weekly Chris's 2012 52 Project - Week 6 "Industry" Added

Hi Chris,

Great pictures. My favourite would be the fear one, clever use of the words and game.

Matt

Direction : Great idea, interesting snake to the road... I quite like the shorter trails... it gives a nice start/stop but still implies motion. Good to see something a bit different

Fear : That's come out well... very nice... I've been thinking about using scrabble for my shot this week. Nicely converted...

Sigh : A great idea, and the pose is very good... It works well for the theme. Not sure on the sky though.. It looks like it was one of those flat grey and nasty to work with ones, that always come out dull... it also looks like you tried to dodge it out... there's some oddities around the edges of the bonnet and your OH's head.

Fear - I really like it. Like the use of Mono and also like how you've darkened the top right and left corners. Anyone care to inform me of the technical term for that? Really nice job... well done!

Sigh .. I like the idea. Think its original and outside the box (it's much easier taking photos indoors and without people involved where you can take as long as you like!) There looks like some ghosting around your wife though, not sure why. Also it would be much better if the sky was a bit brighter. Not your fault but maybe a bit of editing. Looking forward to seeing the rest!

good idea for sigh, another one I thought of (but preferred to stay in the warmth). The sky is a bit over exposed tho, have you tried adding a tint to it? You can do it quite easily in Picasa (free from google in case you don't know :)) and very easy to use. It gives me hours of fun lol

Thanks for your comments of this weeks difficult theme.

I've only just noticed the ghosting around the Mrs.
Only found it by tilting the laptop to a funny angle,:thinking:(y)

I didn't have to break the car to get the shot, all I did was drop a little water onto the exhaust heatshield and it gave me the smoking effect I wanted.

The pic is a split of 2 shots, 1 where the Mrs was stood how I wanted, and the other of the car doing it's best kettle impression.

So I copied the car over to original pic and it seems to be spot on for alignment.
It's also had some darkening, and that may have brought out the shadows around the edges.

Note to self: Must try better next week
slap.gif

Chris

the idea is there hon, and this is all about challenging yourself and improving - it's working on me anyway :LOL:

Hi, sigh, i did a similar take for last year's 52.

I can see sigh in your wife's face. faults have been mentioned. Looks very noisey.

Cheers.

Hi Chris

Direction: I like the light trails. I know others have suggested longer ones but they work for me. I do agree it would benefit from cropping right and top but otherwise I like it.

Fear: Fantastic. A clever idea that looks good. Maybe just a little more dof would be good but that’s just me.

Sigh: A triple whammy. :LOL: Wife sighing because you’re mithering for her to model. Then she’s sighing because the car’s broken (well it is GM!), then the car looks like its sighing too. Top idea but a bit of colour in the sky'd be nice.

Last edited:
Good shot Chris it’s nice to see the person in the picture and not just what their sighing at, I think it would have been nice if she was leaning on the car though.
Did you add the steam in pp as it’s well done.

Slightly later than advertised but I promise I'll catch up and be back on track;)

Here's my sweet. As with most drinks, they have sweetener added. It was just a matter of finding the highest % I could:eek:

Sweet080.jpg

Chris

Sigh - Definitely says sigh but the blown sky isn't helping this.

Sweet - I'm afraid I have to agree about the sharpening.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.
I can see what you mean about the sharpness.
I was really struggling to get it tack sharp on a close up and had about 40 shots which were even more blurry:shake:
Time to shop for zoom lens I think. :cautious:

This is my "Secure" week picture.

The only edit to the picture is to enhance the colours, as I don't think I could do anything else to it.

Secure007.jpg

Chris

This should get me back up to date, and I can now go through the other 52's and catch up

Here is my Industry photo.
This place I used to walk past every day to school and it is only recently that it has now closed down, as it seems with most UK Industry.

Industry009.jpg

Chris

Yet another thread I've missed for the last few weeks...

Direction - I think there's too much ambiant light, the trails aren't quite long enough and any longer an exposure would leave the street over-exposed.

Fear - very nice, really like it. Wouldn't be half the shot in colour.

Sigh - on theme but lacks punch.

Sweet - good idea just lacks a sharp focal point as pointed out previously by others.

Secure - again, looks a bit soft but bang on theme.

Industry - another good shot, good angle and sky. Very industrial look.

Hi Chris
Catching up slowly
Fear - excellent idea and well executed in mono
Sigh - others have mentione dlack of punch but a really good idea
Sweet - focus is the issue as has been pointed out
Industry agree with dark Knight

Best of luck for the rest as you are back on track

HI Chris

good idea for sweet but slightly oof...handheld or tripod ?...can see what you were aming for & yes , maybe a sharpen would help along with a slight lighten...white bits look white though which is good :) Macro lens might give you better results for this sort of close up ?

Industry....yup ... on there , good to see some blue sky which contrasts well with the run down building , nice angle as well (y) Could possibly stand a bit of work to bring out some detail in the stone & a shame about the clipped top but hey...it happens :)

Secure...like your thinking & it's on theme , like the footprints going away from the gate as well...someones been checking their security (y)...what lens are you using ?

I like that! Not sure if it needs straightening maybe, but I love the colours and composition!

Back