Eos 6d Owners Thread!

its arrived yay, only concern is all this stuff I've got to learn, much more complicated than my 5d, anyway better than talking to the wife and kids...

ok was pretty much going to get the Canon 35mm F2 IS but so much favour for the Sigma 35 art,so I'm now unsure.

been looking at some reviews on you tube,seems to be a lot of people having back and front focussing issues and its recommended to calibrate the lens,now I'm thinking do I really want to go through that at my time of life :)

Once it's calibrated i've had no issues with mine, consistent stellar performance.

* i invested in the Sigma USB dock as well to get it pin sharp precise across the range.
Will have to consider this,I'm not 100% sure yet wether to purchase the lens or have a rethink on something similar focal length.
thanks for the advice.

Will have to consider this,I'm not 100% sure yet wether to purchase the lens or have a rethink on something similar focal length.
thanks for the advice.
It's always said but the 35mm (either Canon or Sigma) just have a 'look' to the focal length on a FF body.

Last edited:
I'm getting the new 35L well if those numbers come up tonight ;)

Well this is a rumour that will turn a few eyebrows...

eos6d2big-635x403.jpg

• 24mp Full Frame CMOS
  • 1.5 stops better at higher ISO
  • Low-light autofocus (centre point) at -5 EV
  • Two AF systems are currently being tested or the EOS 6D Mark II and which was chosen is unknown at this time. There will be more AF points than the current camera.
  • WiFi with NFC and GPS
  • Wireless battery charging with the Qi standard
  • Internally Canon switches from VxWorks (Could have meant DRYOS) to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.
  • Dual-pixel autofocus technology
  • Touchscreen
  • Swivel LCD

For me the only reason I would upgrade if Canon finally did massively better with the dynamic range to compare to the Nikons I use to have, If this is the future specs of the camera I'm not too ken on the Swivel LCD & Touchscreen features personally...

Joe,may i ask you something.
If you had a Nikon kit with a better dynamic range what made you switch to Canon.
Also dynamic range refers to the detail in the light and shadow areas yes? is this really noticeable on a pc monitor or more if you print bigger,and lastly are there options to makeup for a loss of DR,say HDR?
cheers

Nothing there would make be upgrade. The 6D is already fantastic for low light so whilst a 1.5 stop better high ISO is nice, it not a must have. Wifi and GPS never gets used on mine anyway and wireless charging is a bit MEH. Touch and swivel screen just don't do it for me.

The only thing going for this upgrade so far is an improved auto focus system, details of which are currently unknown.

Joe,may i ask you something.
If you had a Nikon kit with a better dynamic range what made you switch to Canon.
Also dynamic range refers to the detail in the light and shadow areas yes? is this really noticeable on a pc monitor or more if you print bigger,and lastly are there options to makeup for a loss of DR,say HDR?
cheers

Dynamic range is only a landscape thing mainly, well was for me anyways. Which isn't my main area more like a secondary to me, I switched to Canon as I mentioned previously in this thread or another maybe ( can't remember :p ) purely down to the business side of things, It was more cost effective in my upgrade to jump to Canon bodies work better for me with the wildlife, I use to own for wildlife the Nikon 400mm f/2.8, D800, D610, D3 etc. loved the D800 and still do, but at the end of the day I needed to change over to upgrade a few other lenses inc. the 400mm that I owned, Possible the sharpest lens I have ever owned but I was using a converter 99% of the time or cropping massive which was having a massive impact. I could ramble on about it for ages but don't want to bore you ;)

You are correct about the dynamic range, its how much you can recover in the shadows/highlights. It is a massively noticeable advantage on the Nikons, Check this shot out which was took 4.5 stops under exposed to regain the foreground and the interesting sky, not even a hint of noise etc. in the shot, quite incredible really. This is took with the D610 I think, the D800 was better at doing it and apparently the D750 kings the lot these days. Anyways I'll let you the different before and after for yourself...

%25255C.jpg

Dynamic range is always a grey area with canon never really had a issue tbh have you ever tried the ettr method?

Dynamic range is always a grey area with canon never really had a issue tbh have you ever tried the ettr method?

Still doesn't come anywhere close to the Nikons, either way at least now it makes me use my LEE filters more and gets rid of the laziness of doing it all in post :p But on a serious note Canon can't get anywhere near to them Sony Sensors.

can anyone who has a 35mm and the 24-105 please post 2 shots taken with both at 35mm F4 please if possible ,in the nest few days would be ok.
thanks

hi john,
I would like to view the images on my mac at 35mm to see if i can see much difference between a prime and the zoom as I'm considering buying a 35mm.
thanks

having seen the presentation of the iPad pro this evening i wouldn't mind one of those,the res looks to be really nice so might have to juggle money :)

can anyone who has a 35mm and the 24-105 please post 2 shots taken with both at 35mm F4 please if possible ,in the nest few days would be ok.
thanks
Which 35mm?

Had mine since April. I'm still baffled by the wifi. I can get my android phone app to communicate in the home but not in the field. I thought I'd be able to use it out and about.

Back