weekly Crazylady's 52 for 2014 - End and Positive added

Ending, good lines and I'm a fan of pushing the upper third high in the frame.

Positive, explanation is needed, for me :), and I like the detail. Although it's fundemental to the theme, it does look washed out.

Cheers.

I like ending (y) but for me it would work better with a crop off the bottom to get rid of the wall running from the right :thinking: :)

Positive, yes, I like this, it needs the explanation, but works (y) great detail in the key and the bg's certainly clean and white :)

Ending - I like this though I'd also crop the bottom out to bring the groin leading in from the bottom LH corner.

Positive - A bit flaky for the theme but a nice image although a little soft. Good use of DOF

Hi Hazel,
Ending, I like this scene and how you have captured it, the post at the end of the groyne is echoed in the chimney of the power station in the distance (y)

Positive, I too get it with your explanation which isn't a bad thing at all, sometimes our ideas need some help ;)
The image itself, i do enjoy looking at it, lots of detail in there, I particularly like the high key effect.

Hi bit of a crop off the bottom and LHS of ending might work better :thinking:
Positive I get it with your explanation, nice composition too

Thanks Allan. I did have another 2 options for end which I think I will also put up.
Pleased but bit worried for your sanity - that you get my off the wall thinking process!
:D

Good ending shot, nice colour scheme chosen and it's kind of solemn (is that the right word?). I like it.
Secondly, the Positive shot is a good one - nice lighting, but it's a very tenuous link to the theme!

Hi Simon
I agree that it is a solemn image, wasnt intended to be, and not how I usually work, but hey!
Positive - well I am crazy you know....!!!!!
:D:D:D

Ending, good lines and I'm a fan of pushing the upper third high in the frame.

Positive, explanation is needed, for me :), and I like the detail. Although it's fundemental to the theme, it does look washed out.

Cheers.

I like ending (y) but for me it would work better with a crop off the bottom to get rid of the wall running from the right :thinking: :)

Positive, yes, I like this, it needs the explanation, but works (y) great detail in the key and the bg's certainly clean and white :)

Thanks Andy and Phil :)

Ending - I like this though I'd also crop the bottom out to bring the groin leading in from the bottom LH corner.

Positive - A bit flaky for the theme but a nice image although a little soft. Good use of DOF

Yes, I did wonder about doing that, guess it would make the image simpler and maybe therefore work better :)

Hi Hazel :)

Of the last couple I'm preferring the seascape, the positive image is a tad too bright for me, most of the detail is blown away :)

Good to see you getting some shots up again !!!

Thanks Dark Knight.
As said before my idea is that the image is +exposed - hence the washed out look I agree it has. I would not usually present my high key stuff so light as this, but did it to "fit" the theme. ;)

Hi Hazel,
Ending, I like this scene and how you have captured it, the post at the end of the groyne is echoed in the chimney of the power station in the distance (y)

Positive, I too get it with your explanation which isn't a bad thing at all, sometimes our ideas need some help ;)
The image itself, i do enjoy looking at it, lots of detail in there, I particularly like the high key effect.

Thanks Iain, I quite like high key stuff as a rule anyway, although usually have much more contrast and blacks/dark tones. :D

Hi Hazel

Ending...like the processing & the subject :) . Been playing with the crop......as per beckboy I'd be inclined to crop so the groyne leads in from the lower lh corner....or slightly more radical & ( contentious I suspect) I'd crop the horizon down to the sea & leave the lower sideways groyne in place :thinking:

Positive.... made sense when I read your words 9 I am soooo gulity of crowbarring a theme to a photo I can't knock some one else :D ) I actually really like the high key effect ,great dof , angle & bg (y)

Hi Hazel like your ending but it does look very grey and miserable there (y)
Love the positive but struggle a bit as to whether its on theme, its a cracking picture (y)(y)

Thanks Judi
Ending - it was another lovely british rainy day and I had to even dodge the rain for a while to get this shot!
Positive - yeah, know its a bit woolly - just like my mind!:D

Hi Hazel

Ending...like the processing & the subject :) . Been playing with the crop.... .or slightly more radical & ( contentious I suspect) I'd crop the horizon down to the sea & leave the lower sideways groyne in place :thinking:

Now that one I hadn't thought of............. definitely liking the thinking Lynne ;)

[/quote] Positive.... made sense when I read your words 9 I am soooo gulity of crowbarring a theme to a photo I can't knock some one else :D ) I actually really like the high key effect ,great dof , angle & bg (y)[/quote]

Glad its not just me that likes to think off the wall - welcome to the world of craziness! :banana:

Ending - I'm finding this a bit too grey to lift this away from a snap to mono category I'm afraid

Positive - I quite like this one. The high key (groan ;)) approach is well suited to give some interest to the subject.

Ending - I'm finding this a bit too grey to lift this away from a snap to mono category I'm afraid

Positive - I quite like this one. The high key (groan ;)) approach is well suited to give some interest to the subject.

Thanks Peter
If i am entirely honest then ending is not one of my best efforts and was a grab shot to fit the theme.

Back