weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Well here we are again, this will be my third 52 on the trot.

My Rules
1 Have fun
2 Love a shoehorn
3 Plenty of vocalists images :D
4 Give good sound CC
5 Get better at PP
6 Always love a joker.
7 Roll on the summer :)
8 I will reciprocate to comments given :)
....................................................................................................................................................................................

The 6 Random techniques ( wait until they are announced) will be drawn from these
Low Light
Night
Motion Blur
Black and White (Jan & Feb) (y)
Macro MAY & JUNE (y)
Long Exposure NOVEMBER & DECEMBER (y)
Tilt and shift
Rule of thirds SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER (y)
Negative space
High key
Straight Out Of The Camera (No processing allowed) MARCH & APRIL (y)
Colour pop JULY & AUGUST(y)
HDR
Soft Focus
Silhouette
....................................................................................................................................................................................

1 NEW + Technique
2 CLEAN
3 OPEN
4 DISTANT
5 COLD
6 WAITING + TECHNIQUE
7 ROUGH
8 OBJECT
9 WET + TECHNIQUE
10 FREE WEEK
11 ENTRANCE
12 YOUNG
13 FOOD + TECHNIQUE
14 SMOOTH + TECHNIQUE
15 ABOVE
16 HOT
17 LIGHT
18 CROWD ( ED )
19 DECAY
20 FREE WEEK + TECHNIQUE
21 WHOLE
22 FRAGILE
23 SQUASH ( ED )
24 TIME
25 FULL + TECHNIQUE
26 DRINK
27 DIRTY
28 WIDE
29 CLOSED
30 FREE WEEK COLOUR POP TECHNIQUE
31 LIFE
32 INTERIOR
33 PLASTIC
34 EMPTY
35 BUILDING (s) COLOUR POP TECHNIQUE
36 SOFT
37 OLD
38 FLOWER RULE of THIRDS TECHNIQUE
39 DULL
40 FREE WEEK
41 NEAR
42 SONG ( title or lyrics )
43 BORROWED
44 SPOOKY/HALLOWEEN
45 SHORT
46 ENVIRONMENT ( al )
47 FAR
48 PLAY ( ING )
49 BELOW
50 FREE WEEK
51 CHRISTMASSY
52 OUT TAKES

Last edited:
New Year to me is just great and I`m going to love every minute of it. Taken tonight at the Paris House in town, Abi Flynn is just a fantastic singer/vocalist and I have had the pleasure of taking her photos for many years now. I wanted this to be a dark B&W and I think in the editing I have made it come across as that, taken with the X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 and edited in C1 Pro 12 and resized in Affinity Photo.

Abi by Dave, on Flickr

Nice shot, grabbed the emotion there.

That's a cool shot Dave - love the emotion in the singer's face. The intimacy of the performance and venue comes through nicely

That's a cool shot Dave - love the emotion in the singer's face. The intimacy of the performance and venue comes through nicely

Thank you Ian.

Hi Dave that's a nice b+w conversion, nice emotion on the face of the singer.

Thank you Michael.

Lovely b & w image. Drawn to the singers expression . Good Luck with your 52

I can see I'm going to hate the 50mm f/2 you talked me into getting Dave ;)
As ever, a great shot of singers in action. You really do seem to have the knack of avoiding the c**p faces that people can pull when singing and coming out with something good.
You've even managed to squeeze the technique in too ;)

I can see I'm going to hate the 50mm f/2 you talked me into getting Dave ;)
As ever, a great shot of singers in action. You really do seem to have the knack of avoiding the c**p faces that people can pull when singing and coming out with something good.
You've even managed to squeeze the technique in too ;)

Thank you very much for such nice words Tim, you will love the 50mm f2.

Great capture, real emotion on the singers face

Thank you too Minx.

Fantastic!
As someone who has never photographed a person, I'm so impressed with your skills!
A uniquely expressive moment, beautifully captured and expertly processed.
Love it!(y)

Thank you very much Gareth for the great comment. In my photography of the vocalists I really try to push myself even more as I just love when I see a shot I took and think Now that I really do love. Know doubt during my 52 this year I will be putting more of these images in.

Love the mood of this - you nailed that for sure! Just that light top left that keeps drawing my eye.

I wasn't sure what was 'new' until I read your text, Dave, but this is certainly atmospheric and she is clearly 'into' the song. I wondered whether a horizontal crop of the middle third might work too, but I think you would lose some of the interesting background details. I especially like the light picking out the details in her hair.

I wasn't sure what was 'new' until I read your text, Dave, but this is certainly atmospheric and she is clearly 'into' the song. I wondered whether a horizontal crop of the middle third might work too, but I think you would lose some of the interesting background details. I especially like the light picking out the details in her hair.

Thank you Andrea, I did try all sorts of crops but thought this was the better one as like you said I`d lose some of the BG.

Great capture Dave, you caught some real emotion on her face there!

Well done Dave, can't have been easy in the dark pub to get a sharp image but you did. Obviously giving it her all and you caught that well. The only thing I find a bit of a shame is that her hand is covering quite a bit of her face but then if her hand was down she would probably stopped singing and if you moved then you wouldn't have such a good angle. So ignore my rambling :LOL:

Well done Dave, can't have been easy in the dark pub to get a sharp image but you did. Obviously giving it her all and you caught that well. The only thing I find a bit of a shame is that her hand is covering quite a bit of her face but then if her hand was down she would probably stopped singing and if you moved then you wouldn't have such a good angle. So ignore my rambling :LOL:

Thank you Georgina, it is a tricky one as do I move for a better angle and miss a shot or stay where I am and take the shot. Thank you for the rambling too :p

Nice idea Dave. I like the dof, but wonder if you could have toned down the highlights slightly? and maybe crop the right side off some to get a less square overall image? I do like the colour and contrast a lot though.

I like it, nice contrast in colours and I like the fact it's NOT in the middle of the frame.

Nice idea Dave. I like the dof, but wonder if you could have toned down the highlights slightly? and maybe crop the right side off some to get a less square overall image? I do like the colour and contrast a lot though.

Thank you Lindsay, this was more of a test really as it was a straight Sooc shot as trying to get ready for the technique Sooc if and when it comes out.

Back