weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Good catch up

The cropped Rough is an improvement. And I love the one headlight peeking out from under the Cover.

off to the first show of the year on Sunday so will await this weeks them s and see if there's is a shoe horn to be had:LOL:
A little lateral thinking Mark, and I'm sure there'll be loads.
(Whatever gets pulled out the "hat" :D )

Well that holiday park does look Vast Mark....we have a few like that down here in Cornwall.
Lots of detail in Rough when viewed on Flickr I think it would have taken an even closer crop ....but it certainly suits the theme.
Your lovely Mini peeping out for Covered ...excellent choice again ...you must be so proud of that car.

Good catch up

The cropped Rough is an improvement. And I love the one headlight peeking out from under the Cover.

Thanks David wish I had my longer lens to be able to zoom in more rusty side of the boat.

A little lateral thinking Mark, and I'm sure there'll be loads.
(Whatever gets pulled out the "hat" :D )

I will try my best!

Well that holiday park does look Vast Mark....we have a few like that down here in Cornwall.
Lots of detail in Rough when viewed on Flickr I think it would have taken an even closer crop ....but it certainly suits the theme.
Your lovely Mini peeping out for Covered ...excellent choice again ...you must be so proud of that car.

Thanks Susie the holiday park was big and very hilly!

Rough was a lucky find sadly I didn't have a longer lens with me :(

Yes my little Mini is my pride and joy the only car I have ever brought new he's been magazine featured and even had a very brief appearance in a film! I don't think I could ever sell him he's part of the family now

Yup! Much prefer the crowd version for rough! The second shot of the mini too ! The added oil leak for authenticity is a matter stroke!! Looking good!

Thanks Richard it's actually a pool of water that came under the garage door during a recent storm!

Hi Mark.

Vast: Great looking sky and the view is certainly vast. Nicely colourful.
Rough: Nor I - would have to be press-ganged into boarding that one let alone sailing off into the distance on that boat.
Covered: The second one for me too with that teaser of one corner of the tarpaulin being turned up to show a partial of the beauty beneath.

Like the colours and detail in your 'rough' shot and prefer your second 'covered' shot - I think showing a little of what's underneath makes it a more interesting image:clap:

Covered is not a shoehorn at all even though it's a mini :D

I prefer the second shot as it's a bit lke a Victorian lady lifting up her skirt to show an ankle :whistle:

Good catch up
Vast - that certainly is a vast site perfect for the theme
Rough- the cropped view is better. That boat has certainly seen better days
Covered- I too prefer the second shot with the headlight peeping out but I guess the first is more covered

Hi Mark

Vast - not my idea of perfection (not the world's biggest fan of caravans - mobile or static) but it's definitely on theme. Inclusion of building materials in foreground adds an "interest" element even if it detracts from the sense of holiday etc.
Covered - I love the cheeky little glimpse of "flesh" on the second :)
Rough - not getting this as much as it just feels like it needs to be cropped much closer? There's just a bit too much going on for me in the frame...

Nice one.

Hi Mark.

Vast: Great looking sky and the view is certainly vast. Nicely colourful.
Rough: Nor I - would have to be press-ganged into boarding that one let alone sailing off into the distance on that boat.
Covered: The second one for me too with that teaser of one corner of the tarpaulin being turned up to show a partial of the beauty beneath.

Like the colours and detail in your 'rough' shot and prefer your second 'covered' shot - I think showing a little of what's underneath makes it a more interesting image:clap:

Covered is not a shoehorn at all even though it's a mini :D

I prefer the second shot as it's a bit lke a Victorian lady lifting up her skirt to show an ankle :whistle:

Covered #1for me. BG has been covered :D by others. Might have been tempted to get in much closer, maybe.

Cheers.

