched him walk into the bottom of the garden then up the path and into the house. He decided to stay with us until his premature death last year.

th1.jpg

th2.jpg

Steve.

Last edited:
I haz a chicken!

3593080109_fb2b8815f2.jpg

Glass Books Wilson is gorgeous! He looks like a Maine Coon or something, absolutely stunning! Can i haz him??!

and I'll take Moogie & Harold while I'm at it too :)

Glass Books Wilson is gorgeous! He looks like a Maine Coon or something, absolutely stunning! Can i haz him??!

and I'll take Moogie & Harold while I'm at it too :)

Hehe, thanks - yes, he's a Maine Coon, well spotted! As for having him... try asking me at five in the morning when he's scratching and howling at the door to be fed and let out! I may well say yes! :LOL::annoyed::LOL:

Please dont disturb.:LOL:
_MG_0026-4.jpg

Some absolutely lovely shots on here. My kitty cat is an embryo at the moment :LOL: but once he/she is here, I'll post some pics :)

Ian, do you find black cats difficult to shoot? I find my black cat quite frustrating to shoot TBH.

Yeah I do find it hard, however my cat is one of the only things that moves in the house so I've had a few hours practice getting things right. I usually underexpose by more than one stop and then check the histogram - if it's good I might up the exposure a bit and try again. I've found that panning, although possible, is even harder to do than static shots!

Both the shots have had some element of post-processing, the second one more than the first. I think the first one was sharpened around the eyes and the green levels adjusted.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit: Also, with your cat being both black and white, you have an even finer line to tread. You'll have to be careful that you don't blow the white fur when exposing for the black.

Last edited:
Our two , only pic I have at work, the originals were straight from a phone,

Benson on the left has to be the campest cat ever and Maisy well she is a little terror although this yawning pic makes her look just a bit demonic :LOL:

the_puddy_cats.JPG

Yeah I do find it hard, however my cat is one of the only things that moves in the house so I've had a few hours practice getting things right. I usually underexpose by more than one stop and then check the histogram - if it's good I might up the exposure a bit and try again. I've found that panning, although possible, is even harder to do than static shots!

Both the shots have had some element of post-processing, the second one more than the first. I think the first one was sharpened around the eyes and the green levels adjusted.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit: Also, with your cat being both black and white, you have an even finer line to tread. You'll have to be careful that you don't blow the white fur when exposing for the black.

Thanks

Yeh, she' terrible to get a nice picture with and TBH I don't like changing things in photoshop or whatever (it's actually a major pet hate of mine - obvious "monkied with" images) The white and black Mainecoon is beautiful to get pics with - but not as easy as the tortie and white mainecoon, lol

Pics of my other 2

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

Thanks

Yeh, she' terrible to get a nice picture with and TBH I don't like changing things in photoshop or whatever (it's actually a major pet hate of mine - obvious "monkied with" images) The white and black Mainecoon is beautiful to get pics with - but not as easy as the tortie and white mainecoon, lol

Cool cats. :) Yeah I went from hating anyone that PP'd, to then tweaking things in Lightroom and then I realised I didn't know when to stop, lol. Now I try and cut back and do as little as possible (although the photos I posted are before I started cutting back, especially the second one). I'm trying to get to a stage whereby my photos have improved enough to only need minor tweaks anyway. Buttt.. I guess that's for another thread. :)

This is my Sam

DSC01691.jpg

not the best shot but cute

Last edited:
Shorty there well cute!

kittens rule! make perfect photo's opp's two! specially when they playing together.

And helps if you bring the right lens with :bonk::LOL:dopey me.

I couldn't work at a kitty rescue centre...I'd want to bring every one of them home! Don't they just make your heart melt!?

It's kitties and dogs. And it's VERY hard to walk out of there empty handed everytime. Which is why we now have 4cats, instead of 2 :naughty::LOL: I want that ickle white kitten, the one that isn't the only one awake and cheeky as anything :p

Here's my contribution - difficult to pick my favorite from so many in my collection. Hope you like. Jan

1. My Misty!

IMG_2924.jpg

2. The photo that got me started - Xsisi from WHF.

DSCF6014.jpg

3. One of my favorite Tiger shots from Howletts.

DSCF8043.jpg

4. Malawi, also from WHF.

DSCF5759.jpg

5. White Lion Cub from Paradise Wildlife Park.

_MG_8749.jpg

6. Snow Leopard - Also from Paradise.

_MG_8575.jpg

And Finally......

7. Jaguar - Also from Paradise.

_MG_8718.jpg

I could have gone on and on ariston..........!!

Technically not great, but I still love this shot. It's just a bit unusual and slightly emotive. Bronx Zoo NY.

Graham

Last edited:
Back