weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

The Living World - Love the mirrored reflection of the sky, nicely balanced image.

Spiky is excellent, like the light background that make the cactus pop with the DoF you have chosen.

Last edited:
DoF is fine very hard to get anything deeper without focus stacking, it really stands out as it is great detail in it too

I really like the colour combo DK - stand-out image and great choice for the theme. Love it :clap:

The Living World - Love the mirrored reflection of the sky, nicely balanced image.
ThaNKS lEE :)

Spiky is excellent, like the light background that make the cactus pop with the DoF you have chosen.
Ahhh Thanks again Lee :)

DoF is fine very hard to get anything deeper without focus stacking, it really stands out as it is great detail in it too
Cool - Thanks Alan :)

I was really unsure if the DoF was sufficient, you know what it's like, once I keep staring at it I begin to doubt myself :D

I really like the colour combo DK - stand-out image and great choice for the theme. Love it :clap:
Blimey - Thanks Carl (y)

Looks good to me Dean. Colours are great and as Allan says, you're not going to be able to obtain a deep DoF in Macro without a lot of work in pp.
Thanks Tim :)

I spend a little time 'tweaking' in LR, but I certainly do not have time to mess about in PS with stacking layers... One Day :)

Pretty and lethal all at once!
Perfect for the theme too Dean

Great colours Dean, TBH I like the DoF as is (y)

Pretty and lethal all at once!
Perfect for the theme too Dean
Thank you Ruth :)

That looks super Spiky DK ....spot on for the theme .....I think it's difficult with a subject like that to decide just where the focal point should be, there are so many options o_O
You aint kidding Susie, I took sooooo many from different angles, stops and lighting :D

Thanks for the feedback :)

spiky - great colours and very spiky I like the the focus looks about right
Thanks Minxy :)

Great colours Dean, TBH I like the DoF as is (y)
YAY !!! - ,passed the critical eye of the Cobra :)

I agree with the others. Nice one mate!
Thank you Brian :)

Great colours and certainly on theme!
Annnnnd thank you too Liz :)

Hi Dean, that's a good'un, for sure. Nice and sharp (see what I did there?) where it needs to be and sufficient definition elsewhere. Colours and lighting work really, really well for me too. Overall, a belter of a shot and very well captured by you. Top job!

Living World: The reflections look great in the glassy water and those rocks in the foreground ad a point of interest.
Spiky: Nice colours, DOF works fine, especially as the important bits are in focus anyway.

morning DK... doing the rounds..slowly, if i've been before...its the age u know..... all fitting the themes so a good start, but come on young man.. up the game there..you are not as old as that vinyl, nor the gate...do i see DK... 0.o ... you were as bad as Mr le-Bra and his snakey ways suggesting things like that

Abandoned with the clouds was good, bit bright like u said, but clouds are fickle things..dangerous i loved the guy casting his line...hoping the catch what exactly? but spiky (y) now that i like .. for the colours and the dof....

Spiiky. Really great colours obviously very spiky but it's them colours that make it soooooo good to veiw.

Gaz

Hi Dean, that's a good'un, for sure. Nice and sharp (see what I did there?) where it needs to be and sufficient definition elsewhere. Colours and lighting work really, really well for me too. Overall, a belter of a shot and very well captured by you. Top job!
Cool - Thanks Paul, surprised this one has been so popular, but happy all the same :)

Living World: The reflections look great in the glassy water and those rocks in the foreground ad a point of interest.
Thanks Nick :)

Spiky: Nice colours, DOF works fine, especially as the important bits are in focus anyway.
Yay another positive - Thanks again :)

Really like Spiky Dean the colours a great and as others have said the DOF is fine.
Thank goodness, thanks Mark :)

morning DK... doing the rounds..slowly, if i've been before...its the age u know..... all fitting the themes so a good start, but come on young man.. up the game there..you are not as old as that vinyl, nor the gate...do i see DK... 0.o ... you were as bad as Mr le-Bra and his snakey ways suggesting things like that
:D

Abandoned with the clouds was good, bit bright like u said, but clouds are fickle things..dangerous i loved the guy casting his line...hoping the catch what exactly?
No idea at all, by the looks of them, it was anything they could have for lunch :D

but spiky (y) now that i like .. for the colours and the dof....
Cool, thanks again :cool:

Spiiky. Really great colours obviously very spiky but it's them colours that make it soooooo good to veiw.

Gaz
Thanks Gaz (y)

Re-shoot...

