weekly Clawz's 52 Weeks of 2012! - Week 13 Vice - ADDED

I like everything about that except the nail clippers; I think I'd have removed those?

Just catching up

Direction, yes the fish and chip one for me too, the lighting and exposure are spot on.

Fear - a different take on the theme.

Sigh - great idea and the blur just adds to the image imo

Hi Clawz

Fear....nice idea...simple but effective....agree with Sarahlee's comments & the ? def makes the image (y)

Sigh.....yup , know that feeling well...like the sleepy eyed effect...nice work :clap:

Thank you guys... :)

Still trying to set up my sweet shot... :/ harder than first thought!

Ohh... I like that... very nicely treated... having the word atten(tion ??) in focus at the bottom is a good choice

Week 4 - Sweet

99 Bottles of Coke on the wall...

Week 4 - Sweet

When I saw this weeks theme I knew exactly what I wanted to do!! Sadly it has taken most of the week to take it as I've been very busy! what also took the time was trying to think of something that could be used as runny coke... turns out that if you split them open they are runny anyway!! :D lol

I had another idea for the theme as well, but time constraints prohibited me from doing it.. :( oh well theres still 48 weeks to go!

99 Bottles of Coke on the wall... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

SHHHhhhhh ( i cheated and used map pins to form a stand at the back of the bottles so they stood up easier! lol)

And the main point of focus is primarily the bottles on the floor, but some of the wall seems to be on the same focal plain.

Hi,

Loving your take on all the themes so far,

Direction:- good catch :D

Fear :- nicely done.

Sigh:- great idea, nicely composed and shot.

Sweet:- for some reason I'm singing there were 10 coke bottles standing on a wall! lol Like this one alot.

Carol

Hi Gary, I think you've done a fantastic job. Your take on sigh is great and I can totally agree with it, and your take on sweet is genius. Really made me smile, keep it up!

Really like Sigh and can relate to that no end, mine says 0515 though :(

Like the thinking behind capturing you're eyes opening as well, very clever.

Sweet - Again another very well though out and executed idea.

Excellent work :)

Fear - I like it. Well thought out. DoF is spot on as well

Sigh – If only I could lie in that late LOL

Sweet – Good one. This brought a smile to my face.

The Wire...

Week 5 - Secure

Very much a cop out shot this week and in desperation took this while away on a training course. It was at the point when the snow that ground the country to a halt that I saw this. It made me think that how secure barbed wire and razor wire is and how much it can maim; how can the most gentle and soft thing in the world can sit upon it and stay there? I think this comes under the term 'Juxtaposed' but I could be wrong... lol

Taken on my iPhone 4 using Snapseed image processing.

The Wire... by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Nice stuff Gary! Where did you get the runny cola bottle from?

Really like the sigh photo :)

Ive been playing catch up too, Just a couple to do now :)

Broken and Forgotten

Week 6 - Industry

This week saw me and a friend hunting for good locations for industry shots. As we were driving about I saw a collection of derelict buildings and asked him to pull over. He did wonder what he was letting himself in for when we left his BMW unattended near here, but the shots we got more than paid for it!. Cant be sure if I'm happy or not with this one, tried to make the PP make the photo spooky and forgotten, but I don't not if I've over done it... :/

You decide...

Broken and Forgotten by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

The ROOT Cause?

Week 7 - Root

Bit of a play on words this one... I was going to take a photo of the standard root/root veg kinda thing. But then I thought to myself what else could root be...
Then after a few days it came to me, 'The ROOT cause of all the worlds problems'; Natural resources, in this case the coal on the post; Money, also on the post, Religion, not just Christianity but all forms of religion, and Land, the rest of the shot.

In one way or another, all the problems that we, as the human race, have had; be it war, economic crisis, tests of faith, one way or another it is to do with one or more of the above...
Think about it.... (not too much mind, don't want your head exploding! lol)

The ROOT Cause? by ClawzCTR, on Flickr

Last edited:
'industry' - I real like this image, very sharp and great tonal range in the windows and brickwork. Shame the window sill on the extreme right is slightly cropped out. Think this would be better cropped to include. That said, It doesn't detract from a really pleasing photograph.

'Root' Cerebral orginal concept and very thought provoking. Without your explanation I would struggle with this one. I was given one of these Gideon bibles when I when I first joined the forces. I was told B.i.b.l.e stood for Basic Information Before Leaving Earth !
Small aperture has worked well with nice DoF.

Hi Clawz, sorry missed you the past few weeks. I've been going off the spreadsheet.

Secure - Like everything about it, bang on theme and the framing and processing really work well, even think the noise works.

Industry - Another good picture and like the PP, certainly looks spooky to me but maybe too much as it's kinda taken the industry out of it (I did the same lol), when I read you're text it then all made perfect sense.

Root - I was going to do something quite similar with money and oil, certainly a good take on the theme and original. Like the framing and dof. Again another one where you need to read the text :)

Good work :)

Industry - I really like that, a great old building, the pp looks good & I really like the angle

Root - I always look at the pic before reading, to see if 'I get it' Struggled to see the link without the text, a tighter crop so the money and coal were more identifiable could help, but having read your thought provoking explanation a good idea/twist (y)

Hi Clawz, apologies for not spotting your thread much earlier.

Wonderful start to your 52, and at the moment 3 stand out for me. The fish and chips sign, the coke bottles is suck a cracking shot and well thought out for the theme too, and the barbed wire shot is just sublime (y)

Why thank you for the comments guys n gals. I really didn't think they'd get this mucg attention! :D Really pleased!

Sadly I know about the money, i couldn't make it any larger, as it may have compromised the actual shot... Although thinking on that, i still have some chocolate money in the fridge from Christmas I should have used!! :LOL:

And sadly i didn't notice the close crop on the window on the industry shot, it was literally a 'ohh, this might look good in B&W... SNAP'. Still a lot of you still like it so I didn't do too badly! lol

I like the barbed wire. The industry shot is really good too. Great ones.

In Root I see the NT and get where you're coming from, but it doesn't quite do it for me. Sorry if I'm being negative, I don't want to knock your idea. It's a good take, but the photo for me falls a bit short.

Back