F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
If it's any solace it's nissing down like a pewt in the Midlands too.

On the upside if it is raining then the pub tour is less of an excuse :)

Hard cheese guys it's warm and sunny near London erm but the downpours start tomorrow.

Cracking visit to Porthcothan this afternoon! Grey overcast skies and a lot of mist, but bucket loads of atmosphere for some black and white shots.

View attachment 102247

Any photographer that co-ordinates his trousers and shoes with his camera bag is just to trendy for me. :)

Any photographer that co-ordinates his trousers and shoes with his camera bag is just to trendy for me. :)

It's what all the best dressed film photographers are wearing this year.... Or it will be now I've set the trend.:)

Yesterday was wet in the morning, and visits were made to Falmouth. The evening light was nice from Porthcothan. Annoyingly, I left a filter case with 3 NDs on the cliffs; they were gone when we went back this morning. Today poor old @RaglanSurf had to go back home; the weather has been lovely, we went to Chapel Porth and Wheal Coates near St Agnes. I managed to trip and fall on the cliff path, which was annoying, though no bones broken this time. Along the cliffs to Bedruthan Steps for sunset with @Andysnap and @Mrs Snap ; we missed the really nice light, though @Woodsy and @Carl Hall went with @nikki_s to the other side of Porthcothan and got there in time for the good light. Now we're contemplating going home, tomorrow... :(

Yesterday was wet in the morning, and visits were made to Falmouth. The evening light was nice from Porthcothan. Annoyingly, I left a filter case with 3 NDs on the cliffs; they were gone when we went back this morning. Today poor old @RaglanSurf had to go back home; the weather has been lovely, we went to Chapel Porth and Wheal Coates near St Agnes. I managed to trip and fall on the cliff path, which was annoying, though no bones broken this time. Along the cliffs to Bedruthan Steps for sunset with @Andysnap and @Mrs Snap ; we missed the really nice light, though @Woodsy and @Carl Hall went with @nikki_s to the other side of Porthcothan and got there in time for the good light. Now we're contemplating going home, tomorrow... :(

Don't suppose one if you drives a red'ish Volvo parked up near the coastguard lookout at Wheal Coates yesterday lunchtime? Lady driver, gent with dslr and zoom.

Don't suppose one if you drives a red'ish Volvo parked up near the coastguard lookout at Wheal Coates yesterday lunchtime? Lady driver, gent with dslr and zoom.

No dslr,'s on this trip..... And no Volvo's either.:D We were at Wheal Coates yesterday though and its another fantastic spot.
Sadly it's nearly time to go, bags packed, car loaded and house cleaned. Big thanks to all who came and made it, even on the wet days, a fun week.
(y)

And we're back in Southampton :) Rather long car journey home...@Woodsy insisted on using a rather terrible West Country accent almost all the way...Thanks everyone for an awesome week, really good to see you all again! Looking forward to the next one :)

We got back about 6pm. First load of washing is on! We had a great time with some fab people despite the changeable weather! What a beautiful area to spend the week. Here's to the next one :D

I helped by going to the pub. :)

We've stayed on at the Merrymoor for an extra night. Walked from Porthcothan to Constantine Bay and back in the morning; only rained heavily once (we were promised sun all the way). Then this afternoon we walked from Mawgan Porth to Watergate Bay. The bus didn't come for ages (apparently they are only every two hours, not every hour, until 28 May)r. Down on the beach for sunset this evening, which might turn out nice after all.

Thanks very much everyone, for a great week which I enjoyed very much... despite the rain!

(apparently they are only every two hours, not every hour, until 28 May)

You're lucky to be visiting in this modern era - they used to be every May but only on odd leap years...

I was hoping to get down and put a few faces to names but you were lucky - real life and the weather put paid to my planned 2 wheeled jaunt down to exercise the F80!

Glad you had a decent time despite the weather. I have to admit that I prefer the area when it's blowing a gale and the waves are crashing 1/2 way up the cliffs. Same goes for Dartmoor, only the waves rarely reach THAT high!

Glad you had a decent time despite the weather. I have to admit that I prefer the area when it's blowing a gale and the waves are crashing 1/2 way up the cliffs. Same goes for Dartmoor, only the waves rarely reach THAT high!

