Clives 52 in 2020

Number 2 is my favourite but there all great. You definitely appear to be in a precarious position getting these for our viewing pleasure

All great shots for wild, I wish I had the chance to have got out to the seaside, but unfortunately there is no way I could get out today.
Thanks Rick, it was quite refreshing down there today.
Great shots and I think you picked the right one for the main thread. Hope you and your kit didn't get too damp!
Thank you Shugpug, it was raining too, lucky my EM5 ii is weather proof, although my lens wasn't. Gave it all a good wipe down when I got back!
They certainly depict "Wild" Clive.
Each and every one of them.
Thank you Cobra, well worth the effort.
Number 2 is my favourite but there all great. You definitely appear to be in a precarious position getting these for our viewing pleasure
Thank you Stuart. I stayed safe, although kneeling down to get under the pier shot one rogue wave made my knees wet!

Nice set - and aye a bit blowy :)

Snappers Choice: Prefer the second, could probably have taken a filter but it's still a great shot.

Wild: Bang on subject and a good capture.

Definitely wild seas! 1st shot is my favourite, but I like the pier too.
I bet that made quite a noise under the pier as the waves rushed in?

All 3 are good shots and all work for the Theme I like number 2 best

Well captured waves. I do wish I lived closer to a coastline sometimes.

Spot on theme captures the wildness of the storm very well.

Hi Heather, it's before you go over the river Arun going to Littlehampton from Bognor Regis on the A259, follow sign to Rope Walk, follow up towards golf club, pay to park along the track or the car park at the end, or park in rope walk, take the footpath beside the track on the left and you come out where this is. Worth going all the way to the beach.
Thank you for your comment. I used the timer so I could get my shadow out of shot.

Ahh thank you for that, I will let you know how I get on.. I drove by the other day and the fire service and coastguard were rescuing an animal off the silt at low tide following the storms, looked like cattle or a horse, not sure if it was alive :(

So playing catch up, I love the views from Bury Hill, especially when the mist is sitting over the Amberley Museum. I like the tones you have captured, very subtle. The farmers are ploughing their fields at the mo so it is adding something to the view. I love all seascapes so am torn as like both photos.
I completely forgot Bognor pier, I took my shots of the waves on the beach and my other half looked at them and said that they didn’t do the waves justice... I needed something in the foreground to give people an idea of the height of the waves.
You did this, and perfectly too. I was so busy trying to stay stood up as the waves swilling around my calves was strong, so a few of mine weren’t in focus. Yours are perfect! Big thumbs up from your last 2 weeks from me.

Nice set - and aye a bit blowy :)
Thanks Dave, more to come this weekend too.

Snappers Choice: Prefer the second, could probably have taken a filter but it's still a great shot.

Wild: Bang on subject and a good capture.
Cheers Bob, I wish I had had a filter with me.

Definitely wild seas! 1st shot is my favourite, but I like the pier too.
I bet that made quite a noise under the pier as the waves rushed in?
Thanks Bebop the pier shots were my favourites, noisy and wet!

All 3 are good shots and all work for the Theme I like number 2 best
Thank you Minx

Well captured waves. I do wish I lived closer to a coastline sometimes.
We moved here just for the sea.

Perfect on theme, and a great capture of the force
Thank you Donna

Spot on theme captures the wildness of the storm very well.
Thank you Roger

So playing catch up, I love the views from Bury Hill, especially when the mist is sitting over the Amberley Museum. I like the tones you have captured, very subtle. The farmers are ploughing their fields at the mo so it is adding something to the view. I love all seascapes so am torn as like both photos.
I completely forgot Bognor pier, I took my shots of the waves on the beach and my other half looked at them and said that they didn’t do the waves justice... I needed something in the foreground to give people an idea of the height of the waves.
You did this, and perfectly too. I was so busy trying to stay stood up as the waves swilling around my calves was strong, so a few of mine weren’t in focus. Yours are perfect! Big thumbs up from your last 2 weeks from me.
Thank you Heather.

A costly drop then, nice little reflection and yes I`d say that is broken.
Thanks Dave, it's sitting on some bathroom scales as they made a nice background.

Broken - ouch! Nicely taken but not something I’d like to see more of!
Thanks Bebop, I hope I don't do it again!

Wild: A great series Clive. Shows just how rough the weather was. You did well to hold onto your camera and avoid it being...
Broken: That's looks like it was an expensive drop. Nicely captured in mono.

Ouch! yep, I'd say that was broken Clive !
On the plus side I bought myself a new camera.
Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Wild: A great series Clive. Shows just how rough the weather was. You did well to hold onto your camera and avoid it being...
Broken: That's looks like it was an expensive drop. Nicely captured in mono.
Thank you Pete it was a wild day and I have been told the next tide was even worse...or Better, but it was about midnight so I didn't bother.

Ouch! yep, I'd say that was broken Clive !

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.
Yes it does Mr Cobra...a nice shiny E-M5 mkii (y)

I like the b&w processing. Good choice on the background - makes the whole image very sharp. Shame about the lens though!

Nice sharp shot I also like the reflection

A good reflection to keep it grounded. Looks good in b&w, although the lens itself doesn't look to be in good shape.

Bet you wish you had a cheap UV filter to protect it from that damage ;)
Was it one of those items you keep not knowing if you can do something with it? (I have a box full of thingymajigs that fall into that category!!))
Great reflection and definitely meets the theme

Bet you wish you had a cheap UV filter to protect it from that damage ;)
Was it one of those items you keep not knowing if you can do something with it? (I have a box full of thingymajigs that fall into that category!!))
Great reflection and definitely meets the theme
Hi Stuart it is in cupboard waiting to be disposed of but I keep it thinking I might need the lens mount...or something. I think the filter would have died too, it was quite a drop.

Snappers Choice - No 2 for me too I love the bright light and reflections

Wild - Great set of images I would have picked No 1 out of the set for the main tread but they are all equally as good.

Broken - Ouch love the reflection and B&W conversion works really well.

Snappers Choice - No 2 for me too I love the bright light and reflections

Wild - Great set of images I would have picked No 1 out of the set for the main tread but they are all equally as good.

Broken - Ouch love the reflection and B&W conversion works really well.
Thank you Mark

A nice set for the wild theme, looked really nasty down south in the storm, we are lucky up here, just a mild zephyr :)
Pity about the lens, but you nailed the shot with a nice reflection to boot.

I bet everyone cringes at the thought, but well taken shot with the reflection
Thanks Donna, I have to confess when it happened I was more than a little upset.

A nice set for the wild theme, looked really nasty down south in the storm, we are lucky up here, just a mild zephyr :)
Pity about the lens, but you nailed the shot with a nice reflection to boot.
Cheers Paul, it was worse that night! Can't deny that dropping the camera and lens was a pain.

Well taken shot for broken, that's a shame :)

Week 8 Ability

The ability to see long distances. 1934 Barr & Stroud CF41 binoculars that I inherited from my grandfather.
The engineering on these is amazing, they have internal colour filters in grey orange and green, not sure why though.
IMG_20200226_211259.jpgIMG_20200226_205115.jpgIMG_20200226_211746.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bit of history there :)

Back