Cloudforest's 52 for 2023, Week 26, Watching

I nice shot Pete, the white background makes the blossoms pop.

Nice simple image for spring the pink blossom against the white background is really effective

Week 14 Smooth and Tech, Black and White

TP52 2023 Week 14 Smooth by Peter C, on Flickr
A memorial to the Wentworth family made of of smooth Alabaster (made even smoother by the last few hundred years of people running their hands over it)

Nice bit o'smooooth Pete.

Lovely texture and detail in this one. You can see why touching it is quite irresistable.

Spring is great - the colours af green and purple really pop against teh white. the daigonals of the branches work really well too

Smooth is good too - captures the smoothness of the smooth parts, and also the texture of the beard and the hair

Lovely texture and detail in this one. You can see why touching it is quite irresistable.
Thanks Helen.
Nice B&W Image Pete, looks very smooth.
Cheers Pete
Good detail and B&W image, smooth too!
Thanks Gav.
Spring is great - the colours af green and purple really pop against teh white. the daigonals of the branches work really well too

Smooth is good too - captures the smoothness of the smooth parts, and also the texture of the beard and the hair
Much appreciated Graham.

Well I can definitely see what you saw. the reflections on the floor are great. I also like the way the pew? leads you to the window.

Great reflections, and nicely shot. Stained glass windows can be so hard to photograph well

I am in agreement with Nicky and Simon above the reflections and the wood panels lead the viewer up to the stained glass. A very pleasing image.

Was thinking it was just a stained glass window shot, then scrolled down to get the.. (was going to say reflections... But I don't think they are are they??). Projections maybe??

Lovely shot though. Especially with the warmth of the wood and the diagonal shadows to the rear.

the floor projections/reflections make this shot. Are they coming from a side window?

On an iPad just saw the window and thought that’s nice ish then scrolled to see the whole picture, the shadows and light on the floor makes the shot.

Well I can definitely see what you saw. the reflections on the floor are great. I also like the way the pew? leads you to the window.
Thanks Nicky.
Great reflections, and nicely shot. Stained glass windows can be so hard to photograph well
Thanks Simon. I get plenty of opportunity to photograph stained glass.

I am in agreement with Nicky and Simon above the reflections and the wood panels lead the viewer up to the stained glass. A very pleasing image.
Cheers Bill.

Was thinking it was just a stained glass window shot, then scrolled down to get the.. (was going to say reflections... But I don't think they are are they??). Projections maybe??

Lovely shot though. Especially with the warmth of the wood and the diagonal shadows to the rear.
Thanks Graham. The patterns on the floor are from a window to the right.

Nice capture, the coloured light through the glass is lovely, great angles.
Thanks Gav.

interesting shot of the church
Thanks Allan.

the floor projections/reflections make this shot. Are they coming from a side window?
Thanks Peter. Yes they are from a side window which is has coloured glass in it but not with a full picture.

Great shafts of light - well spotted and composed.
Thanks Helen

On an iPad just saw the window and thought that’s nice ish then scrolled to see the whole picture, the shadows and light on the floor makes the shot.
Thanks Keith

Love your liquid shot, the colours are really nice.

Lovely clear liquid, with the interest of the rocks and plants and shells... Nice colours, and its good to see the shadow section next to the light area for contrast.

Connected works well too, great light giving a nice bright yellow, well composed with the signle pole, andthe ones running off in the BG balance it nicely.

Last edited:
Love your liquid shot, the colours are really nice.
Thanks Roger

Love the rockpool shot!
Thanks Simon

Lovely clear liquid, with the interest of the rocks and plants and shells... Nice colours, and its good to see the shadow section next to the light area for contrast.

Connected works well too, great light giving a nice bright yellow, well composed with the signle pole, andthe ones running off in the BG balance it nicely.
Cheers Graham. Much appreciated.

Back