Yes, the upside was that the waves were rough and heading straight for the coast. There was plenty of spray on the rocks, but I suspect when the pics come back it will turn out to be insignificant in scale compared to my imagination!

I know the feeling! The waves in Iceland in 2015 were pretty epic but you can't really get the scale of them from the photos. Good job I have some decent images left from using the old Mk 1 eyeballs!

We've stayed on at the Merrymoor for an extra night. Walked from Porthcothan to Constantine Bay and back in the morning; only rained heavily once (we were promised sun all the way). Then this afternoon we walked from Mawgan Porth to Watergate Bay. The bus didn't come for ages (apparently they are only every two hours, not every hour, until 28 May)r. Down on the beach for sunset this evening, which might turn out nice after all.

Thanks very much everyone, for a great week which I enjoyed very much... despite the rain!

How is the Merrymoor Chris? Hope the sun is shining and you're having a lovely morning :)

How is the Merrymoor Chris? Hope the sun is shining and you're having a lovely morning :)

Not too bad, quite a small room but the view is stunning, straight across the bay. Bit of drizzle this morning but brighter spells as well.

Where did/do you buy your Cornish Tea?

Not too bad, quite a small room but the view is stunning, straight across the bay. Bit of drizzle this morning but brighter spells as well.

Where did/do you buy your Cornish Tea?

You can buy a small box from the Village Store in Mawgan Porth, the large 1100 bag came from Mole Valley Farm store which is not far from Newquay airport :)

Just wanted to say a great big thumbs up to all involved, it was a fantastic week even if the weather wasn't exactly what we ordered, me and Shireen had a great time.

Special thanks to Nikki and Woodsy for organising and Janet for finding the house.

Awesome job all round, just have to hope that I managed to snap something decent.

Can't wait for the next one :D

Just wanted to say a great big thumbs up to all involved, it was a fantastic week even if the weather wasn't exactly what we ordered, me and Shireen had a great time.

Special thanks to Nikki and Woodsy for organising and Janet for finding the house.

Awesome job all round, just have to hope that I managed to snap something decent.

Can't wait for the next one :D

Wales would be nice, SE corner (or East) could be convenient for a lot of people. (y)

Well we all finished a film so hopefully we will get a few pics up in a few days. The highlight was the talking Minolta, a camera so great it should be knighted... 'too dark, use flash'... Hilarious. :D

I'd just like to thank yawl for using that rain up, the caring sharing nature that exists in F&C knows no bounds..:)

I think the crap camera was the only one that I managed to finish a film in. They don't call me 'the camera assassin' for nothing! ;):eek::rolleyes:

I think the crap camera was the only one that I managed to finish a film in. They don't call me 'the camera assassin' for nothing! ;):eek::rolleyes:
I've never seen anyone destroy so many cameras in such a short space of time :D

I've never seen anyone destroy so many cameras in such a short space of time :D

I actually had both of the Nikons working again this morning.... for a while :( So the original one is off to Miles for a CLA etc and I will contact Ffordes tomorrow and work out the next step. We may get the black one they have and try that until Miles fixes the original. The Olympus is dead I'm afraid, the rewind spindle is bent beyond use and it won't wind on or fire. sad as it was a nice little camera.

Is that the 105 zoom that is dead or another olympus?

No, Jan's RC. It fell out of her pocket, twice, through a hole no one knew was there.

That vivitar might do as a replacement. It's got strap lugs so you can add a bungee cord if it tries to escape as well ;)

I'm losing track of this thread, there's something about a Harry Potter pocket charm that went wrong and bust an RC, a Minolta that talks with a Cornish accent and apparently Miles Whitehead is gonna fix it all, presumably with the cruciate curse and a needle and thread......I dunno.........I just dunno

Oh, there's far more than has been revealed so far, John... Nick's car suddenly refused to allow the rear door to close properly, possibly as a hint he needs some new cameras, a malevolent force threw me to the ground not once but twice, while the ceiling in our room bashed me on the head. Several pieces missing in the jigsaw too, IIRC. Plus Nick managed to forget half his wardrobe and various electronic items...

EDIT: nearly forgot, I managed to leave a filter case with 3 ND filters on a cliff top at sunset, went back the next day but it's gone!

Last edited:
Back