Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Thanks John
Just realised i should have put i would like a screw in circular filter,sorry.

Last edited:
Hitech 0.3 0.6 .09 & a b&w 10 stop :)

Last edited:
the ten stop haze a foam thing on it what creates a seal, this document indicates a 3 or 6 stop are more useful but they don't come with the foam so could create light leak, personally I have 3&9 stops also but usually have them as second filters on top of the 10 stop

Definitely a ten-stopper. The last time I used mine for stream/water shots, I was still using 1-2 minute exposures. A six-stopper would need 16 times less, so about 3-7 seconds, which may not be long enough in many cases.

Last edited:
Yeah a six-stopper would require 16x shorter exposure than a ten-stopper, so a minute long one with a ten would be around 4 seconds with a six.

Haha sorry, yeah I was getting confused - edited it quickly and didn't think anyone would have seen it but you were obviously too fast

Vertigo have a look at this and tell me what you think, he uses most of time 6 stop for 2-4 mins , hes part of the breakthrough company that sell x3 nd filters. Some nice shots,

Interesting read. I guess it all depends on how strong a filter you need to get to the right exposure length (2-4 minutes in his case). If he's exposing such that a 6-stop gives him 2-4 minutes then a 10-stop would be a nightmare as it'd give 32-64 minute exposures. Conversely, my examples were around 1-2 minutes with a 10-stop and would thus have been 4-8 seconds with a 6-stop which wouldn't have been long enough.

It's down to what you shoot really. I can believe that, if he's on about landscapes around golden hour, there'll be much less light available so a 6-stopper might be better. My shots were all during the day in good light so I needed more stops.

Well, firstly dropping from 100 to 50 ISO is only a single stop, so only the same as using a 7-stop filter. Secondly I never ever use ISO 50 as it's artificial and reduces the dynamic range. Stick to 100 as the lowest.

Hey Vert
SRB have stopped stocking those ND's because of quality issues with the glass coming out not because of lack of a good quality glass,so they recommend their own ND1000 unsurprisingly lol. but they get good reviews too.

I'm sure there are many good, cheap ND filters out there, the issue is finding them. Everyone always says to get the B+W one at over £100 but frankly I think that's daylight robbery and wouldn't pay it on principle. The issue with many of the cheap ones is they are indeed cheap and nasty and often introduce nasty colour castes which need correcting in post. I got the Camdiox after someone took a gamble and reported back how good it was. Couldn't go wrong at that price really. They're available on eBay for around £38 it seems.

A few from a recent trip to the Lake District, just a quick resize/crop for the forum

lake1-5.jpg

lake1-7.jpg

lake1-9.jpg

Back