Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Been thinking about swapping my Fuji kit for a 6D. Anyone got good/bad/indifferent opinions on the 6D?

I like the X-T1 but miss the full frame goodness and focus speed of a DSLR.

Been thinking about swapping my Fuji kit for a 6D. Anyone got good/bad/indifferent opinions on the 6D?

I like the X-T1 but miss the full frame goodness and focus speed of a DSLR.

I've come from an X-T1, I really miss the tilting screen for low shots but other than that I've not experienced anything of major concern.

The main annoyances are that I'm not a fan of the wheel selector thingy, and having to think/worry about micro-adjusting lenses is a real pain having been used to the unnerving out-of-the-box accuracy of mirrorless. On the point of AF, the X-T1 is pretty darn rapid in the AF stakes now, the 6D really doesn't feel that much different.

It's nice that relatively speaking, lenses are so much cheaper and obviously the choice is huge, but saying that you need really good (generally L) glass to match the stunning Fuji efforts. Having reasonably reliable indication of battery life is also a bonus!

I've come from an X-T1, I really miss the tilting screen for low shots

If you have three hands you can use your mobile phone or a tablet as a screen via the WiFi app. Keep thinking a little holder either off the hot shoe or the tripod screw would be handy, at least until I get that third arm.

If you have three hands you can use your mobile phone or a tablet as a screen via the WiFi app. Keep thinking a little holder either off the hot shoe or the tripod screw would be handy, at least until I get that third arm.

I've an idea, go pro tripod mounts (a), plus gopro arms (b), with a mobile phone tripod mount (c).

Connect male (a) to the camera, use (b) to connect to female (a), which connects to (c).

Assuming you can get both female and make (a).

took this yesterday

Attachments

• 12006214_10153016240835443_2136096697418408935_n.jpg
    12006214_10153016240835443_2136096697418408935_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 29
I've come from an X-T1, I really miss the tilting screen for low shots but other than that I've not experienced anything of major concern.

The main annoyances are that I'm not a fan of the wheel selector thingy, and having to think/worry about micro-adjusting lenses is a real pain having been used to the unnerving out-of-the-box accuracy of mirrorless. On the point of AF, the X-T1 is pretty darn rapid in the AF stakes now, the 6D really doesn't feel that much different.

It's nice that relatively speaking, lenses are so much cheaper and obviously the choice is huge, but saying that you need really good (generally L) glass to match the stunning Fuji efforts. Having reasonably reliable indication of battery life is also a bonus!
You don't have to worry about micro adjusting lenses?

If my 12 they all work perfectly without MA out of the box.

Why do you think you need to use MA?

Last edited:
You don't have to worry about micro adjusting lenses?

If my 12 they all work perfectly without MA out of the box.

Why do you think you need to use MA?

My 50mm 1.4 is on +15! The difference between shooting with Live View and viewfinder was a real eye opener until I MA'd my lenses. The 135mm f2 is absolutely nailed on straight out of the box, but that's been the only one.

My 50mm 1.4 is on +15! The difference between shooting with Live View and viewfinder was a real eye opener until I MA'd my lenses. The 135mm f2 is absolutely nailed on straight out of the box, but that's been the only one.
Fair enough, but the 50mm 1.4 has a bit of a front / back focus reputation!

Definitely not a sharp lens wide open. Ok from about f2.

I found the sigma 50mm f1.4 slightly better but not as good as I thought it would be.

The sigma 50mm f1.4 art is however in a completely different league. However it does cost a lot more.

Nothing wrong with the 50 ex dg, not miles from the art in fact. Mike must've had a poor copy.
Yes possibly, I did see some improvements over the Canon version but not as much as I thought I would based on other comments I've seen. My art does blow the other 50mm lenses I've had out of the water though.

I agree that the sigma 50mm ex dg does get a great reputation so might have been not the best copy I had

I wanted to see what the sRAW files were like so a quick grab shot with the 50/1.4 @f2.8 (Not a particularly good photo...)

Lazy Sundays... by Joe Hunt, on Flickr

Yep - looks good quality to me, this is a slight crop too.

Looks better enlarged on flickr.

Talking about the 50/1.4 .... I've also noticed it's not tack sharp wide open. I thought it was me/my lens/my 6D :eek:

I'll try it some more..

I wanted to see what the sRAW files were like so a quick grab shot with the 50/1.4 @f2.8 (Not a particularly good photo...)

Lazy Sundays... by Joe Hunt, on Flickr

Yep - looks good quality to me, this is a slight crop too.

Looks better enlarged on flickr.

Talking about the 50/1.4 .... I've also noticed it's not tack sharp wide open. I thought it was me/my lens/my 6D :eek:

I'll try it some more..

Flickr sharpen images, so it's going to look better than an unsharpened RAW file.

So; the wi-fi function.

I can get it working with my phone fine, which is great.

But when I go; menu>wifi function>upload to web service>find network>

= my router doesn't appear on the list, and it didn't work when trying the WPS Connection

This is despite standing next to it. I can see other routers but not mine. My phone / ipad / laptop can all find the router no problem.

Also, what is the GPS function for?

Thanks

Doesn't it just use a type of NFC?

anyone else getting upload issues into Lightroom 5.5, most of my shots straight into it are coming out as white shots with coloured lines through them, having to load onto the Mac and then from there into Lightroom, loading through a card reader by the way

the video that twist posted ,there is an option to either use the camera or the router,by default its set to the dlsr,if you want to use the router you need to change to other option in the wifi menu on the camera

has anyone done micro adjustments on the camera for their lenses? did it make them sharper? been playing with mine and finding the nifty fifty and my 24-105 shots are missing it on portraits that my old 5d didn't.

has anyone done micro adjustments on the camera for their lenses? did it make them sharper? been playing with mine and finding the nifty fifty and my 24-105 shots are missing it on portraits that my old 5d didn't.
Extensively used MFA, vaguely time consuming but well worth it. Some of my lens are virtual 0 no adjustment others the more extremes of the range.

If you want to short cut doing it yourself install Magiclantern then the dottune module, it will MFA automatically for you. It does a pretty good job, i then follow it up with a manual check either side of it's selection to make sure it's spot on.

my concern with magic lantern is never touched it before and don't want to brick a brand new camera

Back