weekly Ecniv - TP 52 2021

Film
I think you've picked the right one for the main thread. The film came to me straight away.

Indecision again this week. I always want to try to have a few suggestions..

So, half/halves...
Here in NL (yes back again - missed all the snow/ice and pictures) it is fairly hard to find jaffa cakes. However the locally found similar cakes are Pims...

So thinking back to the jaffa cake advert... Full moon, half moon and total eclipse...

Half a world (due to fog)

Last edited:
The one you went with works, but I agree with your original idea on the "Jaffa" cake - I think that would have been even better.

Yes - a lovely misty canal shot. Like it a lot :)

Nice image. (that line across the water is distracting).

Nice mist you caught. I feel like I want to zoom in and lose the right hand building and line on the water. Works well as it is though.

Half
The Jaffa cake image concept is great, a memorable advert too :D

Film title
Didn't how about the spoiler function, worked great for this theme. I was having a mind blank on the first image and a lightbulb moment when I revealed it :rolleyes:

Been a bit lax on the processing (still taking during the week though).
Question : The Tech low key - can this be in post processing or best in camera and a bit of experimenting.
I still have a few more rough pictures to process (tomorrow evening)
First up - reflection options.... a lot more difficult that I thought it would be...

This is the one I think I will go with...

The first rough themed pic of the tree bark is the pick of the bunch for me

Reflection - I like the first one as the repeat reflections ensure you know it is a reflection.

Rough: I'm zipping through catching up on comments so haven't checked all your pics, sorry, but first is on theme and works well as does the last. First of the unshaven ones I like, but I think the light bit needs to be a bit brighter - or it could be the sun on my screen.

Rough - The tree fits the theme and there is nice detail in the bark. The shaving ones are also good the first & third I like most, the outline of the first is great, while the 3rd looks roughest.

Pete

Reflection I like, some OOFness here & there. And there is clearly a camera in the picture too.

The selfies are just great ... all of them.

Question : The Tech low key - can this be in post processing or best in camera
Either way (y)

Great set of selfies too.

The first rough shot works will. Nice dof highlights the bark.
Good selfies.. #1 would be my choice.

TP 52 2021 - Week 11 - Smooth
First thought in my mind (and it stuck) Smooth like Chocolate
second thought Smooth as Chocolate....
wait...
Smooth as glass/silk .... sweet as chocolate.. ahhhhh
Low light...? /\
A bit of different lighting (same single cobra flashmate and hanky) minor editting in some pics as I got the light and hand in the pic... (LR easy ones and GIMP for the harder ones)

I think I might use this one...

or one of the many tulips my wife bought

or maybe the third test of the lee filters big stopper holding... (smooth water)

Well, you certainly haven't been guilty of just going with the first idea you had!

Personally, I think I would have used #3, but several good contenders.

I also like 3 the best, but good on you for trying different subjects for the theme.

Pete

Reflection
I like all three, I prefer the second one though, the first looks too busy, the third is a close contender but prefer the background in two.

Rough
The tree bark one would be my choice, nice detail with the contrasting out of focus area. Although the first self portrait has great control of the edge lighting.

Smooth
I really like the tulips image as a photograph, not sure if I get smooth from it though

Alive

I think you picked the best shot. I like the DOF used, who does not like a daff this time of year

Pete

You nearly got a 'no comment' for linking through to that bug shot !!! yuck.
I think I may have gone with the purple daff (?) because I feel the yellow ones need brightening a little, whereas the purple one is just bright enough.

Easter.. hmmm

Wind, snow, rain, sun, cloudy.... just this monday...
so choccy easter egg(s) it is... although the big one was a bit broken on delivery... still tasted great ;)

false hdr.. used a stack focus picture in hdr settings of affinity.. sort of looks good.. perhaps proper hdr next time...

might try that with the duck as a test...
I found stack in affinity, did nothing, but focus option did seem to work...

or the eggs all together...

or just one, focus stacked...

only thing here is the table is a smooth top from ikea ... but looks like an orange skin texture in this photo...

Last edited:
And not a daffodil (at least I dont think it is)
I have to say, I have no idea. I was just going with...
Flower shot.... I have a few of daffodils...
But if it's not a rose, buttercup or daisy, then it's already exceeded my botanical knowledge.

Of the 4 Easter shots, #2 is my favourite. I'm guessing it was a focus stack from your comment/.

I have to say, I have no idea. I was just going with...

But if it's not a rose, buttercup or daisy, then it's already exceeded my botanical knowledge.

Of the 4 Easter shots, #2 is my favourite. I'm guessing it was a focus stack from your comment/.
Yes, I still dont think I'm doing it right. Focus on an point, take picture, move focus a bit take picture... but with the 105mm lens the rest of the picture 'moves' when changing focus...
Wondering if I should try with one of those macro rails... hmmmm

Last edited:
I think you chose the right shot. Nice dof and bang on theme.

Back