Good catch up
Vast - that certainly is a vast site perfect for the theme
Rough- the cropped view is better. That boat has certainly seen better days
Covered- I too prefer the second shot with the headlight peeping out but I guess the first is more covered

Hi Mark

Vast - not my idea of perfection (not the world's biggest fan of caravans - mobile or static) but it's definitely on theme. Inclusion of building materials in foreground adds an "interest" element even if it detracts from the sense of holiday etc.
Covered - I love the cheeky little glimpse of "flesh" on the second :)
Rough - not getting this as much as it just feels like it needs to be cropped much closer? There's just a bit too much going on for me in the frame...

Nice one.

Thanks for all the comments everyone I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment

The mini is spot on Mark, you didn't need the others, perfect for your thread. I like your Ferris wheel but is it a tad soft and maybe the socks could so with a bit more saturation?

All good takes on the theme Mark but my fave is the mini. Beautiful colours - that should catch the eye on the L2B run. Like the starburst effect on the chrome. :clap:

The mini is the pick as others have said, Mark. Spot on theme and a good shot of it.

Those socks remind me of another shot I've seen somewhere too :D

Mini for me too! Other shots aren't as strong, that's for sure. Only crit would be the central composition of the mini? Might work better over to one side (left), working with the 'space to drive in to' theory.
The socks look a little soft (BG in focus?), but it's a nice idea! Lego is probably the weakest of the selection - although it's an impressive build, I think the other shots are much stronger! :)

The mini is spot on Mark, you didn't need the others, perfect for your thread. I like your Ferris wheel but is it a tad soft and maybe the socks could so with a bit more saturation?

Thanks Chris I took lots of pictures of Colourful Minis at the show but this one had to be the one I used really.

now thats a mini

Thanks Allan It most certainly is :)

Groovy Man.

Ha Ha I accutally have covered 3 of my Minis in sticky flowers in the past and driven from Lands End to John O'Groats dressed as a hippy (only on the days were were at LE and JOG:exit:)

All good takes on the theme Mark but my fave is the mini. Beautiful colours - that should catch the eye on the L2B run. Like the starburst effect on the chrome. :clap:

Thanks Carl I didn't see this one on L2B lots of other really colourful Minis/MINIS though.

Great colourful shots, love the mini.

Thanks Clive
:plus1: ... I imagine the driver with a matching kipper tie. :D

:)

That mini shot is wonderful - it puts the car right back into the psychedelic sixties. The tiny starbursts are the icing on the cake - love it :clap:

Thanks Emma

The mini is the pick as others have said, Mark. Spot on theme and a good shot of it.

Those socks remind me of another shot I've seen somewhere too :D

Thanks Ian

Well I like all three mark ...the Mini is brilliant ....someone had some patience to do that ....the Ferris Wheel is a mini work of art, and the socks ...how can you not love 'em :)

Thanks Susie it really is and I thinnk it's painted rather then a vinyl wrap!! I wouldn't want to scratch it!. The Ferris wheel was fun to build, and the socks I brought as part of my hippie costume when we took part in the LEJOG Mini rally!

Socks on the washing line, fabulous.

Thanks Chris I wish the sky had been better when I took that picture

Who's to deny you a superb mini shot for colourful, eh Mark? Great spot for the theme and well managed exposure - nice sunburst :) Really like this one (the other two aren't as strong for me)

Great job and not a jot of shoehorn :)

Thanks Paul

Mini for me too! Other shots aren't as strong, that's for sure. Only crit would be the central composition of the mini? Might work better over to one side (left), working with the 'space to drive in to' theory.
The socks look a little soft (BG in focus?), but it's a nice idea! Lego is probably the weakest of the selection - although it's an impressive build, I think the other shots are much stronger! :)

Thanks Matt unfortunatly the Mini was in Concourse and I couldn't get a better composition with out sitting on one of the other cars!!

How did you fare on L2B Mark - it was a beautiful start to the day and remained dry. Hope all went well.

How did you fare on L2B Mark - it was a beautiful start to the day and remained dry. Hope all went well.

