weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Now I'm back from a week in Tenby and have a decent internet signal I can start my thread for 2016 and get started......

Link to my Flickr Album for 2016 https://www.flickr.com/photos/markgameson/albums/72157661887281514

Week 0 - Old My Nan at her 90th Birthday Meal
Week 1 - Metal Close Up of a our Campanion Set
Week 2 - Captive Frozen Leaf
Week 3 - Miniature Mini models
Week 4 - Happy Smiling Plant Pots
Week 5 - Abandoned Old Buildings
Week 6 - Camouflage This Will Hurt Your Eyes (Sorry)
Week 7 - Danger(mouse)
Week 8 - Topical Vinyl
Week 9 - Living World Dogs and Flowers
Week 10 - Reshoot - Dangerous Fire and an Aerosol Can!!!
Week 11 - Artificial - Egg and Couple of Boats
Week 12 - Personal Certifcates
Week 13 - Effort Fitbit Report
Week 14 - Technology 14 Mini MPI Engine
Week 15 - Horizontal Camera With Horizontal Display
Week 16 - Vast
Holiday Park and the Sea
Week 17 - Rough Rusty Holey Fishing Boat
Week 18 - Covered Undercover Mini
Week 19 - Colourful Colourful Mini/Lego and Socks
Week 20 - Size Little & Large
Week 21 - Entrance The Queens Gates and Doors
Week 22 - Forgotten Boots
Week 23 - Stone Ships/Boats Made From Concrete
Week 24 - Simple My First Camera
Week 25 - Sign + Reshoot Signs/Metal/Old
Week 26 - Flora A few Flowers
Week 27 - Activity Bikes and Shoppers
Week 28 - Life Koi Carp and Fin the Boarder Collie
Week 29 - Hidden Words
Week 30 - Lonely Slide Man
Week 31 - Fauna Little Donkeys
Week 32 - Static Man(akin) and Bike
Week 33 - Game/s Socks
Week 34 - Serene Mist on Sea
Week 35 - Black & White The Engine Driver
Week 36 - Ancient The Fort
Week 37 - Urban Kidderminster's Old Market\
Week 38 - Pair Doc Martins
Week 39 - Big Sigma/Bigma
Week 40 - After After a good clean and polish
Week 41 - Alien Lego Spaceman Meets Biker Mouse from Mars
Week 42 - Liquid Watery Reflections
Week 43 - Cracked Cracked Up
Week 44 - Spooky/Reshoot Ghostly Figures and Canal-side Factories
Week 45 - Pose Studio Shoot
Week 46 - Young Painted Duck Houses
Week 47 - News Paper and Online
Week 48 - Culture 1940's Christmas
Week 49 - Arranged Christmas Decorations
Week 50 - Male/Female Rory and his Frisbee and The Girl on Train
Week 51 - Out and About Above the Motorway
Week 52 - Celebrate Boxing and New Years Day Swims

Last edited by a moderator:
And here he is.... making me eat my words :sulk:

:D

Nice images Mark, especially the pic of your Nan, really nicely picked out from the background - Metal also shows a nice effective DoF and some good detail, glad you got started (y)

Ha Ha sorry @Dark Knight I am determined not to be give up this year.

Thank you I love the picture of my nan the other 3 were taken on my Sony RX100 MKIII pretty impressed with the quality.

Good set there for your catch-up.

As DK says, great shot of your Nan (though she'll not thank you for calling her old ;) ). She really pops from the background.
Metal - Nice clarity on the subject, I'm intrigued to know what the background is.
Captive - As you say, it's an alternative take on the theme. Love the deep strong blues.
Miniature - Cool shot. Red, White & Blue minis could be out of the Italian job. The larger models give a sense of scale. Is the truck a Bedford?

Good set there for your catch-up.

As DK says, great shot of your Nan (though she'll not thank you for calling her old ;) ). She really pops from the background.
Metal - Nice clarity on the subject, I'm intrigued to know what the background is.
Captive - As you say, it's an alternative take on the theme. Love the deep strong blues.
Miniature - Cool shot. Red, White & Blue minis could be out of the Italian job. The larger models give a sense of scale. Is the truck a Bedford?

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

No Nan would probably hit me she did after I told her mom and dad were taking her to McDonald's for lunch!!

Not sure on the truck I cannot see a make on it I have another idea for a take on this shot using one of the larger models and my classic and new minis

Old - I like the central placement and good separation from the background, nice sense of story, very good
Metal - good details and nice echoes in the background, like the chunky solidity conveyed by the tight crop which really gives a feeling of metal
Capitve - brilliant take on the theme, well captured
Miniature - bet you really struggled with this theme ;-) Really nice take on it and I love the scale provided by the larger model in the background.

