weekly Choppie's 2015 Photo52 Challenge. - Week 37 Special added

Nice colourful Medical - more than meets the theme. Proverb works and Yes, I quite prefer the selective colouring - gives it a cleaner sharper look about it.

welcome choppie,

Medical ... nice clean colourful objects (syringes?) to photography, done well and def on theme.

Proverb ... nothing wrong with a bit of SC occasionally and it works well here with that OOF BG. I prefer #2.

(y)

I like it. Nicely lit and detailed. Nit pickers would perhaps place it slightly off-centre and cropped but pah!

Thanks Carl, appreciate the comments. Funnily I did have it more on the right but want sure. Will recrop it.
Cheers

Yeah, I like that better - more prominent because of the crop and a little added interest being set off to one side.

Hi, Medicine, Bright, well composed and I like the shadows at the bottom; proverbs #2 nice perspective and shallow dof; pale, nice detail and god lighting, just seems to be floating, not a lot you can do with it being on black, though.

Cheers.

Nice colours and detail in Medical. I also agree with the comments on Proverbs. Like you I'm not a huge fan of selective colouring, however in this case it works really well (y)

Tear added. Not come off as well as I'd hoped, Just couldn't get the tear to standout. Also dam hard to get water to rest, just kept dripping off.

TP 52: Tear
by choppie01, on Flickr

Last edited:
A nice rendition for Tear. I can see it but don't know how you can accentuate it - lighting to get a reflection off the droplet or perhaps make a selective contrast adjustment to try and make it stand out. Need someone with a little more know-how to drop by. Looks a fine image to me as is though.

Thanks Carl, I used a 120cm Octabox with a reflector (allow I don't think that was angled correctly. Oh well gotta give it a go :)

Aw! I like this one too. Nice texture, colour and some terrific lighting coming through the paper tunnel. :clap:

(You may want to check your Linky on the main page - doesn't seem to work ?!)

Hi Choppie, sorry seem to have missed you

Proverb, not a fan of selective colour but I think it works better than the colour in this case
Tear, the tear is a little lost on the monkey, but it works for me, some nice detail in the paper on the second one but I am not too sure of the composition, fits the theme thats the main thing

Like the Tear (paper)shot, nice use of subtle colour and lighting. I wonder if a slight shift of the camera or crop would have enhanced the image, by removing a little bit of the out of focus bottom, and including a fraction more of the top of the scroll.

I think you might be right about the composition of the paper, there' s not enough to of the roll. I'll have a looks tomorrow to see if I have a better one.

I really like your take on the words, especially the monkey even though it hadn't worked as well as you wanted. He looks sad and I totally got it :)

Paper Tear #1 (y) ... in focus down bottom where it's tearing plus it shows light through the roll and not reflecting off the top [as in #2].

Lovely image - best one yet :clap:. Nicely spotted and themed. (Like the character hook with it's chipped paint - all adds interest).

Really really like this, this type of image is right up my street and so have a huge appreciation for this. Ive just followed you on flickr too, I was being nosey and checked out the information and so see you have a really nice camera. Can I ask does a very good camera make these images easier to capture or is it purely based on the artist behind the lens?

Hi choppie ... really nice idea, POV, focus .... little crit or just an idea: another inch or two more above the hook might look good.

character hook with it's chipped paint.
. lol. you say character I say neglected - hate DIY :)

@Lauraloo83 my wife upgraded me from my intended 6d :) I'm not sure it really makes that much of a difference for this type of image to be honest. I'd say the lens has more influence - there are more qualified individual son here that will discuss this in great detail and great length ;)

@d00d - good point my see if I can redo it.

It's been kicking around the house for a while, was only hung on the door last week, so just happy coincidence more than "Artistic" flare I think.

Hi there ....love your monkey shot for Tear he does look very sad and I can just see the tear, a few drops of glycerine tends to stabilise water for water drops, it may have helped it to stay in place.

Great minimal shot for Words, I agree with d00d its nipped off a bit at the top, but the simplicity of it is really spot on.

Yep .. that's on theme ... good portrait, like the low POV. (y)

Hey :)

Pale - Well lit stone, the first certainly has a feel of floating to it with it being central, so much preferring the off centre crop :)

Tear - Good effort I saw that eventually, the monkeys face is nicely exposed showing some good detail :)

Tear Paper - Great minds think alike, with yours I'm really liking the colour, again good lighting !!!

Words - Pick of the bunch for me, nice shallow DoF which is just deep enough to have all the wording eligible, nice composition too (y)

Yes, good for you. Nice capture for all the reasons DK mentions. :clap:

@susiejb - I gave up with water in the end, tried to make a thick sugar syrup, but made a mess of that. Just ended up using some clear make up stuff. Will remember your tip for next time :)

@d00d - thanks as I said just caught my eye.

@Dark Knight - the words pic was the bloody easiest! lol. Do like it myself

@Carl Ayling - thanks Carl.

Thanks all for the positive comments, beginning to like this 52 thing :).

Last edited:
I like the portrait. DOF suits the subject, nice colours and a great smile on his face too, he looks so cheerful I'd give him a donation!

B. :cow:

Back