Again nothing special, poor weather quick bit of nice light and I MUST get the box ticked :D

I chose this as I like the way the old watering can is slowly blending into the surroundings, such great textures and colours on this, I'm hoping it stands out enough with the DoF as I was being very lazy, this was shot with my 100mm macro, straight after the cactus shot, I was hunting for spiders and bugs but liked this instead :)

Wk 10 - Re-Shoot 'Metal'

Wk 10 - Re-Shoot - Metal by TP DK, on Flickr

That is nice DK - as you say textures and colours are fabulous. A great subject for photography. DoF is spot on for me.

I'm with you on the textures and beautiful greens - definitely an eye catching combination.
Thank you Emma :)

Something about rusting metal, looks alive to me !!

That is nice DK - as you say textures and colours are fabulous. A great subject for photography. DoF is spot on for me.
Glad you think so Carl :), I really wasn't too sure after a while, the more you look sometimes the more you doubt your own thoughts :thinking:

Spiky - Lovely bright colours and dof. :)

Reshoot - Totally agree the textures and colours are great and I like the light and shadows on it.

Great re-shoot for the "metal' week, great textures and shades of green.

Very nice Dean lovely lighting on the watering can the DOF really helps it stand out
Ahhhh thanks :)

Definitely nicer than spiders and bugs DK :) there aren't many spiders about at the min. Love the green algae and the rust on the can ....my kind of shot ...I really like it.
Cool thanks Susie :)

Agree I didn't find any bugs at all :LOL:

Spiky - Lovely bright colours and dof. :)
Thanks Sheylara :)

Reshoot - Totally agree the textures and colours are great and I like the light and shadows on it.
Thank you again :)

:agree: top shot DK

Oh and I've just seen your watering can, great prop, nicely shot.
Cool - Cheers David :)

Too many people putting some of us to shame by doing the re-shoots ;)
Ha Haaaaaa yes, come on get your camera out :D
Lots of different textures and colours there DK and bang on theme.
Nicely sharp too.
Well... again really pleased with the positive feedback being received :)

Great re-shoot for the "metal' week, great textures and shades of green.
Thank you :)

Well Spiky is definitely, well, spiky ! love the crop and colours / contract of the red and yellowy orange tones
Hell yes, spiky, I have the marks on my fingers to prove it :D

Reshoot - lovely old watering can with some wonderful texturing and colouring in a perfect setting :)
Cool, cheers Jon :cool:

Good spot for metal Dean... although it could have been a reshoot of camouflage as well :)

The lighting probably isn't doing a huge favour although the shadow isn't distracting - just perhaps the type of light isn't bringing out as much texture in the can as might be the case with it lower in the sky? It's a good, solid image and a super subject to photograph... looking forward to seeing what you're going to shoot for artificial now :)

I like that the can is becoming camouflaged into the background by the rust and algae great colours.

Re-shoot, yep I guess you could say that's in the can Dean :D

Great colours and textures (y)

Really nice colours in your metal reshoot. Great lighting too.
Thank you Clive :)

Good spot for metal Dean... although it could have been a reshoot of camouflage as well :)
Cheers Paul :)

The lighting probably isn't doing a huge favour although the shadow isn't distracting - just perhaps the type of light isn't bringing out as much texture in the can as might be the case with it lower in the sky? It's a good, solid image and a super subject to photograph... looking forward to seeing what you're going to shoot for artificial now :)
Thanks Pual, yes the light lower would have been nice, but we only had a short spell of sun :)

As for artificial, don't get too excited :D

I like that the can is becoming camouflaged into the background by the rust and algae great colours.
Cheers Minxy :)

Re-shoot, yep I guess you could say that's in the can Dean :D
:facepalm:

Great colours and textures (y)
Cheers buddy :)

Right and onto to this week...

Mrs DK and myself got up and went for a wonderful walk this morning, we went to East Ruston Marshes, a nice section of walk on the 61 mile 'Weavers Way' nature trail...

With 'Artificial' in my mind all the way around the walk I snapped away quite merrily, and after just 2 or 3 hours we got back to the car and I had a big bag of NIL shots for the theme... well, bar this one... so here is my entry for the week, which if you were being cynical it could look as though it was taken at home when we got back, at the edge of my pond :whistles: :D

I did think about shoehorns but hey, I gotta leave that to Chris...

Wk 11 - Artificial Wildlife

Wk 11 - Artificial by TP DK, on Flickr

Back