weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Rustic - its got a Gecko in it, of xourse Im going to like it !
Festive - I kind of like the gritty detail in the bauble tbh...
Weathered - hmmm....
Festive .... bauble badlyputtogetherness you like. (y)
Weathered - hmmm .... :D ... I know what you mean.
rainbow snow, love the idea, interesting way to interpret the theme. Well done on finishing!
Rainbow snow is an idea in progress ... HERE is a version I prefer but that's no rainbow.:D

>>>>> Thanks for your input guys. See you next year. (y)

Hi David.
Festive - It's on theme, the background is pleasantly blurred and you've somehow avoided getting a selfie on any of the tiny mirrors.
However, it is overshadowed by the abstractness of your Weather shot. I assume you used colour replacement in PS to do that, one layer at a time. Must have taken some time to get that how you wanted it. A nice piece of art.

Thanks Tim

I did it in Paint.Net .... added one layer, put one spot of paint, adjusted the transparency to roughly what I wanted, then slapped on all the colours, didn't take too long.

Festive is festive and shiny too so hey it does okay, but your finishing shot for 2017 is very interesting, a nice composition with the diagonals and love the PP you have used, a very cool image (y)

And not forgetting a BIG well done on completing your 2017 challenge, I have enjoyed popping in and seeing your shots :clap:

... and a BIG thanks to you DK, you play a major part in keeping this show on the road. And I'm always chuffed to see you popping in with your words of wisdom.

:woot:

Last edited:
My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - A colour co-ordinated gecko - well that is rustic somewhere :)

Wk 51 - Festive - Minimalistic, gritty feel in the restrained colours.

Wk 52 - Weather - We only get white and yellow snow ;). Imaginative use of PP,

Back