weekly Em's 52 for 2016 - Celebration added

Week 1: Metal - a nice capture...I immediately thought of the Soup Dragon from the Clangers when I saw it. Nice lighting, but would have been nicer if the tail was lighter - however now that I've read how you lit the shot, that's being super critical! Well done Emma.

Best,
David

Great colour and beautifully lit

How big is it emma? My initial thought was tiny but on second thoughts it could be say 12 inches ??

Hi, catching up on commenting

Old - Very nice shot, liking the colours and the bokeh with the lights.
Metal - that's a very unusual object but very nice. Good shot with some nice lighting.

I really like this shot Emma, the booked is just right. If I'm being super critical I would have preferred that the lights were removed or dulled down a little. However it's a great shot - would love to see a black and white version.

Best,
David
Hi, catching up on commenting

Old - Very nice shot, liking the colours and the bokeh with the lights.
Metal - that's a very unusual object but very nice. Good shot with some nice lighting.
Thank you both...I guess wrapping a torch in a bandage isn't a conventional lighting technique, then David ;)

Hi Emma

Great character and beautifully lit! David has already mentioned soup dragons - so he is as old as me then!!! I think lighting it with a cloth wrapped torch is a great idea! Keep it simple - and it works really well. The colour is really good and the image is sharp and crisp. Nice job! Good luck with the remaining 51 !

Hi Emma

Great character and beautifully lit! David has already mentioned soup dragons - so he is as old as me then!!! I think lighting it with a cloth wrapped torch is a great idea! Keep it simple - and it works really well. The colour is really good and the image is sharp and crisp. Nice job! Good luck with the remaining 51 !
Thanks Richard - who doesn't love the Clangers? Can't we all pretend we've only seen the remake?!

OLD is lovely!
And I'm loving the dragon for your METAL shot :)

Your old photo has a really nice depth of field and clearly links to the theme. Your second one stands out for sure, a well lit little creature. Great choice for subject.

A nice playful and well thought out subject again for week 3, clear links to the theme and you've captured the colours cleanly with non-obstructive shadows.

Best of luck finishing the 52s,
Oscar

Last edited:
I am loving the creativity of this :) the lighting really works for the subject matter and it fits the theme perfectly (y)

Emma Hi, great choice for the theme, clever and perfectly done.

Love the picture, I was thinking about getting some lego out for this week's!

LOL very good Emma, nicely taken, nice use of light too, just "dark" enough to make it believable (y)

Very good. I like the bars on the window behind the prisoner too. Luckily the prison guards remembered to take the guns from his holster too :)

Hi, not a fan of Lego pics as such but you have used it well and perfect for the theme

Your old photo has a really nice depth of field and clearly links to the theme. Your second one stands out for sure, a well lit little creature. Great choice for subject.

A nice playful and well thought out subject again for week 3, clear links to the theme and you've captured the colours cleanly with non-obstructive shadows.

Best of luck finishing the 52s,
Oscar
I am loving the creativity of this :) the lighting really works for the subject matter and it fits the theme perfectly (y)
Emma Hi, great choice for the theme, clever and perfectly done.
Yes Emma this works perfectly.

Gaz
Love the picture, I was thinking about getting some lego out for this week's!
lovely fun interpretation and liking the composition too :)
:agree: With everyone above nice lighting well framed nice shot.
Super fun interpretation Emma ....really nicely done.
Thank you everyone for your comments!

Now he looks like one mean dude. Definitely the right place, behind bars. Inventive take, nicely executed.

Back