weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

No.2 for me, the camera bits aren't doing anything for me, the second one is possibly my favourite one of the week though it is slightly underexposed

First one is nicely lined up but I think I prefer the second. It's nice the way the OOF background tree to the right echos the subject in the bottle but I might have tried to make it just a tad brighter/warmer in the foreground
Second one for me, very pleasing to the eye.
#1 looks a bit bland, in #2 there's so much more to see. Nice autumnal colours and good use of DoF.
Definitely #2 David .. .I think that's a very artistic composition. Lighting and DoF both good.
Thank chaps ... I'm a little chuffed with #2 myself.

No.2 for me, the camera bits aren't doing anything for me, the second one is possibly my favourite one of the week though it is slightly underexposed
"..... favourite one of the week" .... thank you Allen ..... :D

"..... slightly underexposed" .... shot at EC -0.3 ... though it better than at zero.

... catching up on my reshoots, been to Parliament Square today, got a shot of Gandhi's foot for Personal, and boredom outside The Supreme Court for Topical.

Week 25's reshoot of Week 12 Personal
muxpRXyNaY6t8Mv_DsPf0bhd83W9HgdTGnM6jV_sXTsrXQJ1j0IWLCpmYk-dDCS7J15aliCYGZMFGm4Xs7LSWahKOsl0JijQ3XuN7qnHRIK5VvpwdVvsS-kJcG4HmTNjhS1nQuDzp6mfP8r0Pk5r62zC1trDUdVPXHJKB8_N3VPUxzishBrbEeAxfGbYn6UkOPllESFPvGtsx3nOkN7lA0yhYaYRtBv9jt0DX9rRoMVflyg_KIKNiDa6_VDo6_JwYVx6u1paUoJi7EGC0-QA-emOmEwgxwNKo671OQWYsjI9MhuEP7f6YI678A7UYW0DddIUo8IuoVRxgBhDlZ9PhoAxOuJDsLL0tFBxjBVTjt34mRiPxAj3O0PnCjUGPvcFs5b_nVWs4PGQVz3FCTzb79Sq8WZmJEg2uEOITZHizJ827uIm4_EYgRePgIpN_4oayQcjPxHTaQeag5Br9jDpD3t3bjnw1doV9JLaQsQn701A-iHWMMrhSZGZOZI71TSAZTBOYWZyo29LJIWMim_GLyRb00KJx5yjCT2DQ82LVFSG86R-3NnLl3CcppjderqNGpoEqaRt-eAtZl2dO7b7Hkgk_ENF9eRBzgxf8caKUX0M-uhVO0ezxg-QCDffPh_4c2ObP7WbVCX4fGOKryrpR_CM4kczNZ91wNwG6wUPcg=w1520-h917-no

Week 10's reshoot of Week 8 Topical
jPBSIh36YT4YxlB3hAvw6fdpR9Za2QFit23wvM_3TD-25TdZw0ockHynVCTUAXYk0lR9HNRZs1yVTzP9ySCkECQGCLpIw5A0r1vN0WgKkZF8aa6yr22UAGDCeiqAGc_UZUKxUMXGlq5FsgOOZITfGVOM0DVO6mW3cz1ULln8QoiuAzomsbfN0L174dj6sOjhY-WMbuJ_-f7HvGHSK9b_1WpAng1FWQYgn20IV-61UpXtFEhvQfB89BZwi8gFRQE_vRlfzySlt2RiZVQ9bIZr3Cbfxdq73v6Wu7kjKuhsVmyj_XyI9r9bM-Bsn6PmtAR4uqKLZCJoki7JTaMO-39nBiOGp8XsP8NSZCgyFGHl0hi5xwAvlH0hRPsj5YRji9-ii9_uALcdH9RUgJ995u9GdD8bIAFGpWWGk6xPjmySvKRAhqSJ22D3dekWUyTbRRx86ASArgOHsd5DHWhOaIS7GwdJBjIGF8MI663ctUshJVrwHkqWM1Yr4pN0_2ZJp9297XstuywAt297VOXJOpP9pDgzaj8PsWwR6Uu7TYfLTh0PH8WxQAYUJzubGvCPM_PW_hRd7aL5qZwSWLknBRaxTH7sFRkzUbOtGmDkP_cush3bxuuJL2g6LoUxWJ5ZRaWNzjoFyqitXsGa0jq-TZ787KQ34k2FynIfCEXsGYB0NQ=w1001-h917-no

"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

Of the 2 it's #2 for me. The big leaf is a slight distraction and it's a little flat/under exposed but nice detail and low POV

Cheers.

