Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right we have just had a VERY large donation from a very nice member who wants to remain anonymous. This member saw the umming and arring over the SB600/SB900 and made the decision for us by donating the difference between the SB600 and SB900 !!!

It is a phenomenally nice gesture and will mean that we are now getting the SB900 for Julian. This is a nicer flash for sure but it has one massive feature which I really wanted for him and that is the manual dial to select the mode. This will make it so much easier for him to use.

My thanks publicly to this member although you wish to remain private. You know we appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
From my motorbike crash through my stroke I have become a recluse, only just started venturing out once a week, due to my insecurities of how I look, sound and the help I need. I feel sick at the thought of going on newspapers or what have you. I would rather decline and give everything to a charity than do that.

Dont think it would become a newspaper story, just enjoy the TP gift (y) we know nowt

One of the guys on UKSaabs has brought this to our attention (Dunno what his name is on here :eek:ops: ) and there may be a few of us who'd like to contribute. Like to have some means of contributing on UKS i.e. a link. He'd like for us to contribute as a group but I suspect it might be simpler and easier to put UKS Member in the Paypal account.

Got any pointers as to what we can use?

The best I can offer is a good condition OM40* (I think) That I'd give wheels to keep him going but I suspet that isn't what he needs.

*Still trying to work out which DSLR I want so still using film!

Thank you, you could contribute using the paypal email address shown in post 1.

The OM40 is a nice offer and we would happily pass it on.

Right we have just had a VERY large donation from a very nice member who wants to remain anonymous. This member saw the umming and arring over the SB600/SB900 and made the decision for us by donating the difference between the SB600 and SB900 !!!

It is a phenomenally nice gesture and will mean that we are now getting the SB900 for Julian. This is a nicer flash for sure but it has one massive feature which I really wanted for him and that is the manual dial to select the mode. This will make it so much easier for him to use.

My thanks publicly to this member although you wish to remain private. You know we appreciate it.

Name the bugger so we can thank him.....(y)

Thank you, you could contribute using the paypal email address shown in post 1.

The OM40 is a nice offer and we would happily pass it on.

Have I got that right a Group wish to chip in?

Just adding my thanks to the kind member who donated the extra for the flash very nice gesture indeed..

Im tryin to man up again

We are all ignoring yo matey, till its all over......cry as much as ya want we is gettin ya some good kit...........OK.................:LOL:

NOW GET THY ASS OUT OF ERE AND LET US GERRON WE IT............:LOL:

Julian - so you have a parka jacket?

At this rate, your wheelchair is going to look the equivalent of a mod scooter, except instead of mirrors and flags, it's going to have every conceivable tog accesory hanging off it! :D

:clap::clap::clap: well done whoever you may be (y)

I cannot keep up with all those people who have donated although I would like to thank you all personally but thanks to everyone and at least the donations have started again.

At this rate, your wheelchair is going to look the equivalent of a mod scooter, except instead of mirrors and flags, it's going to have every conceivable tog accesory hanging off it! :D

Not sure the bloody thing can it as it is,

I cannot keep up with all those people who have donated although I would like to thank you all personally but thanks to everyone and at least the donations have started again.

thats why Rob passed the buc......I mean thats why rob passed it on:LOL:

What did I say about nice to see they have stopped?

That'll serve me right for not checking TP for the day! Glad to see how well this is going, some truly amazingly generous offers going on (y). Long may they continue (no Julian, we don't care what you say or think about that one :D :LOL:)

Chris

gonna be a posh git wif all the gear.........(y):LOL:

Sir, Madam, hats off to whoever you may be. Fantastic generosity, well done!

I'll chuck in an LCD protector for the SB900 too then :)

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

good on you.... whoever you are.....

Total donations

£2498 (BT & paypal) - Via Rob's account

The SB900 extra donation

£64.63 - Via my account

To purchase

D300s
18-200
SB900
External monitor and power pack
Tripod with 222 head
222 head for mounting on the wheel chair

Plus

2 x 4 packs of Eneloops
2 x EN-EL3 batteries
3 x Manfrotto super clamp
2 x Manfrotto arm kit
1 x Battery charger
1 x cleaning kit
1 x Peli 1550 case
1 x New seals for Peli 1550 and foam
1 x mini HDMI cable to HDMI cable
1 x Nikon Bag
1 x 4gb card
1 x 3.6m ttl cord
1 x set of radio triggers
1 x new-type umbrella adapter
1 x SB900 LCD protector
1 x brand new shiney embroidered Talkphotography badge
1 x Sandisk 8Gb SD card
1 x 72mm Tamron CPL filter
1 x Nikon camera control pro
1 x 5 in 1 reflector
1 x Understanding Exposure
1 x Understanding Digital Photography (Both by Bryan Peterson)
1 x Photoshop CS3 for Dummies
1 x Andy Rouse's Digital SLR Masterclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back