weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

Very nice DK (y) and I bet she looks very nice with or without speedlights.
Hahaaa Thanks David, I shall pass on the compliment too, will make her day :)

Yeah, she's not bad ;)
I'll pass that on too :D

Nice, autumnal photograph, Dean, lovely, casual pose and nice muted tones.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

Super photo DK, Love the location among all those autumn leaves, nice pose too .... it all works perfectly.
Cool, thank you Susie :)

Im not a portrait lover Dean, but that works really well. The overall colours work well together, and of course have an Autumnal feel.
Nice one too, thanks Mark :)

Must say chuffed with the answers so far, thanks guys :)

I like the tight crop on your cracked sweet chestnut. my favourites since my last visit to your thread are you pair and the windmill for your reshoot

I like the closer crop of the pathway without the vignette. I can see why you cloned out the leaves, but they don't seem too distracting. Love the reshoot of the windmill - that reflection is superb and the b&w works really well.
That's a beautiful portrait of a beautiful Mrs DK too - an unusual pov but it works really well and the autumn colours are lovely.

Hi Dean,
Agreeing with the other comments here. Nicely balanced lighting achieved using those speedlights. (y)
Well balanced composition too.
Thank you Tim :)

Dean @Dark Knight do you have any with natural light? I'd like to see a comparison (y)

Cheers.
Well... not really I deleted all them (Trying to keep files low) but this one had just a small amount of fill (no PP on this either) small files side by side for you.

Minimal lighting for Andy by TP DK, on Flickr Wk 45 - Pose by TP DK, on Flickr

I like the tight crop on your cracked sweet chestnut. my favourites since my last visit to your thread are you pair and the windmill for your reshoot
Thank you Shirley :)

I like the closer crop of the pathway without the vignette. I can see why you cloned out the leaves, but they don't seem too distracting.
Thank you Emma :)

Love the reshoot of the windmill - that reflection is superb and the b&w works really well.
Thanks again :)

That's a beautiful portrait of a beautiful Mrs DK too - an unusual pov but it works really well and the autumn colours are lovely.
Cool :cool:

Not quite the same character feel as an old-style street vendor shouting "Evenin Stennit" but then the sign has a certain style to it. Nice fall-off in focus either side.

Not quite the same character feel as an old-style street vendor shouting "Evenin Stennit" but then the sign has a certain style to it. Nice fall-off in focus either side.
Agreed... a street vender would have been perfect, but we don't have them in the village, feeling a tad ill so couldn't be arsed to go to far, so just went for a walk to the beach and back, didn't see much the whole place is all closed down for the winter :D

Agreed... a street vender would have been perfect, but we don't have them in the village, feeling a tad ill so couldn't be arsed to go to far, so just went for a walk to the beach and back, didn't see much the whole place is all closed down for the winter :D
Ah! Get well soon Dean. (I've had a cold thingy for the last 4 weeks ... just can't seem to shift it. If I was a horse ....).

Well it s got "news" in it, I have cobbled together something this week too, I found it to be an awful theme this week, to be fair the last few weeks :whistle: where is that snake :bat:

Well it s got "news" in it, I have cobbled together something this week too, I found it to be an awful theme this week, to be fair the last few weeks :whistle: where is that snake :bat:
Thanks mate, and Correct... yes it has News in it, so box ticked for me :LOL:

where is that snake :bat:
scared4.gif

Works for me Dean (y)

Really like your reshoot Dean lovely composition and processing

Great banker shot for News nice and vibrant

great photo for "pose", I like the "minimal lighting for Andy" better :)

"News" is a placeholder...

ahem ... not sure what to say. :cautious:
Me neither :LOL:

Well, it ain't a shoehorn :p
Exactly... have kept to my 'no joker' rule, for me there is no 'it must be a good photo' rule :D

Its on theme and as others have said, the focus fall off is well done....
Thanks Mark, like a positive spin :)
great photo for "pose", I like the "minimal lighting for Andy" better :)

"News" is a placeholder...
Exactly - thank you :)

And here is mine for this week...

