weekly Clawz's 52 Weeks of 2012! - Week 13 Vice - ADDED

Edit My Images
Yes
Well 4 years ago saw me attempting a Project 366! which failed by March/April... :crying:

So to celebrate the leap year anniversary of my failed attempt, I'm going to do a slightly more manageable 52 weeks! :D And I have a few friends and my other half joining me too, so fingers crossed it'll work this year!

Week 6 and 7 now added to Page 3!

Last edited:
:clap: welcome to the project, look forward to seeing what direction you take :LOL:

-- BA DOOM TISH --

:LOL:

Right here we are everyone. Didn't come out quite as I had planned but I'm please with what i have for the end of the first week! :D

Photo 1: Chosen
Naughty yet OH SO nice!

Week 1 - Direction
Saw this while taking shots of the traffic lights in the other pictures and thought, 'OH an arrow!' Later on the way home i thought more about the meaning and what it looks like.

Looking like a dingey 'Adult shop' sign i thought the title should play on this, and the fact that in the new year people watch their waist lines they also look for 'direction' to look for a new way of living.

Naughty yet OH SO nice! by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Photo 2: Rejected
Confusion

Week 1 - Direction
Originally thought of an idea to capture 3 'green light' arrows. However it seems to have turned out even better that first thought. Due to the amount of 'Direction' shown, one could be get lost easily! I count 7 ways of direction.. what about you?

What's really weird is the apparent reflection and 'flipping' of the green arrows and them showing as lens distortions... think it adds more to the photo and chose not to clone them out.

Confusion by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

And Photo 3: Rejected
Confusion with movement

Week 1 - Direction
Similar to the previous picture really just at another angle and with an additional 'Direction'! LOL (well maybe 2 if you count the cars! )

Also chose to add a 'jaunty' angle to the photo just for the hell of it! (actually the railing I was using to steady the camera was on the hoof! lol)

Confusion with movement by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Not sure which one is the winner for me... :thinking:

Last edited:
Fish and chips, deffinately. I really like that, as I think you have the lighting just right. Possibly lose the light on the eave's above the sign, and crop tighter?

I like the idea of #1. Yes naughty but nice comes to mind. With #2 and #3 my preference is for the latter although may have been tempted to try an even more jaunty angle. 1 down 51 to go.

Definitely the Fish and chips shot for me :)

Good luck with the project, I look forward to following your work :)

For me the best Is the fish and chips sign. I like the other two but number one is my favourite.

As said the lighting is just about right and also the space to the left.

Good work.

I do like #1, for a simple composition and subject, it has a fair amount happening in the frame. It does have a look of adult/sex shop about it but that adds to the naughtiness of it. Well spotted, a good take on the theme.

Of your traffic light pics, the jaunty angle of the second one gets my vote. The movement of the vehicle in the background is a nice touch.

Could the reflection arrows in the first one be exactly that? If you have a UV filter on your lens, the lights could be reflecting off the filter?

Good start (y)

Iain

Hi Clawz....

another vote for Fish n Chips ( the image...not the real stuff...gotta watch my weight :LOL: Nice n sharp...great color ...bit of detail in the brickwork as well ...good shot :clap: Possibly crop the very top...finding the red strip/light a touch niggly ?

Look forward to seeing your next 51 (y)

ps...Don't forget to update the spreadsheet...link in 1st post where the themes are listed....makes life so much easier for seeing who's done what...I've updated wk 1 for you (y)

Fish and chips photograph is great. I do like how it appears seedy :LOL:

Minor point would be the lower right bit which draws my attention.

Great start.

Cheers.

Thanks for the positive comments guys! Its been so long since I have received anything it kinda makes me well up! :crying: :LOL:

But saying that, I haven't taken or posted a proper 'out of the box' shot in AGES!! You have all spurred my on to do better! Thanks! (y)

Yip, fish and chips for me too! No really, this diet's killing me.

The picture is stronger than the traffic one in my opinion.

Nicely done Gaz! Number one for me! :cool:

Makes me hungry just looking at it!

You have adult themes on the mind all the time!

Last edited:
Only one photo this week! :LOL:

Week 2 - Fear
December 21st....

Bit of a tough one this week! Been very busy and not being able to get out much meant i had to settle for an indoor shot. After thinking long and hard, I figured that this would be playing on A LOT of peoples minds come the end of the year.

Conspiracy theory's abound, do you chose to ignore or believe??

December 21st.... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

A little late for commenting on week 1, but it would have been that naughty, sleazy fish'n'chips for me too (y)

Week 2 is a really interesting take on "fear". Very different to what I would have expected and the ? on 22nd December absolutely makes it for me. In terms of composition, lighting and execution it's all there and not a thing that I can find fault with.

I think there's potential to take this idea up a notch and add a little more mystery though. :thinking: I wonder if it might have added another layer of depth if you'd left the 21st blank, retained the "?" on 22nd and perhaps laid some print-outs from internet articles / newspaper cuttings relating to Mayan prophecies dotted around the table.

Great shot on the Fear theme,

We'll know for sure in December if we need to panic :cautious:

Chris

Direction : Simple, on theme, and I really like it

Fear : A great idea, simple, but it works. I think I'd agree with Sarah on adding some mystery to it.

Thanks guys, And thanks Sarah! For a shot that only took moments to set up and conceive I'm not sure how it would have been perceived! :LOL:

I like the idea of doing it other way round as in removing the text from the 21st and just having the '?' on the 22nd! Would have been even better if I'd have had access to a montly calender... i probably would have deleted the rest of the year and put a '?' on the 21st instead... :D Might try that again later in the year!

The fish and chips picture for direction is really good, the exposure is prefect, just a hint of the detail at the edges of the frame.

I really like you take on fear, the use of DoF is good and I like the addition of the ? on the next day :)

Fear...nice. Isn't the world supposed to end every day according to some religion :D

Nice focus, black BG may have helped draw attention to the writting.

Cheers.

Fear...nice. Isn't the world supposed to end every day according to some religion :D

Nice focus, black BG may have helped draw attention to the writting.

Cheers.

Black BG??? :thinking: :LOL:

just spotted your thread and thought i'd add a couple of comments

Direction - loving the fish and chip sign, perfect for the theme.

Fear - simple idea shot really well! :clap:

good luck on the rest of your 52!

wardie

Two good takes, as said the question mark in fear is a winning touch (y)

Another thread the slipped through, sorry.

Really like the fish and chips sign for direction. Nice lighting and different from the other signs posted :)

Fear, well shot and a good idea for the theme although personally getting kinda bored of the open book shots already and it's only week 3..lol

However I like the topic of you're one and the question mark makes it to me, Maybe we should all change our threads to 50 for 2012 just in case...

Hungry now, fish and chips show is great. A very important direction.

Like the fear, and I am sure there will be a few who are quite concerned about that date already. Good stuff!!

Week 3- Sigh

I'm not getting up till my alarm goes off!!

Really struggled this week, in more ways than one...!
First with the subject, an secondly with getting up! Specifically when faced with this sigh inducing problem... I would 'stir' and roll over to find I stirred 2 minutes before my alarm went off, then would precede to say 'No not until 7:00am!, I refuse to get up before then!' Then i would get up 30 minutes late!! another 'SIGH'... lol

The out of focus look with a vignette is deliberate as to simulate me opening my eyes when half asleep! :/

Week3 Sigh-3.jpg by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back