It was a good weekend thanks Carl glad I went in the MINI as I think it would have killed me in the classic. Lots of very nice Minis/MINIS included a few form the other side of the channel. The only thing that spoilt it was someone had the very nice classic clubman estate written off while queuing to get into the show by an £$%^^ in a Focus making an illegal U turn

Week 20 Size

2 from me for this one both the same subject from different angles (Oh and I apologise in advance for the subject......)

SIZE1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

SIZE2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Both of them are mine/my brothers

I'm considering getting a sticker made up for the countryman saying 'I'm Still a MINI I've just raided the Cookie Jar!

Hi Mark. Not entirely sure why, maybe because perspective with the larger (red) at the forefront, but #1 shows the Size differential better so maybe that one is best for the theme ... however, I do prefer looking at the beautifully clean and well-maintained classic in #2 (personalised number plates too!). Very impressive set of gates and doors - I see the lights were on indoors and the flag out so Maj must have been in. Should have asked if there was any chance of a quick portraiture ... or better still a quick investiture .... Sir Mark of Downton has a certain ring to it.

I agree #1 for size because the BMW looks a lot bigger than the proper mini. And the Green Park entrance is certainly an impressive entrance, well captured

Hi Mark, well, what can I say. It would have been a lot easier to Forget my knickers in the Clubman than it was in the classic 40 years ago :D

The perspective of the first shot emphasises the difference in sizes best for me.

Those gates are fantastic and are certainly a grand Entrance. The second one is a little dark on my screen so can't make out much detail of the doors.

Great idea for size Mark, 1st one for me, I think it shows the two marques off better.

Entrance, 1st one again, nice colourful and sharp :)
( btw I've told you before, stop taking pictures of my house :p)

Hi Mark. Not entirely sure why, maybe because perspective with the larger (red) at the forefront, but #1 shows the Size differential better so maybe that one is best for the theme ... however, I do prefer looking at the beautifully clean and well-maintained classic in #2 (personalised number plates too!). Very impressive set of gates and doors - I see the lights were on indoors and the flag out so Maj must have been in. Should have asked if there was any chance of a quick portraiture ... or better still a quick investiture .... Sir Mark of Downton has a certain ring to it.

Thanks Carl I tried a shot form side on but I couldn't quite get back further enough as there was a wall in the way!

Hmm your right Sir mark of Downton does have a ring to it I will make sure I have a word next time I'm down there :LOL:

Mark, prefer no 1 for the cars. And the entrance to Green Park you have caught the gold against the black just right

Thanks Carl I had to wait ages for all the tourists to move!

I agree #1 for size because the BMW looks a lot bigger than the proper mini. And the Green Park entrance is certainly an impressive entrance, well captured

Thanks Chris the gates into Green Park really stood out for me I knew it was an ideal subject

Hi Mark, well, what can I say. It would have been a lot easier to Forget my knickers in the Clubman than it was in the classic 40 years ago :D

The perspective of the first shot emphasises the difference in sizes best for me.

Those gates are fantastic and are certainly a grand Entrance. The second one is a little dark on my screen so can't make out much detail of the doors.

Thanks Jill I agree the image of Buckingham Palace is a little dark I lightened it in PS but it didn't look right I may have another look at it.

Great idea for size Mark, 1st one for me, I think it shows the two marques off better.

Entrance, 1st one again, nice colourful and sharp :)
( btw I've told you before, stop taking pictures of my house :p)

Thanks Cobra I wanted to use a MINI hatch to give a fairer comparison but sometimes you just have to use what you've got.

Hmm yes sorry I forgot about that but while were on the subject I think Sire Mark of Downton has a nice ring to it what are the chances.........:LOL:

1st size for me too - the perspective works really well. I like the way the gold of the Green Park gates stands out against the dark foliage.

Thanks Emma I was lucky with the sun light lighting up the gold on the gates like it did.

Colourful - the mini is bar far the best shot
Size - I agree the 1st one emphasizes the difference in size better the 2nd evens them out too much.
entrance - two grand entrances I like the green park gates best.

Back