weekly CatClick's 52 week challenge - 2022

Definitely unusual. I'm enjoying seeing all of these weird and wonderful things in this theme.

I like that you've captured it whilst alight. I wonder is it always alight? Looks like it might have been for years.

I presume that every time a candle burns down they just melt a bit of wax and plonk the new one on top and they must have been doing that for years looking at the black mark on the wall (as others have said). It is certainly unusual. Where is it?
I presume so, never been there before. It's in a restaurant/cafe in South Queensferry.

Fits the theme and is most unusual. Well spotted.

Had another look and I like the texture the melted candle has made.

Last edited:
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
A gorgeous sunrise in Portobello. A swimmer was heading in to the water. When I got home, I had a go at doing a bit of motion blur on the scene (cloned the swimmer out of the bottom layer first) and added the swimmer on the top layer (with a mask) to make her stand out. First try at doing this, quite pleased with the result as a first effort.
Week 15 - Minimalist.jpg

Last edited:
That image is stunningly beautiful Catherine, the person actually looks like a robotic woman walking. I'd be proud if I had taken that.
Thank you! I think the fact she was so elegant the way she walked into the water helped - if it was me, I'd screaming all the way in with the cold!!! I did get the girl's email address and sent it to her as a memory of such a stunning morning. She was happy with it.

Thats a fantastic image Catherine! Well done! :clap:
Image of the week for me!

I thought the swimmer was one of those beach statutes you see around. The colours are great, but I can't say which of the 2 shown I prefer as they do not appear too different to me.

Pete

I think that you've done a great job Catherine, I was wondering how you got a long exposure without having the swimmer blurred out...

That's a great tree. Years since I saw one of those.
Flat sky helps bring out the "tails".

Another "not seen one for years" here. Looks good.

Good shot Catherine, great POV. We've always called them Monkey Trees and they are far and few between where I am.

The strong colour of the fence helps the holes to stand out.
Looks a nice place to spend some time with a camera.

The strong colour of the fence helps the holes to stand out.
Looks a nice place to spend some time with a camera.
A fabulous day out and the weather was equally good. One of these places where you come home with a card full of MANY images! If you have botanic gardens near you, I would suggest you give it a try. And different seasons bring different images. A great way of practicing new skills.

Week 18 - Sunrise/Sunset
My favourite times of the day, unfortunately the theme just didn't fit our weather this week. I thought I was finally going to get it tonight but the cloud closed in where the sun was setting. So first image, the setting sun and the second one, cloud is too dense where the sun was setting and only a tiny hint of colour on the cloud edge.
Week 18 - Sunset.jpg
Week 18 - Sunset 2.JPG

Last edited:
Two different images. I love the sky in your chosen shot and the way the ray points to the tower.

Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
A gorgeous sunrise in Portobello. A swimmer was heading in to the water. When I got home, I had a go at doing a bit of motion blur on the scene (cloned the swimmer out of the bottom layer first) and added the swimmer on the top layer (with a mask) to make her stand out. First try at doing this, quite pleased with the result as a first effort.
View attachment 350766
What an absolute stunning image. love it
Week 18 - Sunrise/Sunset
My favourite times of the day, unfortunately the theme just didn't fit our weather this week. I thought I was finally going to get it tonight but the cloud closed in where the sun was setting. So first image, the setting sun and the second one, cloud is too dense where the sun was setting and only a tiny hint of colour on the cloud edge.
View attachment 353387
View attachment 353388
had the same issue, same evening (and reasonably close by) but you did a better job than I, cracking image.

2 Great shots Catherine, I like the detail in the 2nd image and the overall blue is very good.

Pete

Really like both shots Catherine. Love the dramatic rays of light in your chosen image and the calming blue tone in the second image.

I love my Asics Catherine, they're the only runners I buy now. Good shot, the background really compliments them

That sunset shot is beautiful. The rays add to the drama.
Your trainers are well lit and I like the angle and layout you've used.

Back