weekly Choppie's 2015 Photo52 Challenge. - Week 37 Special added

Agree with Lee here Ian, nothing wrong with that at all, I really like the unusual angle, the DoF bang on the spider is just right (y)

Ian I love your geometric, such a good idea and lovely composition :)

Thank you :)

It's a thumbs up from me too. Although I find the purple a but off putting.

:cow:
I would have preferred black but it's all I had at hand, I had to use something otherwise it looks stripped.

TP 52 w34: Geometric_pull back
by choppie01, on Flickr

A big (y) from me too, they're not easy things to capture and you've made a great job with that one. the only thing not too sure about the background colour, it just looks a bit unnatural. But a great shot and perfect for the theme :clap:

Ooops just saw the reply above ref the colour, sometimes we just have to go with what we've got :) and well done for not knocking the web down with the card , I've done that more than once !

Last edited:
Hi Ian. Great bg colour - makes the image stand out. Entirely meets the theme and an excellent image all told. :clap:

Hi, really like the shot for Geometric, the BG colour is superb and the angle you shot the web at, very good (y)

A big (y) from me too, they're not easy things to capture and you've made a great job with that one. the only thing not too sure about the background colour, it just looks a bit unnatural. But a great shot and perfect for the theme :clap:

Ooops just saw the reply above ref the colour, sometimes we just have to go with what we've got :) and well done for not knocking the web down with the card , I've done that more than once !

Thanks Susie, black card is on the shopping list! It was quite windy which didn't help and I was conscious not disturb the little fella.

Hi Ian. Great bg colour - makes the image stand out. Entirely meets the theme and an excellent image all told. :clap:

Hi, really like the shot for Geometric, the BG colour is superb and the angle you shot the web at, very good (y)

Thanks Carl, Allan
It's the only colour I had and I think it looks ok, but I think black would have been better. I've tried to alter in C1 but I'm useless and can't :confused:. Not the end of the world :)

Last edited:
I've seen lots of cobweb pics, but rarely or never a complete one like this. This is a beaut, geometrically, and veerry nicely photographed too. (y)

Hi, did think about Converse too as my partner Jane has a couple of pairs but as I did it last year thought better of it
but a good idea and well thought out

Hi Ian ... I love this one, its simple but effective, the addition of the child's tiny feet make it a very appealing image.... an excellent choice for the theme.

Hahaha, what a nice warm feely shot. Good story in there, Well done.

Hi, did think about Converse too as my partner Jane has a couple of pairs but as I did it last year thought better of it
but a good idea and well thought out

Awe cute. Nice idea too. (y)
thanks everyone, surprising difficult topic this week, when I saw it I had loads of ideas but making them happen is a lot harder!

As Susie has said, its simple but effective (y)

Hi Ian. Trainers make a fashion statement like nothing else these days - well chosen and nicely executed.

There's always an excuse, but struggled for time this week.

I like this but the highlight in his eye seems a little fake, which it's not. As soon as he gets "Dewy Rabbit" fingers go in and that's him as chilled as you could want a 3 yr old!

TP 52 w36: Chill -1
by choppie01, on Flickr

Cub #2 a thumb sucker! Again as soon as it's in as chilled as you could wish for :)

TP 52 w36: Chill -2
by choppie01, on Flickr

Bloody cat didn't want his picture taken so have to improvise

TP 52 w36: Chill -3
by choppie01, on Flickr

Hey Ian those first two are excellent. :clap: ... and cat improvisation for good measure, I like the rule of two thirds or whatever you've done there.

Fashion - Love the simplicity of this shot, and Converse are definitely in Fashion (y)

Love the first two, they are cracking portraits :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe the third one would have appealed more if it had been some kind of poultry :ROFLMAO: :giggle: :sneaky:

Aw! Definitely the first two - lovely portraits. Think I prefer the softer contrast in the second. Great takes.
(Why the sunglasses in #3 - suffering with CATaracts perhaps?)

Aw! Definitely the first two - lovely portraits. Think I prefer the softer contrast in the second. Great takes.
(Why the sunglasses in #3 - suffering with CATaracts perhaps?)

lol. It was the first shot I tried, and to be frank I was rushing. Lots of ideas but no time to try em - it was supposed to be a cat chilling out, a cool cat. Doesn't match the others of course but I though I might as up load it up.

When I got the kids ready for bed I saw them and thought that could work. As for processing, still messing around with different styles.

Hey Ian those first two are excellent. :clap: ... and cat improvisation for good measure, I like the rule of two thirds or whatever you've done there.

Thank you David

Fashion - Love the simplicity of this shot, and Converse are definitely in Fashion (y)

Love the first two, they are cracking portraits :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe the third one would have appealed more if it had been some kind of poultry :ROFLMAO: :giggle: :sneaky:

Thanks Jill. lol :facepalm:

I like the first 2, they both look very chilled. I like the contrast of the "cat" against the darker background.

I like the first 2, they both look very chilled. I like the contrast of the "cat" against the darker background.

Thanks Ste

Two super Chilled out children there Ian, they look gorgeous. The cat made me smile ...love the fun side of that one peeping in from the corner. Super choices for the theme :clap:
Thanks Susie they have their moments :crying:

Chill 3 wins it for me, for it's simplicity and impact.
I appreciate the effort that must have gone into the 2 portrait shots as children can be sooo hard to capture naturally. It makes me glad that 99% of my subject matter isn't people related.

Hi, chilled 1 for me focus looks perfect on the eye and he does look chilled

Chill 3 wins it for me, for it's simplicity and impact.
I appreciate the effort that must have gone into the 2 portrait shots as children can be sooo hard to capture naturally. It makes me glad that 99% of my subject matter isn't people related.

Thanks Tim, Sports photography isn't my thing either :D

Hi, chilled 1 for me focus looks perfect on the eye and he does look chilled

Thanks Allan, got them on a good day - today is not one though :runaway:

Hi Ian, two adorable shots of your kids for Chilled. #1 just has the edge for me, but I love both and what a great contrast with #3 - really made me smile!

Chill #1 for me I really like the intense stare :)

#1 for me, I like the light. (y)

Last 1 for me, Great shot, lovely light and fun too!

Hi Ian, two adorable shots of your kids for Chilled. #1 just has the edge for me, but I love both and what a great contrast with #3 - really made me smile!

Thanks everyone for you comments, got some frames from ikea so going to print both #1 and 2 :) I'm going to have to catch up with W37 when I get back from holiday, just no time this week before I go. :beer::banana:

Back