weekly Erce - 52 in 2013 Time and Juxtaposition added

Hi Kate

welcome to the 52's madhouse , Look forward to seeing your shots (y)

1 Sin by purrplekate, on Flickr

Kinda obvious, this is a small (!) selection of bottles currently lurking in the house....all empty...which is a sin!

although, I think my white balance is out as the white seems blue now....

Last edited:
Hi, like it. One of the best, IMHO, so far. Well composed, good detail and depth, bokeh and liking the empty bottles.

WB is a tad off but this is easily fixed and I think it deserves to be fixed.

Good start. Don't forget to add a link to here in the main thread to increase traffic here :)

Cheers.

Very shiny and christmasy. Only criticism is that it looks too nice and clean to be sinful!:LOL:

Great start :clap: - only 51 to go!

Lovely. Love the bokeh too.

Almost too nice to be sinful :D

The edit is much better Kate, love the bokeh in the background. I'm surprised you managed to take a photograph if you have consumed that much alcohol over the festive period :D

Well done on sorting the White Balance, and top marks to Andy for tactfully critiquing this!

Great work on the arrangement giving the decreasing sizes to enhance the perspective.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the Captain Morgan (?) bottle far right.... Think either needs to be removed, or a chop through its shoulder rather than it's neck I could live with.

But minor niggle in a beautifully lit, colourful, well composed first pic.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I too wondered about the clipped bottle, I think, on reflection I would have arranged the bottles a bit better, but never mind :) Onwards and upwards!

I like that (edited version). Lovely colours and very sharp, with a nice Christmasy feel to it.

Clipped bottle as mentioned would be my only crit :)

nice start and well done for sorting out the wb the bg adds that xmassy feel too

I think the clutter of the bottles really works well in this shot with the Christmas lights in the background.

This good Kate. I rate it as one of the best taken shots.

Hi, Kate, missed you so far :thinking:

Sin, surly drinking a Sin...did a drink related one as well (y)

WB looks good, nice DOF and bokeh. Specular highlights is something I need to do more research on how to remove.

Season, like this one. Nice and close, lovely detail. WB looks a tad warm and I'd loose the lower right twig.

Good show.

Cheers.

nice take on season I would have included the end of the branch even though it isn't in focus niceDoF and really sharp :clap:

I struggled this week to find time and energy, but I am almost happy with this. This is in colour, despite the monochrome look and I had to try something with long-ish exposures so there as some experimentation to be done!

gravity1 by purrplekate, on Flickr

Good capture.

I tried for a similar shot but with a ping pong ball and gave up in frustration.

Nice focus on the ball and a nice trail.

Only crit would be a little of the trail cut off at the top but it's one of them things :)

Good capture.

I tried for a similar shot but with a ping pong ball and gave up in frustration.

I also tried this, and gave up in frustration. I'm very impressed, What's your secret Kate?

my only negative is there seems to be a stain on it, I tried to clean my screen :LOL: did you scan it in?

nice take on the theme love the motion blur only crit would be the black line at the bottom could have been cropped out

Thanks for the comments. I will try and answer any questions:)

This was a long-ish exposure of a bouncing ball with a flash at the end to freeze the ball. There were a few bounces that didn;t quite come out, possible causing "stain" marks? The ball had to be moving slowish so what you are seeing I think is the last bounce with the ball arcing over at the top.

I am not sure what has caused the noise, the iso was set at 200 I think. I did think of cropping out the dark line but kept it in to denote the ground....but lookng back maybe I should have gone with my first thought.

Might revisit this and try and get a better catch later.

Back