Good catch up, just in time for another...

Old - I like the central placement and good separation from the background, nice sense of story, very good
Metal - good details and nice echoes in the background, like the chunky solidity conveyed by the tight crop which really gives a feeling of metal
Capitve - brilliant take on the theme, well captured
Miniature - bet you really struggled with this theme ;-) Really nice take on it and I love the scale provided by the larger model in the background.

Good catch up, just in time for another...

Thanks Chris I could have spent ages taking images for Miniature (I might try a couple more yet!)

Thanks Chris I could have spent ages taking images for Miniature (I might try a couple more yet!)
Looking forward to it, you could always do what Cobra does and post what you like and claim it fits the theme "shoehorn" more of these shots into other themes

Love the Mini shot. I'm surprised there haven't been more model cars this week!

Red, White & Blue minis could be out of the Italian job... Is the truck a Bedford?

They are out of the Italian job: the transporter (which is a Fiat Bartoletti, not a Bedford) carries the phrase "The Self Preservation Society".

Well done catching up.

Old - Nice shot with a sense of what is happening in the background. Like the light and tones in the shot.
Metal - Good detail on the chain and use of DOF. Would be interesting to know what it's part of.
Captive - Like the shot, especially the deep blue with the green. I'm not sure what it is though, is it a leaf in some ice?
Miniature - Nice collection. Good use of DOF again and particularly like the slightly larger models behind.

Well done catching up.

Old - Nice shot with a sense of what is happening in the background. Like the light and tones in the shot.
Metal - Good detail on the chain and use of DOF. Would be interesting to know what it's part of.
Captive - Like the shot, especially the deep blue with the green. I'm not sure what it is though, is it a leaf in some ice?
Miniature - Nice collection. Good use of DOF again and particularly like the slightly larger models behind.

Thanks for your comments Steve

Metal is the top of one of the pieces of a companion set by our wood burner (it was a little warm taking the shot!)

Captive your right its a leaf that had fallen in to a pool of water that had formed in a tarpaulin and then frozen the other night

Love the Mini shot. I'm surprised there haven't been more model cars this week!

They are out of the Italian job: the transporter (which is a Fiat Bartoletti, not a Bedford) carries the phrase "The Self Preservation Society".

Thanks Nick I'm a little surprised too I expected to have to find another idea!

They are indeed out of an Italian Job Set brought them at the FOS in 2013 the detail on them is good for such small models

I like them all Mark but especially that one of your Nan. So nicely taken; just the right DoF to show the environment without distracting. Nice clunky image for Metal and Captive is a novel one for the theme. As for Miniature, nicely composed to give an idea of scale and beautiful models to engage. Well done on the catch-up. :clap:

Nice catch up Mark

Great image of your Nan too (y)

Hi Mark ...

Super shot of your Nan, and well done to her for reaching the age of ninety.
Great choice of the chunky metal in your Metal shot, and I really like your unusual idea for Captive.
Miniature is spot on for the focus ...and the composition is spot on too ....good to see you've got started ...good luck for the next 49 weeks:)

Hi, good start and thats the way to do a catch up
OLD, nice shot of your nan
METAL, maybe a bit of a crop in to the main chain but only a personal preference
CAPTURE, love the blue in the image and a nice idea
MINIATURE, would never have guessed you are a fan of Minis

Captive - I like the colours and take on the theme, I am not 100% convinced on the central composition but
Overall I like it.

Miniature - Nice context and colours - I like the addition of the books I think it adds to the context :clap:

Last edited:
Old - Lovely pic Happy Birthday to your Nan she is looking good
Metal - not sure what it is but its a great picture
Captive - Different take on the theme
Miniature - I too thought of the Italian Job when I saw it my favorite of the 4

Really like the miniature shot, makes me miss my purple 90BHP sworks, your others are great too especially your nan, say hi

Last edited:
Hi Mark

Old ... yea fits the theme .. nice focus

Metal ... lovely and chunky ... again, nice focus job

Captive ... My fave of the four ... a bit abstracty. Brilliant idea for the theme

Mini....ature ... Nice one!

Nice set of pictures No1 nice DoF a photo to cherish
No2 Metal nice and sharp great DoF I like that a lot
No3 Captive very different great colour blue definitely my favourite of the four
No4 Miniature great shot love the big mini in the background stands out really well with the 3 miniature minis (y)

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Trying to come up with one for happy now also got to get some shots for 'Life in Motion' for a club completion too.....

Back