weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Really like the Main Gate Dave.(y)

.... the pov, the light front & back and up under the roof. o_O ... did you use any special camera settings, a subtle touch of HDR or something?

Hi David, thank you for the comment :) I did use the fuji Astia Soft when in LR6, apart from that only lifted the shadows to show the under side of the roof.

Two super images for the theme, Dave. It's hard to choose one over the other as the first shows the scale, the lovely shapes and the details under the roof, whereas I prefer the straight-on perspective of the second and also really like the warm colour of the door behind the gate plus all the intricate details of the gate itself. Hard to choose... I'd probably say #2 but they're both great for this theme :claps:

Two super images for the theme, Dave. It's hard to choose one over the other as the first shows the scale, the lovely shapes and the details under the roof, whereas I prefer the straight-on perspective of the second and also really like the warm colour of the door behind the gate plus all the intricate details of the gate itself. Hard to choose... I'd probably say #2 but they're both great for this theme :claps:

Thank you Andrea for the comments and looking :)

Both great shots. I particularly like the angle of the first one and the detail in the second.

Last edited:
I’m not sure but I think you may have been rumbled on the first pic :D the seconds a nice action shot. Out of interest what’s PABD?

A bit disappointing Dave as it is one of your favourite things to do and a little bit defeatist complaining about the weather, it’s not like the themes over until Wednesday. On a plus point they do contain people

A bit disappointing Dave as it is one of your favourite things to do and a little bit defeatist complaining about the weather, it’s not like the themes over until Wednesday. On a plus point they do contain people

Thanks Allan, I am just totally fed up with the weather as many are, one minute it`s beautiful and sunny then the next its drizzle and yuck but I`ve never liked the winter though and never will :)

Two good people shots Sir, #1 being my fav’, well framed with a nice expression on the couples faces.(y)

George.

I like the first shot more Dave, it's a shame the guy saw you and waved :)

I would just like to say, I am sorry for the rant about the weather on my people post. I have had another look at the shots and do like them, yes they are on theme but I think I was trying to push my self too much and user error for the first time yesterday :dummy::dummy::eek: Still have this cold though, and just have to learn, tough on the weather :)

Of the two, I prefer the first ... the way they're walking together towards you, and their expressions -not what you'd expect- people normally turn away, hide from the camera.

#1 for me Dave. You have their faces which is always a bonus for street.
You also have them more or less on the third so composition is good.

The second shot needs to have been a few seconds later when the person climbing over the wall is flat on their @(r)s3 (or at least that's what I would have wanted to happen ;) )

Thank you and the couple even had a look afterwards, PABD = Post and be Damned :)
And you be damned Dave, as I note you're up to your old bird stalking shots again.... idk... lol..

I do like the angle of the 2nd one. It made me look closer to what was actually troubling her (y)

Of the two, I prefer the first ... the way they're walking together towards you, and their expressions -not what you'd expect- people normally turn away, hide from the camera.

#1 for me Dave. You have their faces which is always a bonus for street.
You also have them more or less on the third so composition is good.

The second shot needs to have been a few seconds later when the person climbing over the wall is flat on their @(r)s3 (or at least that's what I would have wanted to happen ;) )

And you be damned Dave, as I note you're up to your old bird stalking shots again.... idk... lol..

I do like the angle of the 2nd one. It made me look closer to what was actually troubling her (y)

Thank you folks for the comment and looking, got some more today.

Well done for getting out there for your images, Dave, and don't be too hard on yourself; I've stayed out of the constant rain all weekend and grumbled about it instead :) The first is excellent and it's all about the eye contact and the fact that they're walking towards you; it's a very engaging image :clap: Nice that they stopped for a chat with you, too.

Well done for getting out there for your images, Dave, and don't be too hard on yourself; I've stayed out of the constant rain all weekend and grumbled about it instead :) The first is excellent and it's all about the eye contact and the fact that they're walking towards you; it's a very engaging image :clap: Nice that they stopped for a chat with you, too.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and looking, just added two from today.

I think #3 is the pick for me, good to get something a bit different and it's well photographed the main subject is well lit..

Catching up

Week 0 - My area ... Nice portrait and PP - Always better to do the PP on a shot that is good to start with, better than trying to polish a t____. Too often I'm trying to rescue a shot that I should just throw away.
Week 1 - Only Brighton could have a trademan's entrance that ornate. The second one is a bit busy, erm.... with things other than the gate.
Week 2 - #1 would be my favourite if taken a couple of seconds later and head not sliced by volleyball net, but then would not have got the smile and wave. The V mask goup works well,

Catching up

Week 0 - My area ... Nice portrait and PP - Always better to do the PP on a shot that is good to start with, better than trying to polish a t____. Too often I'm trying to rescue a shot that I should just throw away.
Week 1 - Only Brighton could have a trademan's entrance that ornate. The second one is a bit busy, erm.... with things other than the gate.
Week 2 - #1 would be my favourite if taken a couple of seconds later and head not sliced by volleyball net, but then would not have got the smile and wave. The V mask goup works well,

Thank you David for the comments :)

#4 for me, I think both additions are better than your first submissions.

Great job for getting out there and getting some shots Dave! I find it difficult to get motivated to shoot anything in this weather, luckily like you I managed to get out and shoot something at least which was on theme!

Great job for getting out there and getting some shots Dave! I find it difficult to get motivated to shoot anything in this weather, luckily like you I managed to get out and shoot something at least which was on theme!

Thank you Daniel for the comments, for some reason in the wet winter months I always struggle to pick up the camera, but yesterday I was glad to go back out and think, I will will just enjoy my self and if I see a shot then I`ll take it. I have to get it in to my head that we have until Wednesday to get the shot in, so nearly a week to think,plan and try to get the shot :)

Back