Cloudforest's 52 for 2023, Week 26, Watching

I like that a lot Pete.
Thanks Simon.

My kind of place looks very peaceful, good idea for snappers choice.
Cheers Allan. There were a just few folks about on Sunday and we spent a lovely quiet couple of hours there.

Nice wide angle giving lots of foreground interest. Great blue sky and light on the cliffs.
Thanks Graham.

Beautiful seascape Pete.
Much appreciated Bill.

Transparenet, works well with the bright colours
Snappers choice, nice looking foreshore and cliffs. Nice sky and plenty of detail in the rocks

Pete

Lovely landscape and nicely composed - the foreground really pulls you into the shot.

Spot on for the theme, The alignment of the keys jars a little for me, but i guess thats how they were sat!

Well lit and exposed - nice detail and warmth in the wood grain.

Fits the theme, although the pedant in me thinks they are stops, not knobs :)

Of course I suppose you could say one is using a knob to pull out the stop, you could also say I'm over-thinking this!

Last edited:
Yep - nicely knobby :)

Mrs Oy says they're called 'Stops' :shrug:

Great timing and well spotted. Have to say there are a number of double entendres in there.. or is it just me :coat:
Thanks Helen. I think it's been a bit of a week for the double entendre!

Spot on for the theme, The alignment of the keys jars a little for me, but i guess thats how they were sat!

Well lit and exposed - nice detail and warmth in the wood grain.
Thanks Graham. I did try for a better composition but I was a bit limited for camera position unfortunately.

A fine group of knobs, and a timely visit !
Thanks Keith. I'm pleased I rembered to check my phone for the new theme just as I was leaving the church.

Very nice image for snappers choice, good lighting lovely and peaceful looking place.
Thanks Dave, Hope you're doing okay.

Well spotted I wonder what a super octave is
Thanks Allan. I've just looked it up and I'm non the wiser!

I wonder what Swell to Great is?

Good Spot.
Thanks Pete. The mind boggles!

Fits the theme, although the pedant in me thinks they are stops, not knobs :)

Of course I suppose you could say one is using a knob to pull out the stop, you could also say I'm over-thinking this!
I'm working on the theory that there are knobs on the stops :)

Yep - nicely knobby :)

Mrs Oy says they're called 'Stops' :shrug:
Thanks Dave.

Great picture, I wonder how different they make the organ sound.
Thanks Simon.

I've not heard this organ sadly.

Excellent low angle image for snapper's choice. Looks a lovely place.
Knobs - well you convinced me.

Nice bit of stone that :)

Plenty of letters there - all unneccessary!

Interest in the textures and liking the inclusion of the view beyond

Interesting and unusual take on the theme, I probably would never have thought of that.

Adndyet Banksy does something akin to this and people flock to see his work; it's all graffiti to me. Well-spotted.

Although I agree the letters shouldn't be there at all, its very good, different, approach to the theme.

Good composition to give an idea of the remote location. I agree... why do people have to leave their "mark"?

Nice details in the rock and the background, not liking the fact that the letters are there.

A good submission Pete. I agree, not such a good place to find them though.

Plenty of letters there - all unneccessary!

Interest in the textures and liking the inclusion of the view beyond
Thanks Graham

Interesting and unusual take on the theme, I probably would never have thought of that.
Thanks Nicky

Adndyet Banksy does something akin to this and people flock to see his work; it's all graffiti to me. Well-spotted.
Cheers Martin

Although I agree the letters shouldn't be there at all, its very good, different, approach to the theme.
Thanks Sophie

Good composition to give an idea of the remote location. I agree... why do people have to leave their "mark"?
Thanks Helen. I had an alternative of spray painted letters on trees. That annoyed me too!

Nice details in the rock and the background, not liking the fact that the letters are there.
Cheers Pete

A good submission Pete. I agree, not such a good place to find them though.
Thanks Bill. Trouble is, when one person does it, the rest follow.

That's a great image Pete. Love the soft light on the eggs, the pop of colour of the bananas. Like the composition, 3 bananas, 2 eggs and one slice of loaf work well.

Lovely. Bet it tastes good too!

Yum Yum! :)

Looks very tasty. Works well and a good idea for the tech.

That's a great image Pete. Love the soft light on the eggs, the pop of colour of the bananas. Like the composition, 3 bananas, 2 eggs and one slice of loaf work well.

Lovely. Bet it tastes good too!
Thanks Graham. It didn't taste too bad at all!

Thanks Dave

Nice shot and looks so yummy.
Cheers Dave. It was yummy and has all gone now!

Looks very tasty. Works well and a good idea for the tech.
Thanks Helen. I'm not leaving tech until the last week again :)

Nice image, great use of DoF and lighting, makes me feel hungry!

Back