Week 47
Week 48
Week 49
Week 50
Week 51
Week 52

Last edited:
Nice!

I like the juxtaposition of the technology against the natural grain of the wood.

Nice!

I like the juxtaposition of the technology against the natural grain of the wood.
This is what I was aiming to do, something new with something that evokes a feeling of nature or at least something non digital in this very modern world (y)

Nice clock :)

Can the winder charge it? :p ;)

Very nice. Being an Android user I'm currently being told how unfit I am by the Galaxy 4 watch.

Old - think the oldest thing I have is my old Lambretta languishing in the back garden!
So, a bit of astro, scooters and light painting here we are :)

Week 2 - Old by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This is really nice Paul, your choice of lighting and PP really give the image character. The stickers and patina really tell a story.

Bet that scooter has seen some places. Perhaps reduce the vignetting just a touch.

Thanks @Darkslinger & @wornish yep, been all over in that, best trip I ever did was back in 2006, Land's End to John O'Groats in a week with about 20 other classic scooters. Effectively did it twice as of course had to ride to the start, then do the whole run and then get home! brilliant mad time though!!

Thank you both re the image, I was pretty pleased with it, on the vignetting, although I didn't apply a vignette as such I did do a little burning, mainly in the right bottom corner as the light was a bit too bright on the foreground grass which felt distracting but I may have another look at this (y)

Nice image and, if you want to sell the Lambo then let me know! Nicely composed and processed, good choice.

Very nice. Wish I still had a couple of my old bikes. Rocker though.

God, I wouldn't want to any distance on a Lambretta, let alone LEJoG on one (though I did it in a £250 Volvo 740 on a banger rally).
Something with much larger wheels would be my preference on 2 wheels.

Anyway. I do like the vibrancy of the scooter against the darker background that you achieved with the light painting (y)

Oh yes that's fab! :clap:

Not really a lover of scooters but I do like the shot!

Found this languishing in a folder and it seems apt!

1CF9CED8-07D6-4ECD-B5F7-A70FF8715F68.jpeg

Nice shot Paul, very atmospheric. Personally I was a Triton boy myself ... there just wasn't enough power in a Lambretta. ;)

That poor Lambretta needs to be undercover!

Love how you've captured the stars and made very effective use of light painting there.

That's a great shot and lighting is perfect. Superb! :clap:
I had a Vespa once. Top speed 40mph downhill with a following wind.....

That's really nice, just enough light, and loads of interest in the scooter. Really moody.

This is terrific Paul. love the light painting and framing. Vignetting works well for me.

Last edited:
God, I wouldn't want to any distance on a Lambretta, let alone LEJoG on one (though I did it in a £250 Volvo 740 on a banger rally).
Something with much larger wheels would be my preference on 2 wheels.
For sure I wouldn't do it again, I was a younger man then :)

I'm really liking the contrast of the blue and the orange. It looks like it could tell a few stories.
It certainly could, that's why I won't let it tell them all :eek::D:D
Nice shot Paul, very atmospheric. Personally I was a Triton boy myself ... there just wasn't enough power in a Lambretta. ;)

I managed 75mph once on it, but it would happily cruise on a motorway at just over 65mph, more than enough for 10 inch wheels.

That poor Lambretta needs to be undercover!

Love how you've captured the stars and made very effective use of light painting there.

But if it was under cover it would'nt develop it's patina :D:D:D
That's a great shot and lighting is perfect. Superb! :clap:
I had a Vespa once. Top speed 40mph downhill with a following wind.....

Yeah could never stand to have it slow, hance the first thing I did to it was upgrade the top end :)

Nicely done. The light painting really picks out the colour and makes it pop.

Back