Hi d00d ....the first one is very much on theme for Arranged but it has to be the second one for me, that's very arty, great composition and focus, I love it, I could hang that on my wall.
re shoots...excellent idea with Gandhi's foot, a very unique choice for the topic. Spot on too with topical.

Reshoots - Ghandi's foot is an interesting choice, the patina on the bronze kind of reminds me water and that copper was on the news tonight, doesn't get more topical.

Great choice for Personal - the sandaled foot is quite symbolic of Ghandi. Topical is bang on theme - love the expressions and the tantalising peek inside.

Of the 2 it's #2 for me. The big leaf is a slight distraction and it's a little flat/under exposed but nice detail and low POV

Cheers.
(y)
Hi d00d ....the first one is very much on theme for Arranged but it has to be the second one for me, that's very arty, great composition and focus, I love it, I could hang that on my wall.
re shoots...excellent idea with Gandhi's foot, a very unique choice for the topic. Spot on too with topical.
Thanks susie ... help yourself. ;)
Reshoots - Ghandi's foot is an interesting choice, the patina on the bronze kind of reminds me water and that copper was on the news tonight, doesn't get more topical.
thanks ... I saw that chap BBC's Ben Brown there, I've now seen Ben and that copper on iPlayer. :)
I like your second arranged a lot, and the leaf doesn't distract at all for me...but have to agree that it does feel slightly dark.
Yeah that leaf is a bonus. :) A couple of you find it a bit dark, perhaps it is technically, but it's the way I like it. Having said that it does look a bit flat on my laptop but glorious on my desktop PC and HD TV.
I'm liking the colours and composition on one and the context and expressions on two, One is a tad soft though, so number two takes it (y)
Hi DK ... this comment threw me but now I get it, you're talking Cultural. The perfect crit. Thanks.
I liked one, sort of, but number two is a cracker, being picky I'd loved the bottle turned a tad, other than that the whole image holds together really well, a very creative idea mate :clap:
Know what you mean about the bottle now you mention it. And creative! Cheers.
Great choice for Personal - the sandaled foot is quite symbolic of Ghandi. Topical is bang on theme - love the expressions and the tantalising peek inside.
Symbolic yes I guess. Cheers Carl.

Hey d00d,

Arranged:
I want to prefer the Nikon shot, but the second shot has so much more going for it. Composition, low Pov, more to look at etc.

Personal Re-Shoot:
Well, it's certainly up close & personal, it's a good close up shot.

Topical Re-Shoot:
Oh, I (finally) get it, it's the EU. On theme then. The one part of the shot that does pique my interest is the chap in the doorway. You wonder what he's looking at.

Another vote for the second image from me as well.....
I really like the DOF and context .

Very nice David, clear and crisp ( and dare I say even? :D )
Thanks boss, you can say deep and crisp and even if you like.:D

Nicely arranged David, but it would have been even better, had you not used the wrong subject matter :D
Is this a Nikon/Canon rivalry notation?:D

Hey d00d,

Arranged:
I want to prefer the Nikon shot, but the second shot has so much more going for it. Composition, low Pov, more to look at etc.

Personal Re-Shoot:
Well, it's certainly up close & personal, it's a good close up shot.

Topical Re-Shoot:
Oh, I (finally) get it, it's the EU. On theme then. The one part of the shot that does pique my interest is the chap in the doorway. You wonder what he's looking at.
Thanks for that Tim .... re the chap in the doorway .... feel free to add your own caption. :D

Another vote for the second image from me as well.....
I really like the DOF and context .
Thank you Mark. (y)

Last edited:
Hi David. Cleverly simple composition for the theme - excellent DoF. Looks just the place to rest up with a cuppa.

That photo works very well. Nicely composed, excellent DoF and brilliant colours.

Good concept, the blue mug and jug are well captured but I think the pink mug looks a tad flat, I guess it's a bit brighter and hard to balance the lighting.

Hi David. Cleverly simple composition for the theme - excellent DoF. Looks just the place to rest up with a cuppa.
That photo works very well. Nicely composed, excellent DoF and brilliant colours.
Good idea, the mugs really stand out
Good concept, the blue mug and jug are well captured but I think the pink mug looks a tad flat, I guess it's a bit brighter and hard to balance the lighting.
Nice colours, nice thinking.:)
Subtly done David, tres clever.
The foliage on the LHS works well to balance the composition too (y)
Thanks for all the kind words, I've been holding off, waiting to see if anyone questioned my techniques, not yet. Yes "brilliant colours", "the mugs really stand out" because of the shallow DoF as much as anything ..... now's the time to come clean.

