Clives 52 in 2020

3 Great shots, if I had to choose i favorite it would be the first with the tall wave.

Last edited:
Shot of beach pleasure walkers is also one of my few ideas. Of the three images, I prefer #2. I can just feel the cold blustery sea wind and the smell of the seawater.
Thanks Stan, it was quite spectacular today especially as it was so nice.
Love both 1 and 2. Well captured! The waves look awesome.
Thanks Joan, and a lovely day too.

Number 2 for me too, greta shots. Very nice :)

Great set of images for Pleasure Clive, great colours and details love the fact you've caught the breaking waves.

Amazing waves.. agree #1 has the "power" factor that makes rough seas so much fun

Hugely evocative! Very nicely captured - I can feel the wind in my face from here!
Thanks Shugpug. It's a lovely smell!
Great set of images for Pleasure Clive, great colours and details love the fact you've caught the breaking waves.
Thanks Mark, that was my favourite of about 45 taken.
Amazing waves.. agree #1 has the "power" factor that makes rough seas so much fun
Thank you Helen, much nicer to look at than a calm one.

Good composition with the eye drawn to the movement in the waves which pretty much follow the Rule of Thirds.
For me the waves provide the interest in the shot not only because of the movement but they dominate the scene making me look at their relationship to the beach and town.
The focus retains interest in the shot with some good detailing in the beach foreground.
Smack on theme, who could not enjoy being there?
The exposure copes well with the dark foreboding sea to detail retained in the sky and nice crisp whites.

Last edited:
Good composition with the eye drawn to the movement in the waves which pretty much follow the Rule of Thirds.
For me the waves provide the interest in the shot not only because of the movement but they dominate the scene making me look at their relationship to the beach and town.
The focus retains interest in the shot with some good detailing in the beach foreground.
Smack on theme, who could not enjoy being there?
The exposure copes well with the dark foreboding sea to detail retained in the sky and nice crisp whites.
Thank you sir for those few kind words

An interesting compilation I like the layout and its nice to see a bit of colour I like the blue

Terrific image(s) Clive!:clap:
Great minds eh?!:LOL:

So...are CK the same company as Ceka?
Yours certainly have some miles on them, but I'm sure they'll last for many years to come...they are quality!

I like the collage presentation - there's some really nice, sharp details and the blue background compliments perfectly.

Terrific image(s) Clive!:clap:
Great minds eh?!:LOL:

So...are CK the same company as Ceka?
Yours certainly have some miles on them, but I'm sure they'll last for many years to come...they are quality!

I like the collage presentation - there's some really nice, sharp details and the blue background compliments perfectly.
Hi Gareth, I believe the CeKa brand was the German brand as opposed to the American branding....but not totally sure. But damn good tools at the time i got these the competition to them were Lindstrom which were also damn good.

Last edited:
I really like the collage - the layout and all around view(s) work really well. The bright blue doesn't quite do it for me I'm afraid, but then again it's a nice contrast against the elderly (but excellent) tool.

Clever shot well executed.

Thanks Shugpug, I struggled to get a nice background, that is a box that my business cards came in with the tool on top of the base of the box and the lid on its side behind it. I would have preferred something less colourfu or maybe one of the big old printed circuit boards full of çomponents that the cutters got used on.

A nice selection of shots from different angles

Bottom left shot for me too. Maybe they would work well in mono too?

A nice selection of shots from different angles
Thank you Tilley
Bottom left shot for me too. Maybe they would work well in mono too?
Thanks Rick I did try a couple in mono but the tool was a bit lost, probably needed to up the contrast.

Hi Clive,

I like the collage, different presentation which works well, colour works well overall. Not sure about the bottom centre one, difficult to work out what is the other gray shape is.

Pete

Hi Clive,

I like the collage, different presentation which works well, colour works well overall. Not sure about the bottom centre one, difficult to work out what is the other gray shape is.

Pete
Thank you Pete, the black bit is a leather tool wallet, and as you spotted I didn't position it quite right.

Back