This idea popped in my mind last night, and I have spent hours getting a shot I am happy with, still playing with my Speedlight's and Trigger, for this one I was indoors, I used 2 lights, one main light lighting the camera and logos, and another from the other side, snooted and aimed down on the lens to highlight the edges to emphasise the outline.

This shot was taken with the camera in the image, taken in a mirror and flipped in PP, it took sooooo long making sure the flashes didn't reflect on the mirror, and was zoomed enough to get detail in the logo and angled enough to get the Canon Logo full, anyway was good fun again and relatively happy with the result :)

Wk 47 - 'Young' my 4 week old 5d4 baby :D

Last edited:
Looks more like a camera for grown-ups ... but isn't it amazing what these flashes can do! I'm still trying to get to grips with just one off-camera.

What a fantastic outdoor feel. (y)

Mark 4....nice, for a Canon :p

Hmmm, not sure, crit first, now I know the camera is what the theme is about, but I'm not keen on you being OOF. I had a cheeky edit and put you more OOF and drew my attention to the camera more.

Cheers and bet you can't wait for the weekend to use it at the meet :)

Cheers.

How cold is it in your house, thats all i'm saying :jawdrop:

not sure about young as a theme but I've seen looser connections, might be a little low key for me but hey I'm uncalibrated :ROFLMAO:

I agree with Chris @sirch - the effort you put into it really shows. Difficult at the best of times doing selfies but twice as problematical working with reflections and then of course glare from flash as well. Love the camera ... and like the intensity in your facial expression ... a visual commentary.

Looks more like a camera for grown-ups ... but isn't it amazing what these flashes can do! I'm still trying to get to grips with just one off-camera.

What a fantastic outdoor feel. (y)
Thank you David :) - yes I like what we can do with Speedlight's

Mark 4....nice, for a Canon :p
Thanks I think :mooning:

Hmmm, not sure, crit first, now I know the camera is what the theme is about, but I'm not keen on you being OOF. I had a cheeky edit and put you more OOF and drew my attention to the camera more.
Hmmmm funny you should say that, I did tone my face down, well lowered saturation, agree fading my face out more would help more... cheers :) and noted on my sheet (y)

Cheers and bet you can't wait for the weekend to use it at the meet :)

Cheers.
To say the least mate, though work is sooooo busy I'm not looking forward to 3 days away, which face it is not right :(

I quite like the low key and you you being being OoF, even if it is a shoe horn :p
Shoehorn by @rse :D

Thanks Chris :)

Young, not sure on the camera, image is ok though :)
Thanks Lee, but think about it, less than a month It has been with me, so hardly an old camera, so young :D

Very nicely done Dean, the effort that went into it has really paid off I think.
Thank you Chris :)

And you ain't kidding, I went to my PC with a couple of dozen fresh shots 3 times, sifted, editied and deleted them all, and went back and tried again :LOL: but hey, no better way to learn :)

How cold is it in your house, thats all i'm saying :jawdrop:
Hahaaaa good point, I was sweating like a hog, had to keep taking my fleece/hoody off between shoots :D

not sure about young as a theme but I've seen looser connections
YAY !!! exactly :)

might be a little low key for me but hey I'm uncalibrated :ROFLMAO:
Hahaaa it was for testing peoples monitors :whistle:

I like that Dean the lighting is prefect for me. Although the Camera well............
Grrrrr Hahaaaaa - Thank you :)

I agree with Chris @sirch - the effort you put into it really shows. Difficult at the best of times doing selfies but twice as problematical working with reflections and then of course glare from flash as well. Love the camera ... and like the intensity in your facial expression ... a visual commentary.
Cheers Carl, problematical it sure was... long mirror, propped up with cushions, fluffy cushions not the best plan for sure, the angle and manual focus was the most problematic after I got rid of the glare by snooting the flashes with taped on cardboard :)

A new toy - very exciting! Really interesting to hear how you tackled a tricky lighting situation, too.
Thanks Em... and yes, lovely new toy :) :)

Great photo, I like the low-key outdoorsy feel it has. I would have put the focus on your face rather than on the camera, but then, it's the camera that's young, not you.

Back