The mugs are white, painted in PP.:D

As a Nikon shooter I should pick No1 but it has to be No 2 for arranged what a cracking image.

Love your take on Male/Female lovely bright colours of the mugs really stand out

Thanks all so much for your comments/input. (y)

Just finishing off 2016 Out & About is OK but I thought I had a couple on my camera for Celebration, but viewing them now on my PC I'm not too happy with either. May see what can be rescued.

Week 51 Out & About ... taken at dusk on winter solstice, coming in to land at Lisbon .... same airline we were up & about in a few days earlier.
OxGuNvPk2WCQS1g2uk-78VjcjQCI7iLOsHUdHmTl9Q-gUBuBesrYDgVC_Cs0q11LQQns0NpVu5CnaQzQrVl0QPUxglZMttJvcdGD7ZbmkZ4S-L30CrX_WcJYVPbkbXJLy5hPHwCeR-QCDRlG7uA2TNM00bv9Pm3tI0y8Pxrd44QkAcoRquFk10ZwKpxrmDnYdqu9quRdXBA4HHTX0ho67WMEEwdPsPNp8q-uIejvUD36WOBlJuq5lQtR_01BQRpy_oxvFWIiQHQHM_2F95ab89piQManRurf2iIhdtOcsKBwWbBYlpIC-Wf-lRdzzU1bE4Ck_li4w-nENH8jhCdCc8KNajYRG-XekqPruwaaY6Lh8AwkTiQsy8_hShb5RXiLbAKrUCQjyC88Uu6pt1tGvDgTnD4lQpIdSZVGP2kE3hSi-2P4LV5Y76Jq3NRzYjX_Kgx6whd32y1pHT6bwCQJxQfChARJOqjSUrBkY9mahCdCf-D3BTxTkljrYZosbeQao4UrEhPAWXwdj8ssMCko6xPao92LMJgccp_08t_532lNY-C_GKKhoZzt3-dh-FAmNgpRgh7oexP4a4xLoKCE2FmKJDJxVhRAODBIHKG1_bjaAia2eMrGPXxcUv9z2IJ4Mv4lmrXno8heKc4ipr-7vGXjxqQgqxzTboAWLl392A=w1854-h917-no

Didn't want to leave my 52 in 2016 incomplete so been looking through some holiday snaps from that week and found one with a Christmas tree that says Celebration, I think. Taken in a small town up the coast in a Trad. Mercado selling fruit & veg mostly. The tree is ordinary but the sole decoration in this big barn with sky lights, thought I might be able to do something with it but all I'v done really is tidy up and dreamify the BG. I guess no one will even see it but it completes my own personal record of 2016.

52 Celebration

0LQoz4Jp6aFadYOVpy1FKxra1ahXnYHOe1HwVG__T9ItYli2km8W5HrmHWAZe_-ZVciud4y0USNs3FPcZ5jUQERTN17ROcXqOmJ0Cql1iXIlZOFzbfXaKQsOA104x-W-KntpExT0NfyhOmUljfPOy9ePCXST8lfQm8jYBaS6nKV-zw9NumYCB9by30Ai__PIGsYiI9qYuXBpyvpSnEeaG6tQLILooC7onaBEvwrDW7KFatd6BPeYvFC-SkXhcDddKxyYZRI-1z3h3VMx7liS73TAwLlILr7Fgf6Zz9VJj5xVx9hXbArMcsoc3zg7t3W2wr0ePtLmt9uY2MT9fnGUe-y3dl7Y1cU7jLVwQF6ucuatOZXlJyonpfl-B5IlCMwi0oYBhJ8-mjMRD4bXtJJNJ-HIP8tAhfTTOutvFEW8fHtWEh9MDDGJTCOHg4IOs-2TghP-Iy2d9y9J2eWBeX3JUG-RQ2x_5XMgKg8ESTQirpMq2QQN7O1bI3W5xbMTHbfp7CY5xd_bro22boKykVjWrA6nHryFPU2MA4JYrtn670-jP-WLVn0BmSUTweKi-tRUvtsx7bNlrFwBqvULSo4G2oFaojnlt770p9VqN7MWcKwwkzHxvJFdmexUr3YhHRuxSMGDf3fPOTwiQa_FXOn_n1Tjjog8ydnKvpvD6tnMHg=w1157-h917-no

Last edited:
Back