Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2022

I really like the shadows in the walkway shot, and the perfectly placed figure just tops it off.

Nice set. No:3 is my favourite.
Thanks David, I struggled between choosing that one and the one I ultimately chose.

I quite like the first one
could be titled 3 bridges
Thanks Gary. I didn't really see the train bridge on the far left...

All fit the bill, Bill :D ... for ornamental and curves. I very much like that you've included a person in the arches, but I also really like the road - well spotted.

Glad to hear you've recovered.
Thanks Bebop, all better now!

Nice set Bill. The chosen shot fits "leading lines" too :)
Thanks Dave.

Cracking set Bill. Love the entry ramp shot.
Thanks Simon, it was the first thing that I shot that day.

Brilliant set of pictures there, the one you have chosen works really well and the lower angle really makes the image stand out.
Thanks Simon, it's a pedestrian overpass crossing a set of railway tracks, so I was coming up the stairs. I think that that's why it grabbed my eye in the first place.

Well spotted and moment seized!
Thank you Alan.

Ornament: I rather like the stained glass with it's lovely light and shadow.
Curves: Again, I prefer the bike racks... simple but very effective for me.
Thanks Helen.

Some good images there Bill.
I prefer the bike racks - with the top bit of blur cropped off.
Thank you Peter.

I really like the shadows in the walkway shot, and the perfectly placed figure just tops it off.
Thanks Nick, exactly what I was thinking.

Week #49 - Tool(s)

I did go out for a bit of a photo walk on the weekend but didn't come across anything that I could shoehorn into this theme. I was sitting at the table and thought that I try to see what I could get with my macro lens and a few forks and spoons...

tools.jpgtools-5.jpgtools-8.jpgtools - smaller.jpgtools-7.jpg

Nicely done :)

I like your chosen image, and the first one of the set too.
Thanks Paul, I did like the first one...kind of a minimalist image

I like the chosen image. The dreamy background colours add mystery.
Thanks Peter, the colours were from my laptop. When I bought it I didn't realize that the base lights up and changes colour slowly over time

Some interesting and well composed perspectives on a humble tool.
Thanks Helen.

Your chosen image is spot on Bill, but they're all decent shots and slightly mysterious!
Thank you Simon. I was trying to go for a bit of an abstract where the viewer wasn't completely sure of what they were looking at.

Nicely done :)
Thanks Dave!

A nice set there, plenty of detail, all would be OK for me.

Week #50 - Construction

When a simple construction goes drastically wrong....construction.jpgconstruction-2.jpgconstruction-3.jpgconstruction-4.jpgconstruction-5.jpg

Nice sequential set Bill - unless I'm missing something (always possible) I'd have gone for the 3rd frame (the built plane) for construction rather than the burning one which feels more like "destruction" (but it's still a good shot!).

Nice sequential set Bill - unless I'm missing something (always possible) I'd have gone for the 3rd frame (the built plane) for construction rather than the burning one which feels more like "destruction" (but it's still a good shot!).
You're not wrong Simon, I just thought it was funnier to end with the burning man plane... :D

Great idea Bill. You must try to miss the fire next time you launch one.
Thanks Peter, if it weren't for the foot and a half of snow outside, I might have tried launching the flaming one for the final shot...

Thank you Pete, Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Week #51 - (anything) Christmassy

My one nod to the Christmas season...

xmas.jpg

Last edited:
Well you've nodded just right as it fits the theme.
Is it full of Molson?

All the best for 2023 and I hope to see you back on the challenge next year.

Well you've nodded just right as it fits the theme.
Is it full of Molson?

All the best for 2023 and I hope to see you back on the challenge next year.
Thanks Peter, not full of Molson (I don't think that I'd drink that on my worst day... :) ) but was full of Bailey's and coffee....

Definitely will be back for the 2023 season!

Week #52 - My Fave - The Centre Fountain

We were visiting Victoria in August and I thought that I would get up early and try to take a multi-exposure shot of the fountain in front of the parliament buildings before it was inundated with crowds of people. I get there and low and behold a wedding party of about 100 people are surrounding the fountain taking pictures...

I walked away and, later, we went for fish and chips (Finest at Sea, the best fish and chips and fish tacos in Victoria...). As we headed back to the hotel, walking off the thousands of calories that we had just consumed, I decided to go ahead, people or no people, and take some images of the fountain.

It all turned out for the best, I like how the image ended up. The final image is made up of 15 shots and is inspired by the Pep Ventosa "in-the-round" technique.

If you're interested in learning about the Centre Fountain this LINK is quite informative.

32.jpg

A different and excellent image Bill. Good technique and creativity.
See you next year.
Thanks Peter, looking forward to the 2023 challenge!

Really like this and a good subject to try.
Thanks Joan, fountains make for a great subject for the "in-the-round" technique.

Excellent Bill! Nice finish to the year.
Thank you Simon, much appreciated.

An experiment that really paid off. It makes a lovely showcase image.
Thanks for the kind words Helen.

Back