weekly Craigle's 52 Week Challenge in 2013

8394794657_7de75a3654_b.jpg

Week 2: Season
This was taken at about 7am when it was dark, hence the noise from 1600 ISO

Interesting sense of motion going on. Has a bit of a blair witch aesthetic to it.

I like the idea behind your first image! That spot is my only pick up in the Centre! Nice change of approach!

I agree sledging uses gravity! I thought it looked like you where all flying at first! Im not seeing the sledge also!

Welcome to the 52 from me also!

It was only when they got there without a sledge that they realised the gravity of their situation. Interesting picture and composition though I may have upped the vibrancy and added a vignette.

i like the 1st image and i really like the B&W conversion my only crit would be for it to be in better focas around the mouth and whiskers. looks more sleepy than wild lol just like my cat, never awake.

Limited time, I'm afraid, so quick comments...

Yawning cat. Well captured and the B&W works for me. #2 for me, pity the clipped ear.

Cheers.

Ah, you spotted the lack of a sledge! :D

For space, I decided to go with a slightly different take on it. This is burning ethanol, something that is turning out to be a space-age clean fuel.

8473580284_6b6349a7da_b.jpg

Decided to bake a cake for gluttony. Looking forward to eating the rest later on!
8499486865_352b7797ee_b.jpg

Liking your cake, Craig; it's the topping that makes it gluttonous I think! I like the OOF bits on the right, but somehow the left OOF bits are annoying me; maybe if it had been a bit squarer?

Hi Craig, like gluttony. Well composed, like the low angle, overall lighting is good, just a few small hot spots.

I think I'd like to see it all in focus and a tad more room on the right.

That said, it's one of my favourite Gluttony submission.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone. Yes I agree the DoF is a bit shallow and the backlighting in corners is annoying, perhaps this one will come up again later in the year for me to have another go!

Post collapse....gonna need some narrative, I'm afraid :thinking:

Cheers.

:LOL: Here's to trying to be different! Well it's time after society has collapsed. The post meaning subsequent, so relating to time too. Even I had trouble drawing a meaning at first! :bonk:

Hi Craig

imaginative take on Time...after the apocalypse feel to it

Juxtaposition....well done for not getting all the match's to ignite...could maybe do with toning down the WB a smidge as feels very orangy , flames are not easy to capture...was this handheld ? If it was & you don;t have a tripod try resting the camera on a sturdy cushion & using it's self timer to let it settle before it fires of the shot

Hi, Juxtaposition, on theme and :clap: for this. I've done these and they are not easy. Nice addition of smoke as well. Pity the matches weren't sharper.

Cheers.

Wow that's a nice pic, Craig, although the flame looks a bit blown. Not surprising, of course!

Back