weekly Clawz's 52 Weeks of 2012! - Week 13 Vice - ADDED

hi,

Not been here before, great 52 thread so far, sorry its short and sweet but i've got alot to catch up on.

Matt

Industry – I’m really liking this one. It’s got bags of atmosphere

Root – Whilst didn’t get the root connection without the write up I do like the saturation of the red against the background

Hi Clawz

Sweet....like it...great idea, love the liquid...nice one mister (y)

Industry....love it...nuff said :clap:

Root....all crit has been mentioned so just a (y) from me

So its been AGES since I've posted... and im kinda finding it hard to juggle a lot of things... but what do you think of these two for handmade? Will add explanations etc when I choose a finalist... :LOL:

Photo 1:
Bread Triptych

Week 8 - Handmade

The second of my two shots this week. Liked the way this one tells a story and shows you that, yes i ACTUALLY made it! lol
I do love making bread, and the smell of it baking is second to none!

Handmade by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Photo 2: NOW REJECTED :D

Freshly baked by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

the others will follow soon! :D

Last edited:
Thats the sort of effect i was going for. The whole telling a story thing just appealed to me. Besides, whats to say i didn't 'buy' the loaf... This way you can see that it was handmade! :D

Week 9 - Money

Wishful thinking!

Had a few ideas for a shot this week but whilst out planting a few things i thought... hang on a second! A few moments later, and a rather stubborn ladybird to help, and this shot was born!

I thought the addition of some Miracle Gro was a good idea rather than just a plain green background, it tells more of a story and adds to the 'Wishful thinking' of trying to grow money!!

Mr/Mrs Ladybird wasn't doing what i asked it too... I wanted it to crawl around on the £5 note, but all it wanted to do was go round and round the pot! Ohh well!

Wishful thinking! by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 10 - Win

I've, I've..... WON!!!!!!

Well i had this idea from the outset it just took me ages to set it up! taping the lotto for a start then trying to get a ticket...

Then taking it wasn't much easier! trying to keep my own hand still while i took the picture, nightmare!!

I've, I've..... WON!!!!!! by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 11 - Shiny

Shiny no more....

This is the best one from the shot I think, shows the maximum about of shiny chain yet still showing its rusty!

Taken on my new 100mm Macro lens... and I LOVE IT!!! :D

Shiny no more.... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 12 - Magical

Magical Winter Wonderland

Thanks go to Mishimoto for this and him allowing me use of his photo (www.flickr.com/photos/mishimoto/4245540192/ ) As you can see this works rather well! :D

I knew as soon as the theme was posted this was the shot i wanted to take! As you can probably tell i was going for the look Narnia when I conceived the shot! After about 30 minutes of CS5 I got the look I wanted.

Magical Winter Wonderland by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
I want to thank you all for the kind comments too peeps! :D I really love doing this project!

Love the latest additions. Some really great ideas. Particularly like shiny, think I saw them on Flickr and liked them all. Really like the subject matter. Magical is good too, nice idea!

Thanks chickendipa! :D

and dmb, IF ONLY!!! :D lol

Money - great idea and love the lighting and composition on this.

Win - On theme and good shot but would have liked to see a little more light on the ticket and hand?

Shiny - Love this. Nice interpretation and composition too. Makes me want a macro lens!!

Magical - lots of PP there!! Great idea and good shot!

Hi Clawz

great idea...sort The Lion witch & wardrobe ( though I could be getting confused with something else here !) Great PP...onnly minor niggle are the boxes on the top of the wardrobe...either put them centrally or crop to lose them...still a good image though (y)

Money - I really like the idea. Nice lighting although a tad more on the ladybird would have helped. Easier said than done though - They move too quick

Win - Looks like a pound well spent :LOL: Good shot and well executed

Shiny - DoF is good here and I like the clash of the shiny metal and the rusty bits

Magical - Nice one. The Narnia approach hits the theme spot on

Hi Clawz

great idea...sort The Lion witch & wardrobe ( though I could be getting confused with something else here !) Great PP...onnly minor niggle are the boxes on the top of the wardrobe...either put them centrally or crop to lose them...still a good image though (y)

I tried to take some without the boxes but the top of the inside of the wardrobe was far too dark and just made the shot look to claustrophobic. But thanks for the crit, its all well received trust me!

Cant wait to show you all my Vice picture! :D Taking it tomorrow! :D

Hi Clawz, looks like you have been really busy. it's a great felling to catch up (y) All really nice images.... Nick

Right heres the big one... REALLY cant decide on this! All help is appreciated :D

Week 13 - Vice

Had a real hard time trying to get this one into my head. When I first saw 'Vice' I was like WTF!!!!, then a plan hatched!
Vice... Vice like grip... grip.. women griping **PING** ;) picture was born! Only problem was i couldn't get any walnuts, asked in 3 supermarkets...."We only do them at Christmas..." damn it, plan scuppered! Until Goggled to find a supplier on line!
3 Days later, BAMM! Plan back on! Tried several different types of shot of which these two are my favourite.
Which do you like?

Nuts in a.... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Nuts in a..... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
LOL, you know, I thought this when I first saw it, then I thought, well, it's a wardrobe and we all keep all sorts of cack up on our wardrobes.

I'm nearly tempted (God knows why) to start a thread in the the out of focus section titled "Post photos of the top of your wardrobe" for a laugh.

On saying that, I've had a bottle of wine to myself tonight, so;........... maybe not :bang:

Right heres the big one... REALLY cant decide on this! All help is appreciated :D

Really?

Piece of pee really, it's this one.:clap:

Week 13 - Vice

Nuts in a..... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Focus on the walnuts is better in this but also throwing the background out of focus coupled with the depth of field? Soooo much better than the first shot in my opinion.

If I really had to be picky I'd say the walnuts in the vice are a little overexposed?

They are JUST on the side of exposed actually, but then again my monitor isn't properly balanced yet so it may be on the wrong side of exposed for everyone else... :LOL:

Money: fantastic idea, well executed. Love it!

Win: great shot, but it's a shame you can see the pause icon on the TV screen.

Shiny is just fantastic; I absolutely love it. Perfect.

Magical: good idea, but it doesn't work for me I'm afraid. All I see is a sheet and some fairly unconvincing snowflakes. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't have done any better; I just think it was too ambitious.

Vice: definately number 2; lovely simple shot with beautiful tones and DoF.

"Vice' - LOL.... I know where you'r coming from with this one. Good humour ! I like image 1 with the vibrant paint and shallow depth of field. Nice work. (y)

Nick

My you've been busy!

Money - love the idea and love the shot! Don't we all wish we could grow money? I think the lady bug totally adds to shot, even better that it's in focus!*

Win - Another great idea with either some very clever editing or you're no longer needing to grow money! I agree about the pause icon on the tv and the hand/ ticket being a little dark but otherwise you've done well to get the hand/ ticket in focus!*

Shiny - awesome detail. I like the contrast of the shiny metal against the rust.*

Magical - Some very clever pp work there. But I agree about the baskets on the cupboard need editing out. A little crop to just show the top of the cupboard would work:thinking:

Vice - Another cracking idea! I actually like number one, I just think the little yellow blur to the left of the vice is a touch distracting.*

Back